• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club I'm obsessed with the Nicole Kidman AMC Theatres ad

Here's some bullshit for you: as far as I know, there are no AMC theatres in Canada. I have never and will never get to see this at the movies!

M7PAzeB.png
Unacceptable, and frankly insulting. Does the Canadian government know about this? What measures are they taking to remedy it? I'm a diehard AMC Theatres loyalist. Bury me with my AMC Stubs A-List subscription. They sell keychains in the lobby, I'll buy one next time and put my medical info on the back.
Sitting in the theater having just seen The Iron Claw and I am fucked all the way up. I was expecting some harsh, drug-filled drama about rasslin wildmen that I heard had great cinematography and the dude from The Bear but what I got instead was an extremely sad and powerful story about toxic masculinity and generational trauma and what that did to a real family that sincerely loved each other. I am in tears right now.

But that's okay, because somehow heartbreak feels good in a place like this.
This movie wasn't on my radar at all, and I'm now considering checking it out, solely thanks to your post! I finally caught Godzilla Minus One last night, and that ended up being absolute peak. The Holdovers, Godzilla Minus One, and Blue Beetle are my top three for 2023 so far. Really enjoyed them.
This caught my eye: AMC selling their own candy for the first time in a century!

Need an AMC Freak to give me a review.
I don't think I've seen their branded candy out here yet! I'll keep an eye out. 🙏

This movie wasn't on my radar at all, and I'm now considering checking it out, solely thanks to your post! I finally caught Godzilla Minus One last night, and that ended up being absolute peak. The Holdovers, Godzilla Minus One, and Blue Beetle are my top three for 2023 so far. Really enjoyed them.

I don't think I've seen their branded candy out here yet! I'll keep an eye out. 🙏
Ooooh The Holdovers is the one with Paul Giamatti, right? I saw previews but it never came anywhere near me, I gotta check it out when it hits streaming.

And if you appreciate true-story family dramas with surprisingly good cinematography that feature Jeremy Allen White screaming, I highly recommend checking out The Iron Claw on the big screen if you can. It was a tough watch at times (due to sad stuff) but was much better than I expected going in. I'm honestly bugged that Zac Efron doesn't have any awards buzz for it (which is a sentence I never thought I'd type).

USA NUMBER ONE 🇺🇸🦅🇺🇸🦅🇺🇸🦅
You can see this batshit ad on the silver screen whenever you want and you get those fancy Taco Bells where you can order beers and stuff?

sjcNDh8.gif

I'm not sure how to defend myself here.

They sell keychains in the lobby, I'll buy one next time and put my medical info on the back.
Emergency contact 1: Nicole Kidman
Emergency contact 2: Keith Urban

I wonder if I should call my dad and ask for a loan.
Tell him it's an ironclad investment opportunity.

Step 1. Purchase suit
Step 2. Spend years leading an online meme campaign to raise awareness of the ad so the value of the suit will rise
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit

@Aurc despite the bad reviews, decided to see Night Swim. It occurred to me that I could play this ad on my phone before the movie started, and I am frankly embarrassed by how delighted this revelation made me. It was prettayyyy, pretty good.

The ad I mean. The movie was pretty bad.

@Aurc despite the bad reviews, decided to see Night Swim. It occurred to me that I could play this ad on my phone before the movie started, and I am frankly embarrassed by how delighted this revelation made me. It was prettayyyy, pretty good.

The ad I mean. The movie was pretty bad.
Oh man... my brother in the shitwatch. 🤝 I'm sorry you had to endure that used diaper of a movie, my bloke, but at least you can lean on me for emotional support if you need to! I know what you've been through. To me, it felt like being transported back to middle school and feeling rather posh, thanks to taking a nice trip with the lads to see some 26% Rotten Tomatoes disaster on a Friday evening. Good times! Sadly, I'm a grown man now, so a jaunt to the cinema seldom makes for an activity with the lads, but rather, a welcome momentary distraction from the rat bastard life can be. It is what it is! Anyway, Night Swim, huh? It was a movie. A movie with actors in it, and a possessed pool. If you froze that pool, it would fall under the duties of the cold Ghostbusters, rather than Mike Ehrmantraut's daughter-in-law and Kurt Russell's son. Funny how a small change like that could've resulted in such a different movie...

As far as Queen Kidman... thank you for Trusting Her Process! The ad is simply peak camp, right? I just feel bad for her having to watch Creed and Wonder Woman on repeat. It's her personal Twilight Zone, but she does it all for us, and that's why she's our goddess.

Call me a heretic, but can you just imagine what if AMC replaced Nicole Kidman with Jack Black instead?
Jack is more Regal or Cinemark's speed I think
(and I'm not just saying that due to them being the only chains in my area)
(okay maybe a little)

After lurking in this thread, I just want to finally contribute by saying that last week, I saw Dune Part 2 with my cousin and they needed more time to get the movie ready so this ad aired three times in a row.

Enjoyed it almost as much as the actual movie. (Great, btw)

Alright, I'm just gonna say it: I don't vibe as much with the new version of the ad I've seen these last few trips to AMC. Sure, our girl Nicole has finally managed to escape the purgatory of Jurassic World, Wonder Woman, La La Land, and Creed on repeat, but at what cost? Not only has the ad's length been cut in half, but they've audaciously removed her iconic "Somehow, heartbreak feels good in a place like this" line!

Dramatic "Because here... they are" > "That's magic", imo.
Call me a heretic, but can you just imagine what if AMC replaced Nicole Kidman with Jack Black instead?
Jack Black is currently busy being in the Kung Fu Panda 4 Noovie segment! The timestamped bit has played before the last few movies I've seen 👏

Nicole Kidman wants to join some drag queens for a live performance of the ad. If this happens near anybody reading this, you gotta go.
AMC needs to make this happen and include it in the loot pool as a super rare 1/100 drop. Imagine going to see cold Ghostbusters on a casual Thursday and being blessed with peak unexpectedly!
After lurking in this thread, I just want to finally contribute by saying that last week, I saw Dune Part 2 with my cousin and they needed more time to get the movie ready so this ad aired three times in a row.

Enjoyed it almost as much as the actual movie. (Great, btw)
What !?!?! I'm jealous!!! That sounds like comedy gold, Jerry. I think Nicole must've needed more energy for the Spirit Bomb, in order to make sure you were all truly prepared for Dune. I saw Part One for the first time in IMAX last month during the reissue, and it was pretty neat! I'm planning on seeing Part Two in IMAX 70mm, so that should hopefully make for an engrossing experience.

Jack Black is currently busy being in the Kung Fu Panda 4 Noovie segment! The timestamped bit has played before the last few movies I've seen 👏
See? As charming as Nicole is, she just doesn't have the "melt your face off" energy that Jack brings. I'm amazed he managed to restrain himself when singing "Peaches" from the Super Mario movie.

See? As charming as Nicole is, she just doesn't have the "melt your face off" energy that Jack brings. I'm amazed he managed to restrain himself when singing "Peaches" from the Super Mario movie.
I would consider cheating on AMC with Regal if they produced a Jack Black equivalent to Nicole's ad. There, I said it.

Back
Top Bottom