• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion If Mercurysteam Were To Make A Metroid Fusion Remake What Would You Want To Be Changed, And What Would You Want To Stay Absolutely The Same?

Introduce the pulse radar. So many times I was stopped dead in my tracks because I didn’t bother to shoot every single block in each room.

Maybe add the control scheme from Zero Mission, and please, keep the colors. Dread looks so monotonous with its industrial look (only played the demo though)

Maybe add the control scheme from Zero Mission, and please, keep the colors. Dread looks so monotonous with its industrial look (only played the demo though)
I'll admit that I may be forgetting something, but how did Zero Mission's control scheme differ from Fusion's?

Agreed on the colors. I dig the bold look of the GBA games, even if I do also understand why people would want them toned down a bit. I love Dread, but yeah, it had some really sterile environments at points.

I remember ZM having a more fluid control scheme, can’t remember the specifics though, I played them on Wii U some years ago.

They have the same control scheme, but Zero Mission has more responsive/refined control over Samus and additional abilities like ballspark and infinite bomb jumps. They're not completely different like Super & Fusion, they basically just improved on the same gameplay.

I agree on cutting down or removing altogether elevator inner monologues, doing something with the shocking ten reveal (though what exactly is a hard call), mercurysteamifying the bosses, and expanding ever so miniscully on the chase sequences.

Plus change the part where a bomb will inexplicably make a pillar rise up from being total bullshit.

A remake will naturally have better controls as it won't be on the GBA. This is not a dunk on the GBA, just an acknowledgement that Switch has 2x the face and shoulder buttons of the GBA. A Fusion remake should tweak the level design and enemy ai to better make use of free aiming (which should be added), have a dash button, have a morph ball button, and possibly add the Returns/Dread counter attack.

Beyond that I don't think much should be changed. The games structure is important to it's narrative, and just because Other M bungled the idea or Samus being forced to follow orders does not mean it's stink rubs off on Fusion. There's way too much important story and lore given in Samus's monologues to cut them, your option is to either expand them into full on cut scenes, or leave them exactly as they were but now voiced. Many of the suggestions people have can basically be summarized as "I don't like what Fusion was going for and want Fusion to be more like Super/Zero" and I doubt Nintendo or MS would completely redesign the game like that.

I would beg them to not try to add new backtracking, it's their weakest skill.

Back
Top Bottom