• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News IGN x ID@Xbox Digital Showcase Returns April 29, 2024 (10 AM PT) | Dungeons of Hinterberg, 33 Immortals, Lost Records Bloom & Rage, and many others

thank you all for keeping me sane during ID@Xbox Showcase 2024 Presented by IGN and Xfinity. some of those games looked great! definitely curious to see more of the new Kaizen Game Works thing.

and shouts out to having clips of GTA6 at the end of this lmfao. so awesome.

Once again I find myself questioning whether a couple cool games deserved putting up with the cringe.

I'm leaning towards a big, fat "no" β€” even though there were some cool games, indeed.

but will nobody think of XFINITY

this game looks far too good to be announced at this shit ass presentation
Yeah, I'd expect the next game by Paradise Killer devs to be in a regular Nintendo Direct, not even in Indie World.

Maybe it'll still appear in a future Direct, the game has a tentative 2025 date anyway.

Damn… Microsoft didn’t have the budget to make a show. Like couldn’t Xbox made the show?
too busy contracting for the US military

Admittedly, it was entirely my own fault for watching this sober.
BST7Un6.jpeg

I am once again saying that it's really. really okay not to make games 3D if you don't know why you're making them 3D

I think America-based presentations are the scourge of the earth and an accurate vibe barometer for the great satan

Some cool games, absolutely could have done without the lethally embarrassing skits. I don't use the word 'cringe' much but... cringe.
As an outspoken enjoyer of the old Nintendo Direct skits from the Reggie & Bill days, even I gotta admit this show was painful.

I only caught this from the mascot game onwards but that + the short Chinese (Gamera Games) reel were very nice

I think America-based presentations are the scourge of the earth and an accurate vibe barometer for the great satan
I dunno why but this reads as a 2-card Cards Against Humanity play to me

I think America-based presentations are ___________ and an accurate vibe barometer for ____________

And the two cards: "the scourge of the earth" and "the great satan"

I don't fault Team Cherry at all for how long they are taking. They're a small team, and if their last game is anything to go off of Silksong will release in amazing shape with unparalleled quality.

That said, I'm starting to feel really terribly for these other indie developers who are putting their work out there only to get a bunch of folks panning it just because it isn't Silksong.

I dunno why but this reads as a 2-card Cards Against Humanity play to me

I think America-based presentations are ___________ and an accurate vibe barometer for ____________

And the two cards: "the scourge of the earth" and "the great satan
*scribbles down these ideas on a blank card once I dig out CAH from my games closet

Last edited:
Fell asleep right after watching the presentation, so uh late thoughts!

As with most non-Nintendo presentations, this had really weird pacing. Sometimes they would play the Xbox logo + sound effect twice in quick succession, which I assume was an editing problem. Some games pass by too quickly. And the presenters, bless their hearts, felt like they were desperately reading off a script, and honestly made the show more difficult to watch.

The games on display, though, were excellent. A lot of variety in themes and gameplay styles. Promise Mascot Agency was the huge standout, where you're basically managing this giant severed pinky finger and other weirdos, then presumably playing appropriately themed minigames in order to earn that cash and cred.

All You Need is Help and Keylocker were the other two that caught my eye. The former just screams couch coop chaos, and the latter has that cyberpunk synth that I really vibe with.

Fera just seems like a bunch of survivalgamecraft elements stapled together, but I dig that. Hopefully they can polish out the jank by time of release. The combat in particular does not look as crunchy as I would've liked.

33 Immortals has been shown before, but I still think it's a solid idea. Kind of like managing an MMO raid party.

Stampede Racing Royale is the Fall Guys take on kart racers, it seems. I'm all for it.

Times and Galaxy seems like a journalism simulator set in a late night adult swim cartoon? Have to wonder if you need to balance clickbaiting readers for views and preserving journalistic integrity, or if it's basically a game of seeing the consequences for your choices.

Major thumbs down for all the Palworld exposure though. Booooo!

I thought 33 Immortals kinda looked like "multiplayer roguelite Jotun," so then imagine my surprise when it was made by the devs behind Jotun, and while googling to confirm that I discovered that the absolutely breathtaking Spiritfarer is also made by them!! Hell of a team!!

For context as to why I'm so giddy about Jotun, it was one of the indies I got on WiiU that helped launch my indie love

Back
Top Bottom