• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Indie World announced for Nov. 14 at 9:00 a.m PT

These are always exciting, love to see what the indie community has been up to,

It was some time since there was something huge for me though, hoping for something cool!

You mean Mina? That’s not going to be out until next year at the earliest.
I think they might have meant YCG's other title in development. If I'm remembering right they said I'm an interview they have two teams. I want to say there was an indication the other game may be 3D.

I do find it funny that after the og was in a normal direct (an E3 direct iirc), everyone is fully on board with Silksong being demoted to indie world fodder. Even Among Us was big enough to get promoted out of indie world and have it's new map shown in a mainline direct.
I don't think that's a particularly apt comparison. Among Us is an order of magnitude more popular than Hollow Knight. It's sold more on Switch than Hollow Knight has on all platforms combined.

Discussion of Hogwarts Legacy is banned on Famiboards, per our Banned Content List in Research & Development. Please refrain from continuing to bring up the title. - VolcanicDynamo, meatbag, xghost777
Baldur's Gate 3 for Switch 1?

Won't happen.

To be fair, I remember similar things were said about [a particular Switch conversion] prior to a Switch version being announced, and that is coming out very shortly for it. And given that recent Ram optimization the devs found, who knows what else could theoretically be possible.

I still don't think BG3 will see Switch 1, but I think technically speaking it's feasible.

EDIT on 11/14/2023: My apologizes for mentioning it.

Last edited:
To be fair, I remember similar things were said about Hogwarts Legacy prior to a Switch version being announced, and that is coming out very shortly for it. And given that recent Ram optimization the devs found, who knows what else could theoretically be possible.

I still don't think BG3 will see Switch 1, but I think technically speaking it's feasible.
I totally forgot about the RAM optimization being found.

Yeah, that could change equation a bit. let's hope it's enough. Personally, I would probably wait to play BG3 on Swtich 2 (if it ends up on Nintendo console(s))

My longshot hope is for an update on Radio the Universe, an incredible-looking post apocalyptic Zelda-like, that has been continuously postponed for ages.

I don't think it's due to make this year, but would be nice to see another update on Earthblade, a metroidvania from the Celeste devs.

If Metal Slug Tactics doesn't show up, I'm really worried about its status. I love the Metal Slug IP and tactical/strategy is one of my fave genres, so was really looking forward to it.

On an aside, I'm appreciative of this thread for actually focusing on discussing indie games as opposed to Era's thread that is pretty much posters thinking they're witty by re-positing Silksong clown memes for the millionth time. It's well past the point of annoying kid at school who parrots someone else's joke to death.

Stardew Valley 1.6 update? Maybe a teaser for Haunted Chocolatier alongside it? lol I shouldn't get my hopes up that high when ConcernedApe technically only promised PC with certainty and then other major consoles later

Wasn't Mika at Witch Mountain(the Kiki Delivery service looking game) supposed to be out this year?

Maybe that'll show up. It seems perfect for Switch

The fact that pyoro only leaked Outer Wilds pretty much means it's the only notable known game. Everything else will be either known and unremarkable, or something brand new and therefore unknown, which isn't a bad thing.

With these presentations I'm pretty much looking for 1 or 2 games that catch my interest and I'm satisfied, no need for big heavy hitters (IMO)

To be fair, I remember similar things were said about Hogwarts Legacy prior to a Switch version being announced, and that is coming out very shortly for it. And given that recent Ram optimization the devs found, who knows what else could theoretically be possible.

the problem for switch won't be ram, it'll be CPU. and Larian already ruled it out after they ported Divinity, citing CPU

Stardew Valley 1.6 update? Maybe a teaser for Haunted Chocolatier alongside it? lol I shouldn't get my hopes up that high when ConcernedApe technically only promised PC with certainty and then other major consoles later
Both would be nice surprises haha. 1.6 should be out soon but with HC ConcernedApe can probably lay low with it for another year. I don't think it's coming out until 2025. But god I hope I'm wrong and it comes out next holiday season lmao.

Both would be nice surprises haha. 1.6 should be out soon but with HC ConcernedApe can probably lay low with it for another year. I don't think it's coming out until 2025. But god I hope I'm wrong and it comes out next holiday season lmao.
I mean, when the teaser trailer and website first went live, I really wanted to believe that something was coming this year and that there were not-so-hidden clues... 🥲

25_asdfi8nasdfh.png

Regardless, I hope news comes out soon either way. I'm itching to go for another new save file but I'm trying to hold off and just keep to puttering around on my year 8 farm haha

I mean, when the teaser trailer and website first went live, I really wanted to believe that something was coming this year and that there were not-so-hidden clues... 🥲

25_asdfi8nasdfh.png

Regardless, I hope news comes out soon either way. I'm itching to go for another new save file but I'm trying to hold off and just keep to puttering around on my year 8 farm haha
I'm sure he may have planned for 2023 but with 1.6 stardew and his way of developing I'm not surprised by how long it's taking. I mean he had to put HC a bit on the back burner just so he can focus on 1.6, get it out, and then put all of his energy on HC.

the problem for switch won't be ram, it'll be CPU. and Larian already ruled it out after they ported Divinity, citing CPU

So despite that Original Sin 2 came out all the way back in 2019 for Switch, there aren't enough optimizations within the game engine today to make BG3 work on Switch 4 years later? Was this something Larian said recently, or was it when Original Sin 2 came out? I'm just curious is all.

I'm sure he may have planned for 2023 but with 1.6 stardew and his way of developing I'm not surprised by how long it's taking. I mean he had to put HC a bit on the back burner just so he can focus on 1.6, get it out, and then put all of his energy on HC.
Yeah, it was probably to be expected once 1.6 was announced; probably just a way to fight burnout and come back to HC with a fresh take.

It'll come eventually, but god is it ever a pain having to wait when it already looks so good 😅

Yeah, it was probably to be expected once 1.6 was announced; probably just a way to fight burnout and come back to HC with a fresh take.

It'll come eventually, but god is it ever a pain having to wait when it already looks so good 😅
agreed. Thankfully for me I can always go for another round of stardew. One of my most played games lmao

So despite that Original Sin 2 came out all the way back in 2019 for Switch, there aren't enough optimizations within the game engine today to make BG3 work on Switch 4 years later? Was this something Larian said recently, or was it when Original Sin 2 came out? I'm just curious is all.
They said this when Original Sin 2 came out. And considering the game hits cpu limits on newer cpus like PS5, scaling that down to 3 1GHz cores from 2012 is an ask. Steam Deck hits cpu limits too if I remember correctly

Brotato was in the last indie world.

Amazing game.

Chants of Sennaar and the sequel to West of Loathing, too.
I'm in the same boat. This is how much I love indies (majority of my collection ATM).

I've never played Outer Wilds but have heard so much good things about it, cannot wait to snap that one up. And I also am looking forward to others in the Indieworld Direct.

I'm in the same boat. This is how much I love indies (majority of my collection ATM).

I've never played Outer Wilds but have heard so much good things about it, cannot wait to snap that one up. And I also am looking forward to others in the Indieworld Direct.

Great collection!

Vernal Edge is one of the most underrated games of the year.

I need to check out OneShot.

Same with Tents & Trees, There is no Game, and Unsighted.

I’m hearing really good things about Slay the Princess, that would be nice to see on Switch (even if it might be too spooky for me)

Some I'm hoping show up

Hazelnut Bastille has been in development for so many years, I thought it was canned, but the dev's twitter was recently updated with new screenshots.

Been looking forward to this for a while. Hope some new games catch my eye and I’d be quite happy if Momodora 5 showed up here given it’s been MIA for a year.

The fact that pyoro only leaked Outer Wilds pretty much means it's the only notable known game. Everything else will be either known and unremarkable, or something brand new and therefore unknown, which isn't a bad thing.

With these presentations I'm pretty much looking for 1 or 2 games that catch my interest and I'm satisfied, no need for big heavy hitters (IMO)
Don’t forget that while Pyoro got Mario Wonder back in June he failed to get Peach or Luigis Mansion 2 meaning that he can predict in the near future but not more than six months ahead

There's usually a sale attached to these presentations, right? I might end up buying discounted games in my backlog instead of anything they show in the presentation, but that's still nice.

There's usually a sale attached to these presentations, right? I might end up buying discounted games in my backlog instead of anything they show in the presentation, but that's still nice.
Yup this will be the minor sale before the big sales next week tho.

(I’m hoping for a Gigabash sale. Well for the base game. Might wait on the dlc till after I’ve seen if anything else I want goes on sale since the dlc isn’t going on sale XD)

That leads me to believe it's underwhelming if it didn't inspire Pyoro to leak more interesting things. Probably because there isn't anything. Personal hunch here.

I'm positive the majority of famiboards will walk away from this presentation and say "meh" due to a lack of "big name" announcements. The indie world earlier this year - what games would pyoro have deemed hype worthy? Chants of Sennaar, one of the best puzzle games of the year? No one gave a damn when that was shown off here. Brotato or PlateUp have "overwhelmingly positive" ratings on steam but they were disregarded, too.

Even if pyoro thinks Outer Wilds is the only worthwhile game of note... I'm sure there'll be other good stuff.

I'm positive the majority of famiboards will walk away from this presentation and say "meh" due to a lack of "big name" announcements. The indie world earlier this year - what games would pyoro have deemed hype worthy? Chants of Sennaar, one of the best puzzle games of the year? No one gave a damn when that was shown off here. Brotato or PlateUp have "overwhelmingly positive" ratings on steam but they were disregarded, too.

Even if pyoro thinks Outer Wilds is the only worthwhile game of note... I'm sure there'll be other good stuff.
Hopefully, I'd like to see some rpgs (in particular like gba era ones, old ff styles ones, mario and luigi style ones, golden sun style ones). mina the hollower or anything like that (top down action-adventure/rpg), sidescrolling arpgs... just anything in that vein. We always get metroidvanias with the ability focus. There's not a ton of mimicry of other beloved games. Too much mimicry of the same stuff. Idk maybe I dont' pay attention enough.

Offtopic kinda: Right now I'm just kinda down because I remembered Alphadream died lol

I just realized there's a non-zero chance that we could see Fantasian here and now I'm getting kinda hyped.

I often find it quite disappointing that plenty of takes from indie world presentations are that it’s a flop if there’s no further news of a huge/massively popular indie game everyone already knows is coming or has already released elsewhere. When surely the spirit of Indie World is raising awareness of games you haven’t seen before by small teams that really need the boost, rather than stuff like Outer Wilds or Silksong that, when they get an update, it’ll be all over the games press and Twitter in seconds. I’m happy to leave Indie World for the games that don’t have that kind of following, rather than the ones that will get instant mass coverage if they drop the tiniest hint on social media anywhere. That’s the thing about indies, there’s ones that have way more pull than others based on prestige. Like, Silksong got an Edge cover story just based on that it’s coming. Does it really need to take up all the oxygen in an Indie World that games that need the exposure could really use.

That leads me to believe it's underwhelming if it didn't inspire Pyoro to leak more interesting things. Probably because there isn't anything. Personal hunch here.
tbh that's true for pretty much any indie world direct. people will be interested in a few of the games, but there's never really any huge megatons. a lot of the games are going to be completely new to most people anyway, there's nothing to leak about them.

tbh that's true for pretty much any indie world direct. people will be interested in a few of the games, but there's never really any huge megatons. a lot of the games are going to be completely new to most people anyway, there's nothing to leak about them.
I’m glad of it being that way. The idea that it’s ‘nothing’ just because the games aren’t the handful of popular indie breakthrough hits that already have tons of coverage just isn’t what Indie World is about to me.

I’m glad of it being that way. The idea that it’s ‘nothing’ just because the games aren’t the handful of popular indie breakthrough hits that already have tons of coverage just isn’t what Indie World is about to me.
true

I often find it quite disappointing that plenty of takes from indie world presentations are that it’s a flop if there’s no further news of an indie game everyone already knows is coming.
Frankly, that's a sentiment I find common in any presentation; people are only on the lookout for one or two specific things, and they don't care about anything else. Personally, I also enjoy Indie Worlds that put a lot of the lesser known games on my radar. I look forward to games like Mina The Hollower and Outer Wilds, but I already know about them. I like learning about new games. I learned about A Space for the Unbound from one of these showcases and it's one of my favorite games that I've played this year.

Back
Top Bottom