• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Indie World announced for Nov. 14 at 9:00 a.m PT

Always surprising that they moved away from them for Indie Directs. Did this setup become too predictable? At least the main Directs have them.

The following games are interesting to me, though I might get them for Steam thanks to favourable regional pricing if they are available.

Howl
The Star Named EOS
Blade Chimera
A highland song
Moonstone Island
Death Trick: Double Blind
The Gecko Gods

Thank you for reading.

Pretty good showing variety-wise. The only thing that made my eyes roll was the “procedurally generated, deck building, rogue-lite, life sim” game. Might be a good game but so many buzzwords.

plenty of intrigue, for sure! definitely a few I’ll check out, and happy to see Outer Wilds!

Usually really enjoy indie world showcases but this one just didn't hit. Only thing of interest was A Highland Song which I knew about anyway.

Oh well, win some lose some

"Timed console exclusive" disappointing to see Nintendo stoop to the level of Sony and MS.

Great Indie World though. Excited for Outer Wilds physical and A Highland Song soon.

Outer Wilds was the only thing I'm interested in, but hopefully this indie world sale is nice!

Very good Indie World. For me :

• Blade Chimera
  • Death Trick : Double Blind
  • Planet of Lana

Last edited:
Enjoy the Diner and The Gecko Gods grabbed my interest, and also really looking forward to finally playing The Outer Wilds (but I may wait for a physical copy next year). All in all really fun Indie World, though I'm easy to please lol.

Edit: wait, Urban Myth Dissolution Center also looks great!

Last edited:
Every time you complain that you're tired of certain genres or feel the need to single out the games you didn't like the look of, that game you can't wait for gets delayed further. (y)

image0.gif

Sorry.
Sorry again.

Every time you complain that you're tired of certain genres or feel the need to single out the games you didn't like the look of, that game you can't wait for gets delayed further. (y)
Sorry everyone, me being a bit tired of ‘procedurally generated’ gameplay loops is what’s holding back a reveal of Dragon Quest III 2DHD :)

On the plus side I did think there was a really nice sense of variety to this Indie Direct. It was well paced.

So uh

Shantae Advance, Blade Chimera, and Planet of Lana all have eShop pages, but when I click the heart to add them to my wish list the heart goes solid for a second and then automatically un-clicks? Has anyone seen this before?

So uh

Shantae Advance, Blade Chimera, and Planet of Lana all have eShop pages, but when I click the heart to add them to my wish list the heart goes solid for a second and then automatically un-clicks? Has anyone seen this before?
They're currently updating the eShop with new pages. Just wait for few hours, they might still be incomplete.

Haven't watched the Indie World yet, but saw that it featured A Highland Song, which I had been waiting for after seeing it on Edge maybe over a year ago simply because it's from Inkle.

So uh

a lot of the games were available for purchase/preorder a few minutes ago but seem to be unavailable again—they’re probably just fiddling with stuff on the backend rn

Don’t forget the Japanese broadcast will likely have different titles being showcased as well.

RE: Pizza Tower, I’ve read a few comments on Era saying the dev hates Switch and won’t put the game on it, is there a reason for the hate?

Nothing really caught my attention outside of Howl, but, as usual, I love the variety that was shown.
"Timed console exclusive" disappointing to see Nintendo stoop to the level of Sony and MS.

Great Indie World though. Excited for Outer Wilds physical and A Highland Song soon.
The "timed console exclusive" has been a thing for these indie presentations since the first one back when the Switch launched.

A Highland Song seems like such a love letter to my country that I immediately pre ordered it!
I was watching the direct on the bus with no sound but as soon as I saw the subtitle "I must be off my trolley" it awoke the Scottish in my veins lmao.

Really appreciate these Indie highlights cause otherwise something like that probably would've flown under my radar with all the other stuff I have to play

Before I read other impressions I'll quickly note mine: banger after banger. I kept saying to my partner: "there's not a single game I'm not interested in yet...". Every featured game had me intrigued. There were a couple on the sizzle reel I was less interested in, but everything else was bang on. A great presentation and my wishlist grows ever larger.

Urban Myth Dissolution Center was the only one that really caught my interest, and it was just a few seconds in a sizzle reel! Crazy how that works. I don't think the other games showcased looked bad at all, they just inspired feelings that were more like "cool, I might get around to that eventually" rather than "I need to play that immediately." That said it's always fun to see what the indie space is up to on Switch, even if the games don't resonate with me. I thought it was a good presentation.

I think it's really wholesome how Nintendo allows indie devs to show their faces on camera to talk about their game, but part of me has to wonder if these Indie Worlds wouldn't be better if rather than spending so long on a handful of titles and then showing a highlight reel, they'd instead spend a more even amount of time with each release.

There was stuff in the highlight reel that certainly could've used more attention.

These were my highlights

A Highland Song
Howl
Blade Chimera
Backpack Hero
On your Tail
Outer Wilds
Heavenly Bodies

Latter looks fantastic

I think these games weren't in the English presentation:
  • Toasterball
  • Chants of Sennaar