• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions How Serious Will Nintendo Be to Get Grand Theft Auto 6 onto Drake?

Not serious at all. Switch sold more than any system that has GTAV without ever getting GTAV. Nintendo doesn't need rockstar games in their systems.

They may not need it. But having it would be super useful, expecially if it launches the same year of the console.

While true they don’t need it but as you said it would be one of the biggest gaming news if it comes to Switch 2.

It may have reduced visuals, lower resolution and reduced animation frame rate to reduce CPU. But it would guarantee to sell millions and millions during the consoles lifetime as it can be played both as handheld and docked

Not serious at all. If T2 wants it on Switch: great. If not: great too. Nintendo have been doing great without GTA and will do fine if the next GTA drops.

Nintendo asked THQ for a Saints Row game for the 3DS which was later canned, can't see them at least not try to get T2 to port GTA 6, unless they changed.

I believe that with Switch and in the future with Switch 2 it is no longer a question of what "Nintendo needs".

We know that Nintendo can sell tons of consoles even without some big names but now, it's the big names who have realized that they can sell tons more thanks to Nintendo.
In recent years we have had many examples, to name a few:
  • the huge change of direction of Square-Enix (that begun on DS/3DS)
  • EA which recently also created the latest FIFA (or whatever it's called) in line with the other versions
  • the same R* which brought all its brands to Switch... etc etc.

The trend reversal began some time ago and will continue with Switch 2.

Nintendo asked THQ for a Saints Row game for the 3DS which was later canned, can't see them at least not try to get T2 to port GTA 6, unless they changed.
The "GTA-like" alternatives are sure not as plentiful as they were a few years back.

I'm pretty torn on that, there are too many unknowns regarding how demanding the game will be and what the capability of the next Nintendo system is. What we can say pretty much for sure is that the game will have to run on Series S. I'm not in the "Series S holds back game graphics" camp at all, but it does mean that it'll have to scale to at least that level of hardware. So that's something at least.

What'll really determine it I think is whether it has a sufficient CPU (I'd expect it to be a pretty CPU intensive game), and also what acceptance level Rockstar has for an inferior version of their flagship game. Maybe they can get it to run, but if it's using lower-than-low shitty LoD, population density and shadow quality, all at an awful resolution that DLSS barely cleans up, maybe they consider it not a good look for them and they'd rather wait for a Switch 3 to give the game a second wind like 7 years later.

Back
Top Bottom