• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Harvestella |ST| Oreacle of Seasons

Dtoid review is up, haven't read it in full yet but it's a 7.5/10:

I've completed chapter 4 and crazy how the story suddenly goes full Xenoblade on you. It's good though, enough mystery to unravel and keep me going, though I'm going to take some time to build up the farm and complete sidequests instead of rushing to the next story beat.

Definitely a shock to learn about the full stomach mechanic halfway through an epic double stage boss battle though lol.

This is one of my games of the year BTW. Everything from the artstyle to music and gameplay is wonderful. Don't be sitting on the fence too long folks.

At long last, the game is finished for me. Whew, made it almost through a whole year, and ended up at around 45 hours. While some of it felt a bit excessive, I'm happy that the game allowed me to really settle down.

Overall, I'm so, so happy I gave it a shot, because this game is just so amazing on so many levels. The farming feels very integrated into the dungeon crawling in that you will need to sell and cook crops in order to have weapons and healing items going in, so I don't agree that it feels like a tack-on. I think the two elements works in symbiosis, and creates a wholly unique and engaging gaming experience.

The visuals and audio of the game is sooo good, but my biggest tip of the hat goes to characters, writing, and side quests. The side quests were so fun, and extra cash for completing them felt like icing on the cake, since I could've done most of them just for the stories they tell. But most of all, I loved the "closeness" quests with the characters that makes up the main cast, and I felt a bit extra for best girl Istina.

I also guess a reason it took a while for me to finish was (full game spoilers)

The fact that the endgame felt like 2-3 final dungeons and final bosses stapled on top of each other. Just when you felt that a climax was reached, a new twist comes, and a new dungeon, and a new boss, until it spirals completely into the center of the planet, and saving the world and stuff. While I love that kind of whacky JRPG shenanigans, I did feel a bit of fatigue at times.

This game has been downloaded more time than Splatoon 3 in the EU countries, during November.
maybe it's not a flop (unlike DioField, it seems)

Just finished Chapter 7, and holy shit

harvest-est-l.jpg

Finished the game a few days ago and I absolutely love it. All the systems in the game are relatively simple but good and they all work well together, which make the game accessible and feel good to play. I particularly like the story, both the main and side quest. A shame there doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion around the game, hopefully the game did good enough for Square Enix to greenlight a sequel.

By the way the game is currently 50% off on both the Eshop and Steam.

Finished the game a few days ago and I absolutely love it. All the systems in the game are relatively simple but good and they all work well together, which make the game accessible and feel good to play. I particularly like the story, both the main and side quest. A shame there doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion around the game, hopefully the game did good enough for Square Enix to greenlight a sequel.

By the way the game is currently 50% off on both the Eshop and Steam.

I just picked up this game on sale the other day so it's a good time to get some more discussion going on it if anyone else has played it yet, since I imagine other people will have done similar. Happy to hear that it seems to have a bit of a cult following of people who love it; it's not getting a lot of discussion but the people who do talk about it swear by it.

Still haven't gotten around to finishing this game (2022 and 2023 have not been kind to my backlog) but what I've played of it has been excellent

I just picked up this game on sale the other day so it's a good time to get some more discussion going on it if anyone else has played it yet, since I imagine other people will have done similar. Happy to hear that it seems to have a bit of a cult following of people who love it; it's not getting a lot of discussion but the people who do talk about it swear by it.
Good to hear, I fear the lack of noise might make the sale less effective but hopefully I'm wrong and it's doing good. Hope you enjoy the game.

Still haven't gotten around to finishing this game (2022 and 2023 have not been kind to my backlog) but what I've played of it has been excellent
Understandable, I can safely say it's my favorite game released last year and yet it nearly took me 6 months to finish it :LOL:

Now, this is a bump I approve of!

Hope the sale makes more people give it a shot. I'm sad that in retrospect, it really seemed like it was sent out to die.

The sale did get me to almost pull the trigger but it’s also too close to Zelda, lol, another bad timing. Just no point picking up a long RPG game right now

Noticed the OST is available digitally on Apple Music & Amazon Music and price is quite low, I brought it on Amazon France for 19€98 which is a bargain for an excellent OST with 70 tracks.

Sadly no artbook appear to exist and it doesn't seem there will be one :cry:

Now, this is a bump I approve of!

Hope the sale makes more people give it a shot. I'm sad that in retrospect, it really seemed like it was sent out to die.

I think we should bump this thread whenever a sale is going, I would gladly do it.

Being a new Square Enix IP, I was really hoping for there to be tracks from this game in Theatrhythm, even as a DLC Pack, I'd download it in a heartbeat

Square Enix has launched its summer sale on the eshop and Harvestella is once again at -50%, at least in the west but, somehow, not in Japan. Hopefully it will lead to more people playing this excellent game.

In another new, Yasushi Hasegawa, the character designer of the game, has published a new artwork last month on twitter :

I still hope one day Square Enix will release an artbook.

Square Enix has launched its summer sale on the eshop and Harvestella is once again at -50%, at least in the west but, somehow, not in Japan. Hopefully it will lead to more people playing this excellent game.

In another new, Yasushi Hasegawa, the character designer of the game, has published a new artwork last month on twitter :

I still hope one day Square Enix will release an artbook.

They didn't even release a physical soundtrack yet did they? Really disappointing. It has one of the best soundtracks of 2022.

Soundtrack is available digitally but only in Japan still

Square's been really freaking weird lately about licensing their music outside of Japan. Can't find Octopath II anywhere, Bravely II is Spotify only...

Soundtrack is available digitally but only in Japan still

Square's been really freaking weird lately about licensing their music outside of Japan. Can't find Octopath II anywhere, Bravely II is Spotify only...
Harvestella OST is actually available via iTune and Amazon Music outside of Japan, at least in France it is since I was able to buy it.

Got a copy as part of the amazon prime day deal (along with Tactics Ogre Reborn). Not gonna have time to play it anytime soon but excited to have a copy.

I never looked for Bravely II because the game and music were both disappointing imo, but Octopath II is up yes. Octopath II is too good. I'm still thinking about whether I like Octopath I+II on Switch more than Xenoblade 1,2,3.

Also did they do a guidebook for Harvestella in Japan at least?

Little reminder, the sale end tomorrow, except in Japan where the sale started later and finish on the 2nd august.

Also did they do a guidebook for Harvestella in Japan at least?

Beside the game, it seem the only thing they have released is the digital OST and nothing else.

Celebration for HARVESTELLA 1st anniversary has started in Japan:

Original text:
HARVESTELLA 1st Anniversary
本日、「ハーヴェステラ」は発売から1年を迎えました。日頃よりご愛顧いただき、ありがとうございます。1周年を記念して、11月10日までの1週間、毎日昼12:00にちょっとした設定画を投稿します!
書き下ろしもあるので、お楽しみに!
#HARVESTELLA #ハーヴェステラ

Deepl translation:
HARVESTELLA 1st Anniversary.
Today, Harvestella celebrates one year since its launch. To celebrate our 1st anniversary, we will be posting a small setting every day at 12:00 noon for a week until November 10!
There will be some new writing as well!
#harvestella #harvestella

Given Square Enix lack of communication around the game, I wasn't sure they would do anything for the game birthday so I'm glad Square Enix is doing something.

Also a new illustration made by the character designer for the birthday :

Happy birthday to HARVESTELLA 🎉🎉🎉

Back
Top Bottom