• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity + Expansion Pass |ST| Whatever Happened, Happened.

Would you use a Guardian as a lawnmower?

• Total voters
First post here. Hi people =]

Got the 2 DLCs and reached 100% completion in AoC some days ago. Had a blast all along. And since I've grown up with the N64, I'm not that sentitive to fps drops (my most played game is friggin' Perfect Dark and had tons of fun), so I barely registered any while playing.

Would be my 2020 GOTY if it wasn't for Hades.
Welcome, and good choice of first post! AoC was definitely one of my favorite games of 2020, losing only to Hades and CrossCode for me. Despite it being basically the poster child for bad Switch framerates I can't say it ever bothered me either

AoC was a lot of fun, but there was too little optional content (which is funny, cause original HW was a bloated monster in that regard). Plus I really missed those tactical moments of the original, where giving commands to your units made more sense.

Yeah, its only real negative is the lack of longevity if compared to the first HW, which is a monster in that regard. It's almost an unfair comparison haha

If I ever clear my Switch backlog, I'm going back to HWDE.

AoC was a lot of fun, but there was too little optional content (which is funny, cause original HW was a bloated monster in that regard). Plus I really missed those tactical moments of the original, where giving commands to your units made more sense.

Yeah, in this game I'm really just using that feature more to juggle long journeys across the map during time-limited missions... the lack of "strategy" gameplay in this one really hurts the post-game

Currently trying the EX Memory Quest The Yiga's Clan Retreat and this is tough.

I'm replaying the game, so I'm at level 60 or so, and trying to beat the level as Master Kohga without the Sheikah Slate it's terribly painful. I'm thinking really strongly to set aside my two remaining Memory Quests (King and Princess and this one - I know there's another one after) and come back after beating the whole game and levelling up Kohga to something like 70-75, because yikes.

I'm playing at Very Hard but I refuse to dial down the difficulty. I think what makes it even more painful to loose is that not having the slate makes everything fight so much slower than usual, and that's breaking completely the pace for me.

I decided to go back to this game after completing TOTK. I always liked it, but it put me off that each mission takes so long to play.

What I like about this game is...

• You can use the rune abilities alongside normal attacks, and once you get the hang if it there are loads of options to keep the combat fun
  • New cinematics with the BOTW characters! They look great!
  • It's kind of breezy fun, at least in Easy mode which I chose just because I wanna play through it without much fuss rather than have it sit in my backlog

I'm glad I'm someone who doesn't really notice performance problems too much. The game seems to run ok to me, but I've only played the first two missions plus the Rito one. Does it get worse?

Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread, just wanted to share some love for this game!

I decided to go back to this game after completing TOTK. I always liked it, but it put me off that each mission takes so long to play.

What I like about this game is...

• You can use the rune abilities alongside normal attacks, and once you get the hang if it there are loads of options to keep the combat fun
  • New cinematics with the BOTW characters! They look great!
  • It's kind of breezy fun, at least in Easy mode which I chose just because I wanna play through it without much fuss rather than have it sit in my backlog

I'm glad I'm someone who doesn't really notice performance problems too much. The game seems to run ok to me, but I've only played the first two missions plus the Rito one. Does it get worse?

Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread, just wanted to share some love for this game!

I actually have ended up remembering this game more fondly than I expected. Looking back, it has this "BOTW inspired Saturday morning cartoon" energy going on that I can appreciate a lot.

Also as clunky as it was I liked the Divine Beast stages a lot. There's something amazing about a musou that just directly gives you the Zelda equivalent of a giant Mecha.

Half wondering if we'd get something like this for ToTK at some point.

I actually have ended up remembering this game more fondly than I expected. Looking back, it has this "BOTW inspired Saturday morning cartoon" energy going on that I can appreciate a lot.

Also as clunky as it was I liked the Divine Beast stages a lot. There's something amazing about a musou that just directly gives you the Zelda equivalent of a giant Mecha.

Half wondering if we'd get something like this for ToTK at some point.
Yes definitely on the Sat morning cartoon! Honestly I was afraid to say this but I think it looks so amazing on my TV, like something I would've dreamed of as a kid.

Haven't got to the divine beast stuff yet.

Back
Top Bottom