• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Granblue Fantasy: Relink Prerelease Discussion thread

Is this the PlatinumGames one?
PG was either dropped from the project or they left (some speculate sometime after finishing their work). I don't think the situation is entirely clear.

Playable means it's actually coming out right? RIGHT? Jokes aside the game is probably close to done (?)

Last edited:
PG was either dropped from the project or they left (some speculate sometime after finishing their work). I don't think the situation is entirely clear.

Playable means it's actually coming out right? RIGHT? Jokes aside the game is probably close to done (?)
They were dropped from the project in 2019 and development moved entirely in-house, though I believe we never fully got the reason why.

And yes, it's slated to come out on PS4, PS5 and PC in 2023 (with some suspecting the game will get a port to the Switch's successor down the line).

I wonder given the jrpg/rpg deluge of next year, will this game become the "Oh that game came out this year?" or be the SH2 of 2023. I hope there is a demo (there was I believe for an event) because, unfair as it is to compare old and new footage, it sorta looks more heavy now even when comparing it to something like Arise.

Reminder for the Granblue Fantasy FES this weekend.

They just have to give us a release date this time. It's long overdue.

New trailer.

That looks great. Top 5 most anticipated games of the year for me. Still just 2023 release window.

Lmao can't believe they still don't have a release date.

That said the game looks stunning, great animation work, fluid combat. Arguably the best looking anime styled RPG ever made. Are we in for another damsel in distress story though ;p

New trailer looks HAWT but man I want a release date already. Hoping it's "really" coming out in 2023 at least.

Incredible looking. Do we know if this is self published worldwide?
If it's know, I haven't heard about it. Versus was published by Xseed in the west. Who knows if Cygames trusts them again with their next game.

If it's know, I haven't heard about it. Versus was published by Xseed in the west. Who knows if Cygames trusts them again with their next game.
After this (thread)

I don't think Marvelous/Xseed would work with Cygames. Cygames did self publish Little Noah on PC and consoles, but it seems to have come and gone with barely any attention (I played it on Switch).

This game looks awesome still. When it gets a more solid release date I’ll start building some proper hype.

After this (thread)

I don't think Marvelous/Xseed would work with Cygames. Cygames did self publish Little Noah on PC and consoles, but it seems to have come and gone with barely any attention (I played it on Switch).

Little Noah did fairly well for itself in Japan at least

As for whether or not the release date will be announced soon, Fukuhara (the director of Granblue Fantasy) only said 'more info to come in August'

IIRC, if Granblue_En is not physically at the venue, they tend to do translations of these livestreams while they're going on. If you're not into reading a pile of tweets, over at the subreddit, there's usually a thread for each major livestream and the user Coppelion tends to compile a summary.

Worldwide media tour in August and stream in September.

1691236750082.png

Last edited:
Keeping this thread updated. Keighley gave us a release date. 2024 now, but it's fine. Just that it actually comes out is a miracle at this point.

1692731954236.png

Edit: Collector's edition.

1692732660453.png

Last edited:
Granblue_en got to interview Fukuhara; this does cover both Versus:Rising and Relink.

...huh, that's right, Relink's release date is a little over a month before the 10th anniversary of the source game. A bit of a funny timing that. Alright, you know how these gacha games have anniversary/birthday celebrations of a week or longer? Granblue likes to not only have a lengthy birthday celebration, but also a countdown to birthday celebration. That usually covers a pretty fair chunk of February.
Hmm, Versus was also around this time of year. Ok, maybe they just like releasing these spinoffs as an excuse to throw up a campaign in the source game preceding the countdown to birthday campaign.

My hype is through the roof for this game and I am going to pre-order it (when it's up over here in EU).
The last game I pre-ordered was Pokemon HeartGold well over a decade ago.

I recently started the original Granblue Fantasy mobile/browser game. to get an idea about the universe.
The absolutely fantastic event stories "Marionette Stars" and "Unbound Asterism" had me hooked for days, so much that I stopped playing the main story for a while.
If Relink's writing is even half as good as the story in those events -and I am fairly certain, it is- it's going to be a blast.

Also, is anyone else surprised that the game costs $59.99, despite its large scale and long/troublesome development?
You would expect something along the lines of 70 plus DLC these days.

I played it yesterday, memtioned briefly in the RPG thread but gonna post a little more later since i'm travelling back Home right now

Does anyone know how the game will play ? I have some big doubts from the official steam page that mostly says that
"You choose a mission in offline solo or online multiplayer and go do this mission".

I don't want this, like at all.
I really hope I'm wrong and misread but I'd rather have a Xeno-like than a "Choose a mission and go to that zone".

Does anyone know how the game will play ? I have some big doubts from the official steam page that mostly says that
"You choose a mission in offline solo or online multiplayer and go do this mission".

I really hope I'm wrong and misread but I'd rather have a Xeno-like than a "Choose a mission and go to that zone".
you didn't misread. you chose a mission and then load into a zone. that said, the zones can be large according to previewers. but how large and explorable it'll ultimately be will be a question

Yep, the more I read about how it actually plays the less interested I got. Personally I think it's shaping up to be a pretty sharp disappointment.

picking missions and getting loaded into the relevant area sounds good to me

better than running around for ages to get anywhere

Granblue Fes 2023

Granblue Fes 2023 News:

A playable demo of Relink is coming to PS4 and PS5 consoles in January!

Learn the ropes through the tutorial mode, play a slice of the main story, and embark on multiplayer quests online—all for free!

Granblue Fes 2023 News:

Tune in to Granblue Showcase: Part 2 – Relink on Jan 11! We'll be diving into more details of the game before its release, so don't miss it!

Back
Top Bottom