• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic GoldenEye 007 |ST| No Oddjob, Slappers Only, License To Kill

with a couple remapping tweaks and in game menu adjustments this game plays about as modern as it can get on switch.
It's particularly wild to play this in widescreen
I think I'll attempt a 00 runthrough this time around

Goldeneye is my favourite FPS of all time. I should mention that it’s also the genre I suck the most at. It’s a genre I’ve never really taken to overall but there was something about Goldeneye I loved from the beginning.

In terms of sucking at the game, I was only ever able to finish the game on Agent back on release. Last night I tried the Facility on 00 Agent and kept dying in the corridor with a lab on either side. Do they turn off auto aim at this difficulty level? Swear I was missing way more shots than usual. I also struggle not getting hit since it takes me so long to line up shots.

Goldeneye is my favourite FPS of all time. I should mention that it’s also the genre I suck the most at. It’s a genre I’ve never really taken to overall but there was something about Goldeneye I loved from the beginning.

In terms of sucking at the game, I was only ever able to finish the game on Agent back on release. Last night I tried the Facility on 00 Agent and kept dying in the corridor with a lab on either side. Do they turn off auto aim at this difficulty level? Swear I was missing way more shots than usual. I also struggle not getting hit since it takes me so long to line up shots.

Yes, auto aim is minimal in this mode.

This guy cleared the game at 00 Agent without damage:

Omg I can’t remember how to open the door in the first level to get the truck moving! I’ve pressed every button to interact with the stupid green button. What am I doing wrong?? Please help me😭

At 7:30: I have played Goldeneye endless times and have never looked up at this point. That there are even glass bottles.
New to me too. I wonder if it's possible to blow up people starting in the shaft in mp through there.

Look at 3:20, it don't even use auto aim, Switch version, with N64 controller, and plays at Agent 00 like it's nothing.

wait that actually makes me think auto-aim and/or lock-head are making things MORE DIFFICULT with today's aiming. gotta try it with those turned off.

I did the whole controller profile for this game alone and it works although I find it way harder with the Pro controller than with the Xbox controller.

LZ0ID9Y.png

🥲 finally

This is an interesting angle, blaming Barbara Broccoli for much of the delay in porting GoldenEye:

yea I'm gonna need a lot of sources and references for all these claims made about motivations and plans and all of that.

For one, Yamauchi stepped down in 2002, even left the board a year before the Wii even launched. Claiming he had any sort of active influence on what happens with Goldeneye and Virtual Console specifically given that timeline needs a lot of solid backing up. This video feels like a narrative pulled out of thin air as it stands.

Why does it say requires gamepass ultimate or live gold to play on console? That's just for online play right, or is the single player stuff locked out without that?
For the Rare Replay version? That’s weird. There is no online multiplayer for the Xbox version, with or without Gold/Gamepass.

Why does it say requires gamepass ultimate or live gold to play on console? That's just for online play right, or is the single player stuff locked out without that?

I’m assuming that’s just in regards to some of the games on there that has online multiplayer, which would be Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero, Jetpac Refuelled, and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. All of which can still be played without those services, just not the online multiplayer component.

Back
Top Bottom