• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Happy MAR10 Day 2024!

VolcanicDynamo

1-Up Boy
Pronouns
He/Him
x2aI3gB_1Ip-QvgF__wg0KMPhUqi683NBqVQO_8NgWLivfdwzD7HzTErIiDoBnbkJa3aKvBPziDZwquN6jIjuO9uioLSibitqUV9g0vfl8gAuOc9Xma2HwzdLfpqjH-HnkzSXXoyoZgM7ENITWM8CVc

In Japan, it’s March 10th! Hey, doesn’t “Mar10” kinda look like “Mario”? Well, after fans took notice, Nintendo did too, and now MAR10 Day is a yearly celebration/marketing opportunity for the plumber in red. At this point, though, MAR10 Day has turned into a longer and longer celebration, so if Nintendo wants to celebrate it early, so can I. I won't let Daylight Savings Time rob me of more Mario!

For the third year in a row, I’ve taken it upon myself to round up all of the announcements and events to share them in one thread. Let’s-a go!

First off, the games! Last week, we had the release of the demo for the upcoming Princess Peach: Showtime!, and the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Open March 2024 Tournament will be happening online today from 12 PM PT - 6 PM PT. Ready to compete for some Gold Points?

Through March 17th (11:59 PM PT), Nintendo is hosting an eShop sale for various Mario titles. The Mario + Rabbids games and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 each have sales of 60%+, while other titles have a more modest $20 off. For more details, you can check out the deals on Nintendo’s official website. There’s also some deals available at retail starting on March 10th, which Nintendo has also detailed on their website. To keep it brief, some Mario games are up to $20 off, and you can get a $25 gift card when you purchase a Nintendo Switch.

AyqAy0--l2mshHNrwreBZCvnk_fG7FViiFV50cAaxT3Cy_-QLBfCTsezf__rA3gJRqQHydk-EZZTB_M-LWgT5Gjmn72W44LvZZ_P3Yinux48_7COdw8aWLK30FJsdv99GvhBCeuiF-6mKr5AYFAXuLs

My Nintendo has a slew of new rewards for Mario fans to sink their teeth into. For physical fans, we have a Mario zip pouch and Mario tech stickers. We also have new profile icons on Nintendo Switch Online - play Super Mario World through April 1st to grab them! If you wanna put your Platinum Coins towards some sweepstakes, why not put some towards potentially winning some Princess Peach clothing from BlackMilk (who has also restocked their Super Mario line) or some new LEGO Super Mario sets?

Speaking of LEGO Super Mario, a few new sets were revealed in a new video! Coming this year, we have the Bowser Express Train Set, King Boo’s Haunted Mansion Set, and Battle with Roy at Peach’s Castle Set. And next year, Mario Kart is coming to LEGO Super Mario!

We have a dedicated discussion thread for these announcements, so feel free to hop over there!

Want to celebrate MAR10 Day with other Mario fans? If you are in the NYC area, you’re in luck - Nintendo NYC is throwing a big Mario bash on MAR10 DAY at 12 PM ET! There’s a poster giveaway, a screening of The Super Mario Bros. Movie, and more!

Of course, like with all celebrations like this, the best part isn’t what the corporation does - it’s what the fans do! From fan work to playing these games we love, that’s what MAR10 Day is really about.

So, got any Mario plans for this weekend? Maybe starting up or replaying a Mario game? Perhaps participating in these events? Either way, have a good time, and Happy MAR10 Day!

Woo! Great OP. I just got that yellow Super Mario bag in the mail! I'm never gonna be able to use it because my kid keeps it within three feet of him at all times! Just as well, I guess. 😂

Was thinking I might play some Bowser's Fury tomorrow.

Playing Super Mario Maker tonight as I’ve been doing for the last month. Those costumes aren’t going to collect themselves!

And trying hard to remember to wish my SO “happy birthday” tomorrow and not “happy Mario day” 😂😅

Oh shit Mario day is tomorrow. Imma drop time in Wonder and Maker 2 😄

I won't let Daylight Savings Time rob me of more Mario!

What a powerful statement!

No real plans for Mario day, I might finally check out that Peach demo though :D

Maybe if I find time tomorrow, I'll load up Mario Maker 2 and play a few levels for old time's sake.

I need to get that new lego set with Roy. I'm so close to having all the koopalings. I also feel like with that set and all the other peach's castle themed ones I can finally actually make a good Peach's castle.

If nothing else, I'll run through super mario bros for Mar10 day.

I'm almost done with the co-op playthrough I've been doing with someone in Mario vs Donkey Kong, so maybe we'll finish that tomorrow

Otherwise, no real plans. Most of the Mario games I would want to replay still feel too fresh (I just replayed SMB3, World, NSMBUD, and Land 2 leading up to Wonder). I've sorta been holding off on replaying any of the 3D games until they finally announce a new one, but I might just load up an old not-100%'d file in Odyssey and collect some moons for a while

Also hey Nintendo, just saying if you feel like dropping some Mario-related GB/GBA roms on NSO that'd be pretty cool. Mario Land, DK '94, SMB Deluxe, Mario Golf/Tennis, heck I'd even be down to spend 20 minutes in Mario Pinball Land right about now

I did another playthrough of Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins today. An excellent game, a bit of an overlooked gem in the Mario catalogue. If you haven't played it, please do! It's on NSO.

Happy Mario Day all!

Recently returned to Odyssey to try to beat that super challenging final level! Been at it for a couple weeks on and off and I'm determined to get there this time.

Hoping to see the rumored LM2 and TTYD date announcements tomorrow.

🤷🏾‍♂️ it's something. Do they do anything for these?

It's finally MAR10 Day where I'm at! That means I gotta pick a game to replay. I've done Super Mario Bros. last year. I could do that again. Or maybe Super Mario World? Decisions...

I hope that everyone has an amazing Mario Day today, whether that's by playing a game, building a Lego set, watching a movie, or, even, just using the day as a rest day! I hope everyone enjoys or, for some, enjoyed the day overall! :)

MAR10 Day 2024 Video (New Announcements)
I'm sure most folks have seen it by now, but...

We got some announcements!

• We're getting a sequel to The Super Mario Bros. Movie, once again co-produced by Illumination and featuring the same directors and artists. It's slated to be released on April 6th, 2026.
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door releases on May 23rd, 2024.
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD comes out June 27th, 2024.
  • Dr. Mario, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis are coming to NSO Game Boy on March 12th, 2024.

I ended up playing the widescreen hack for Super Mario World this year. I went for the Pixel perfect extrawide variant, which increased the available horizontal screen size by 50%! It's an amazing feat of programming, though the extra view might have made the game a bit harder?

smw-extrawide-raw-v110-240310-155810.png

'Celebrated' by playing through Noki Noki Bay and Pianta Village in my current Mario Sunshine playthrough, which is part of me playing every available 3D Mario on Switch this year. Home to the absolute worst shines in the game, but Secret in the Seashell is probably my favourite platforming challenge in Sunshine.

on this blessed mario day I was at a convention earlier today and gazed upon the visage of charles martinet.
I did not have time today to stop by this time but I enjoyed seeing him around, particularly on today of all days.

I celebrated Mar10 day with Mario Kart. Definitely need to replay one of the 3D platformers soon. Been too long.

I personally found it serendipitous and coincidental that Nintendo mascot couldn't have had a better name. The name Mario came from America after the landlord Mario Segale because he was so reclusive they didn't know what he looked like. It just so happens that Mario's name is very suitable for being named after a day.

My point is that it's not everyday that a globally popular mascot has a similar name after the day. It certainly took a while for Nintendo to not only acknowledge it, but to embrace it to its fullest, cumulating to making announcements specifically on this day.

Thank you for reading.

I wound up going to play through SMB in Mario all stars, remembered the game is all goofy with hitting bricks and other minor changes, decided to play Mario's origins in Donkey Kong, then cooled down with NES SMB. All in 30 or so minutes! SMB still feels great (on NES)!

It would not be an exaggeration to say that no other videogame has made an impact on me as the first time I played Mario 64 as a kid, and onwards. I'd even venture the guess that I don't love gaming as a whole as much as I like Mario games and the other games I play are detours while waiting for the next big releases of Mario.

Nonetheless, thank you to Miyamoto and all other collaborators that created and keep nurturing the series with more iterations of these games. It really has been a constant blast across my entire life up to this point.

I'm thinking of (partially) giving up on my holding-off-on-Switch-games-in-anticipation-of-Switch2-patches stance and getting Super Mario Wonder.
So, if I buy the Online UK vouchers (£84 for 2) and take advantage of the temporary bonus gold coins (effectively normally £5.00 off), I suppose I'd effectively pay £37.60 (42-4.20). Tempting.
Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom