• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion LEGO Mario Day 2024 Video and Announcements

Lego: Mario Kart Set!
Me "hell yeah!"
Lego "2025!"

XyhsBQ3.gif

The train is the highlight of this vid to me. Hot damn.

It and Bowser's airship are the coolest ones of the whole series.

Bowser's Train is the highlight here. Also neat to see Lego Roy.

Interested to see how they pull off Mario Kart next year.

"No one is buying Lego Mario."
"Here, have some more extra sets in the most successful ever licensed Lego theme!"
"The series is totally dead, they should drop it and focus on more adult sets with less play features and more collector appeal."
"Here, a bunch of more complex sets that expand the playable elements of the series!"
"Lego Mario is a disaster and as a gamer it personally
offends me"

"MARIO KART SETS NEXT YEAR BAYBEEEE!!"

Very hyped for this.

Hoping Lego Mario Kart just looks like the vehicles but in Lego, I will not care if it turns out really blocky like the rest of Lego Mario.

Also I hope this will be used to Trojan Horse in some Lego sets for things they wouldn't normally do. Gimme the Wario Car, Wario Bike and the Blue Falcon.

Very...strange presentation aside, these are some pretty neat LEGO sets! As most people mentioned, the highlight is the Bowser Express, which feels playable for the LEGO Super Mario format and is also a neat set in and of itself. An additional Haunted Mansion and the final Koopaling making it to LEGO form are also nice, though!

LEGO Mario Kart is potentially really exciting, but the 2025 release means we'll just have to wait and see...
Yeah but are they really "complete" when Wendy's locked inside a set where I don't want any of the other elements?
Ask and you shall receive...

Yeah but are they really "complete" when Wendy's locked inside a set where I don't want any of the other elements?

If it gives you hope, Larry was like that for a long time too, until he was in a later air ship set. I wouldn't be surprised if Wendy makes it into a traditional set later. Maybe in this next wave even.

I like that via LEGO we can assume Mario Kart X and Ocarina of Time Remake are coming to Switch 2 in 2025.

This thing is gonna have a banger launch year.

Yeah, why would you want a regular size minifigure for Wario? He needs to be proportionately sized.
Well, he can't ride the chopper I'm gonna build for him if he's not a regular sized figure lol

Tbh, it's been a while since Lego released a set with a Bigfig. Overwatch in 2019 I believe? I think they retired it after that.

Back
Top Bottom