• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion How’s the second half of the year looking for you?

Looks crazy good. Baren kaitos, starfield, sea of stars, dq 3 hd, exoprimal... and the list goes on. I have a hard time finishing games from my backlog and there are so many good games appearing every month.

Just a reminder for the folks who were too busy with Fire Emblem Engage and Xenoblade 3 GOTY DLC early in the year, go try out the Octopath II demo. Definitely the best JRPG from Square Enix since the PS2 days.

I'm fully stacked for a long long time, and since I am a filthy consumer I have even more games bought but they're kind of... in the backburner waiting for a chance. And surely there's going to be more games announced in the not too distant future in some kind of event.

Not sure why I bothered with another console tbh, I would be fine with just the PC and my Switch because Stormgate, Diablo 4 and SteamWorld Build are probably the only non Switch games I will buy this year.

Currently playing:
Tears of the Kingdom

Upcoming games for the next half year or so:
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective: Remastered
Pikmin 4
Baten Kaitos 1+2 HD
Sea of Stars
Chained Echoes [Physical version]
The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
Prince of Persia - The Lost Crown
Tunic [Physical version]
Stormgate (Alpha)
SteamWorld Build
Suikoden 1+2 HD Remastered

Recently released but not yet bought:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed (holding out until post Zelda or if announced a physical version)
Diablo 4
Theatrhythm Final Bar Line

Backlog:
Trinity Trigger
Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters
Death's Door
F.I.S.T Forged in Shadow Torch
plaaaay deaaaaath’s doooooooor

Hard to say without a Direct to announce new things / firm up some release dates. FFXVI and Story of Seasons in the next week for sure. Interested in Pikmin 4 but I'm not sure if day one on it. Sea of Stars for sure since I'm a Kickstarter backer and really excited for it. September though December is a bit of a crapshoot at the moment -- there's some stuff I'm mildly interested in that will easily be bumped by even a mid-size first party Nintendo release. If Starfield runs well on Series S I'll probably check that out.

For me its backlog town and Pikmin 4, i havent even started Prime remake and totk just keeps pulling me in at 90hrs

Just noticed I forgot to mention Forza Motorsport in my post.

Also, is it just me or does Assassin's Creed Mirage look kind of promising? Definitely will be keeping an eye on it.

Diablo 4, Pikmin 4, Baten Kaidos and Starfield... after playing Zelda. So maybe around Octuber. Dunno what Nintendo is showing tomorrow.

I still have to beat Xeno3 before the above as well :/

magic-eight-ball-ask-again-later-photo-researchers-inc.jpg

Later being after the Direct tomorrow

The big one I'm excited for and certainly getting is Cities Skylines 2

But I'm also interested in:
Starfield
Decapolice
Moonstone island
Sea of Stars
The Plucky Squire
Mina the Hollower (if it makes the year )
Pokemon Dlc
Baten Kaitos
Ghost trick
Layton pls

And then whatever Nintendo has cooking. This year is quite full of amazing looking games that I'll never get to.

Pikmin 4, Oxenfree II, Sea of Stars, and Mina the Hollower are locks.

The rest is pretty unknown, but I'm sure there will be more games.
Add Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Metal Gear to my list.

I'd really like to buy the Super Mario RPG remake, but the game's too fresh in my mind from a replay I did a couple of years ago.

Just a reminder for the folks who were too busy with Fire Emblem Engage and Xenoblade 3 GOTY DLC early in the year, go try out the Octopath II demo. Definitely the best JRPG from Square Enix since the PS2 days.
This is Bravely series erasure. I love both tho. I can't choose between the two series.

I'm so screwed.
  • Pikmin 4
  • Oxenfree 2 Lost Signals
  • Starfield
  • Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Super Mario Bros Wonder
  • Cities Skylines 2
  • WarioWare Move It
Plus I have to rebuy a Series S just to play most of these games.

Last edited:
On july I'm getting Pikmin 4 for sure. Disney's Illusion Island and Double Dragon Gaiden look interesting but I'll wait for reviews. And on august... Sea of Stars and Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. Beyond that, not much honestly.
I will have to add Super Mario Bros Wonder, WarioWare Move It, Super Mario RPG and maybe that sweet looking Star Ocean 2 remake

I'm honestly not sure how I'll manage.

We still don't know when the Suikoden remasters are coming.

Pretty content after the direct, this year is full of non-stop bangers.
  • Pikmin 4
  • Armored Core 6
  • Starfield
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder
  • Cities Skylines
  • WarioWare: Move It!
  • Star Ocean: The Second Story R
Was gonna rebuy a PS5 for Spider-Man 2 and FFXVI but I think I'll just wait for the PC release of FFXVI and wait to pick up a PS5 later down the line.

Last edited:
Didn't add too much from this Direct honestly. Pikmin 4 got moved to a day 1 I think, will definitely be keeping an eye on DQM, and might pick up Star Ocean or Mario RPG in November

Still, have more than enough to keep me busy this year already

Updating my list:

100% all in:
Pikmin 4, Sea of Stars, Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Baten Kaitos physical is paid for as a keepsake to go in the backlog till 2024 probably)
Interested in:
Starfield, Sonic Superstars, Oxenfree 2, WarioWare: Move It!, Super Mario RPG
Backlog I hope to play this year:
At least one of the first six Final Fantasy games (Pixel Remaster edition)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed
The other half of Chained Echoes maybe
Octopath Traveler 2

Direct hasn't changed all that much for me - Super Mario Bros. Wonder joins the buying list, WarioWare and Mario RPG join the Interested list. The Interested list is looking pretty likely to all convert to purchases, though.

Fuuuuck that direct did a lot of damage

Day 1 on both Mario games… now I’m debating Armored Core day 1. Too many games!

I'm still catching up to the first half of the year. Been too busy play TotK. Still have to play Metroid Prime, Jedi Survivor, Like a Dragon Ishin, Fire Emblem Engage.

For 2nd half games for sure playing
Mario Bros Wonder
Mario RPG
Starfield
Dragon's Dogma 2
FFXVI
Starfield
Like a Dragon Gaiden

Maybes
Pikmin 4
Spiderman 2
Persona 3R
Baulders gate 3
I just don't see myself having the time to get to these. This year is nuts for gaming. I'm not complaining LOL. Just wish I had more time.

Updating my list-

Summer:
Ghost trick
Sea of stars
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

Autumn/winter:
R-Type Tactics I/II
The Last Faith
Mina the Hollower
Eiyuden Chronicle
Star Ocean 2
Super Mario Wonder
Silent Hope (this one depends heavily on reviews)

• Pikmin 4
  • Star Ocean SSR
  • Metal Gear Solid Collection Vol. 1
  • Arkham Trilogy

And for the moment I think that's it.

I’ll get Mario Wonder and Mario RPG. Maybe Metal Gear, though I prefer other versions of those games. DQ Monsters is a maybe. Definitely get the Pokémon DLC and anything Zelda related if it comes out. Then I just have a lot of stuff that I skipped so I can catch up on Pixel Remasters, Mario/Rabbids 2, Advance Wars, maybe even Persona if I have time.

-Mario Wonder
-Sonic Superstars
-Sonic Frontiers DLC
-Persona 5 Tatica

That's probably it.

Grrrrr:

Second Half 2023:

• Baten Kaitos Remaster
  • Arkham Trilogy
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Star Ocean 2 Remake
  • Super Mario RPG Remake

I'm fucked.

Ok, now that we have a Direct I’ll update my list:

Definitely:
Trails into Reverie
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Persona 5 Tactica

Maybe:
Pikmin 4
Starfield
The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
Detective Pikachu Returns
WarioWare: Move It!
Super Mario RPG

I know I’ll get at least a couple games on the maybe list, but probably not all of them.

Probably gonna land like this:

July: Pikmin 4, Disney Illusion Island
August: Sea of Stars
September: Fae Farm, Legend of Nayuta
October: AC: Mirage, Super Mario Bros. Wonder
November: Star Ocean 2, Super Mario RPG
December: Dragon Quest Monsters

I try to do max 2 per months unless there's some extraordinary circumstance. I also want Sonic Superstars which should come at some point, we'll see where it lands (might ask for it for Christmas or something)

Only thing I'm adding to my list today is Mario Wonder. SMRPG I might play at some point but I'm not in a huge rush to get to it.

Currently: Pikmin 4, Sea of Stars, TotK & backlog I think. Maybe Cities Skylines 2?

Check back in with me in a week or so
So about that...

TotK
Pikmin 4
Pikmin 1+2
Sea of Stars
Detective Pikachu Returns (Maybe)
Super Mario Bros Wonder
Cities: Skylines II (Maybe? I might just stick with the first game + DLC/mods and move over in a year or two)
Persona 5 Tactica
WarioWare: Move It!
Super Mario RPG
Sonic Superstars (Maybe)
Hades II?
Life By You? (I think this is early access in September, not a full launch)

And I'm sure there's going to be some stuff at the September Direct. #FML #FirstWorldProblem

• Still Gotta get through Zelda.
  • Ghosttrick Detective looks fun
  • Started FF7 Remake on PC
  • Pokemon DLC?
  • I dunno, not like my backlog isn't huge enough :')
Well. That aged well.
  • Mario RPG
  • Star Ocean looks neat
  • Mario Wonder
  • P5 Tactics?
  • Arkham Collection?
  • Might pick up Pikmin 4

Pretty good now, I'm definitely getting a second voucher for Mario bros wonder and Mario rpg. Big interest in warioware, star ocean 2 and batman Arkham collection. Still short on cash though so I might wait for some discount, the 2 mario games definitely day 1.

Nintendo releases are more spread out this year, so not too bad.

July: Pikmin 4
August: Armored Core
September: Sea of Stars/Starfield (Gamepass)
October: Mario Wonder, Detective Pikachu, Spider-Man 2
November: Mario RPG and Wario ware
About a game a month and the vouchers will sure be putting in work for the Nintendo releases.

Pretty overwhelming after that Direct! I think my monthly breakdown is looking something like:

June & July - Finish TotK (if I'm lucky lmao)
August - Pikmin 4
September - Starfield & Pikmin 1 + 2 (and F-Zero GX because it's going to happen via shadowdrop)
October - Super Mario Bros. Wonder & Forza Motorsport
November - Super Mario RPG

(Day 1s)
June: Rain Code Archive
July: Pikmin 4
August: Samba de Amigo: Party Central
September: Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster
October: Super Mario Bros. Wonder
November: WarioWare: Move It, Super Mario RPG
Undated: Pokemon Scarlet & Violet DLC,

Is this still coming out this year?: Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes, Granblue Fantasy: Relink, Metal Slug Tactics

Games that are already out that I plan on buying on sale: Cassette Beats, Pizza Tower, Like a Dragon: Ishin, NARCO, Citizen Sleeper, Chained Echoes, Need for Speed Unbound, Guilty Gear Strive, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe, Digimon Survive, Octopath Traveler 2

Games coming out this year that I'm not buying day 1, but will buy at some point: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PC), Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Sea of Stars, Alan Wake 2, Spider-Man 2, Star Ocean: The Second Story R, Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name, Sonic Superstars, Pepper Grinder, Decapolice

Waiting for more info on, but leaning towards not buying: Goodbye Volcano High, Detective Pikachu Returns, Persona 5 Tactica

Last edited:
June: Final Fantasy XVI

July: Trails into Reverie (PS5 version), Pikmin 4

August: ???

September: maybe Starfield (PC). I have gamepass on PC so I kinda feel like I have to play it.

October: Spider Man 2

November: Persona 5 Tactica (probably the switch version)

December: ???

There are things I'm interested in that might fit into the undecided slots. Rain Code on Switch comes out June 30th I think, but if I play it, it won't be until later. I have also been thinking about getting into the Yakuza series. If I do that, there will be plenty of moments to work on that between August and the end of the year.
Some updates after the direct!
  • October: Silent Hope looks really interesting. I was getting kind of a Hades JRPG vibe from it. It's on my radar for sure. I definitely have to play Mario Wonder sometime, but man, I think I have to give Spider Man 2 priority here.
  • November: Super Mario RPG, and it gets higher priority than Persona 5 Tactica, which I may push back to December
  • December: Possibly Dragon Quest Monsters. The idea is intriguing, but I need to rewatch the trailer and maybe read reviews before committing.
Things are really gonna pick up once I'm able to start FFXVI in a few days. That, Trails into Reverie, and Pikmin 4 will certainly carry me through the end of July. Trails is the type of thing I will drop everything to play, so I may end up chipping away at FFXVI for the rest of June and finish it up sometime in August. September is still a bit of a question mark - I know everyone is hyped for Starfield, but I'm just not feeling it yet. That could change dramatically once I play the game! I'll just have to wait and see.

Batman trilogy unless its digital only
Sonic Superstars
Super Mario Wonder
Super Mario RPG

Probably some smaller 3rd party games slipping my mind right now.

Just Starfield for me...probaly...

I have Zelda, Diablo season and a few other games I have to complete. I do my best to keep my backlog very small so some games in the second half, like Armored Core are not getting as much attention from me as they would have otherwise.

Of things officially announced... just Persona 5 Tactica for the Switch. Maybe I'll talk myself into getting Assassin's Creed Mirage for my Series S, because I usually like getting one game every September/October/November, but I dunno.
Okay, so now after the Direct...

Persona 5 Tactica for the Switch
Assassin's Creed Mirage for the Series S
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Bros Wonder

100% sure
Mario RPG: Love this to death. Other Mario RPGs never interested because of this awesome game.
Spider-man 2 - I liked the first so I'm buying it.

Maybe
Star Ocean: Game is looking great, definitely on my radar. As someone who really dislike anime cel shading aesthetics which a lot of games use nowadays I was really happy with this artstyle.
Super Mario Wonder - It looks better than NSMBU but I will wait for review because NSMB never clicked with me despite always buying them.
FFXVI - I really want to play this but don't feel like playing something big for a while.

So far the day ones are looking like...

Bombrush Cyberfunk (August - Switch and PC)
Starfield (September - Xbox Gamepass PC)
Spiderman 2 (October - PS5)
Sonic Superstars (November? - PC so far)

Other games I'm interested in

Decapolice (Switch)

and I'll STILL be playing Zelda TOTK and Street Fighter 6 lol. Great year of gaming continues!

Add Star Ocean Second Story R on the Switch to this list :)

Back
Top Bottom