• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

Still thinking, after the Xenoblade announcement, that the most "strange" (or curious) move from Nintendo this year is Metroid Prime Remastered.

If they don't have many games for H2 2023, MPR would have been a good game to fill the last months of the year. Insted, they released it with a shadowdrop and I can't still figure why.
And if they needed a game to shadowdrop to fill february, there was Advance Wars.

I'm almost sure that we will hear about Metroid Prime 4 very soon, and... who knows, maybe launch title for the next console.

Metroid Prime Remaster releasing this year makes sense. It suggests that Prime 4 is coming within 12 months. Nintendo was sitting on this game since 2021, so I think they were waiting for a proper time.

Try definitive edition if it goes on sale. It could hook you.
Has it ever been on sale? The game is eligible for the $100 eShop voucher

Eh I don't think he knows anything really (at the moment anyway). He's probably just out here using "patterns" and logic for his speculation like most people here.

"Nintendo's next-generation consoles will have Zelda, Mario, and Splatoon at launch, but if a new Zelda game is coming out now, I'll talk to wholesalers and manufacturers about when the next-generation consoles will be released."

There is no chance Zelda and Splatoon are new games. They must be repackaged or they mean that will be patched for next gen console. Or the Zelda is actually another Zelda remake using the Awakening DX engine or the WW/TP HD Remasters. Maybe the Pokemon game is the rumored patch for S/V or Let’s Go Johto, Legends Johto, Unova remake using the BDSP engine or Legends Unova.

Hey Famiboard Family! This is Mike Odyssey,

No more leaks or rumors from me.

I don't like this label I am getting lately as a leaker/insider rumor source. With all honesty I just want to make content that makes people happy. Those who have followed me for a while know this to be true. I don't shy away from my disability and I work hard to inspire others.So I've decided that every unreleased information I get from now on, I will either delete or forward to my closest Youtube friends in the field. Im not interested in being the first with news. I am interested in making people happy, that is all. You guys have one less lunatic to worry about when it comes to leaks lol I just want to make content. Hope you can check out my vids sometime. You might like what I have to offer. Take care everyone!

Still thinking, after the Xenoblade announcement, that the most "strange" (or curious) move from Nintendo this year is Metroid Prime Remastered.

If they don't have many games for H2 2023, MPR would have been a good game to fill the last months of the year. Insted, they released it with a shadowdrop and I can't still figure why.
And if they needed a game to shadowdrop to fill february, there was Advance Wars.

I'm almost sure that we will hear about Metroid Prime 4 very soon, and... who knows, maybe launch title for the next console.
It could also mean that, they have a packed year and they are releasing things now as there’s not much space otherwise for their releases :p

runs away

I don't like this label I am getting lately as a leaker/insider rumor source. With all honesty I just want to make content that makes people happy. Those who have followed me for a while know this to be true. I don't shy away from my disability and I work hard to inspire others.So I've decided that every unreleased information I get from now on, I will either delete or forward to my closest Youtube friends in the field. Im not interested in being the first with news. I am interested in making people happy, that is all. You guys have one less lunatic to worry about when it comes to leaks lol I just want to make content. Hope you can check out my vids sometime. You might like what I have to offer. Take care everyone!
I appreciate you talking about this. I have been somewhat vocal about my distrust for the leak content you've shared but I really respect this decision. Though I think it's perfectly fine if you do have a big scoop to report on it first as long as it's been vetted carefully.

I remember you...

What is that week of the 12th thing?
I make a video stating there would be an announcement/event from April 12 to the 14th, within that timeframe. before the trailer was announced on the 12th and released on the 13th. To be honest I don't want to be considered a leaker/rumor/insider person. I just want to make content that inspires people. I can honestly care less about being first with news when I have a disability that is leaving me blind lol I just released a post on here stating that I was no longer sharing info in this manner. Only official news, and rumors yes, but only the ones already out there.

I appreciate you talking about this. I have been somewhat vocal about my distrust for the leak content you've shared but I really respect this decision. Though I think it's perfectly fine if you do have a big scoop to report on it first as long as it's been vetted carefully.
Thanks! Im just not used to this type of attention and pressure. I shared this second info because the source was right about the 12th announcement, but in all honesty I don't mind or care for being first. My first battle is my disability. Im loosing my sight so Im dealing with that which is a lot in itself. Im good with keeping the hard work, growing and hopefully leaving a positive influence on the gaming community.

Yo Mike! I gotta say man you might be taking the reaction from a small minority a bit too seriously. It's video games we're talking about here! Always remember that no matter what you do you're gonna get haters. Forget the haters!

Bro, if you got a source that is feeding you consistent true information you'd be a fool not to utilize it. I think as long as you frame it right and use vetted sources (such as this one getting something right in the past) then USE THAT! Build your channel! A gift falls in your lap, don't pass it on to someone else just because a few are jelly!

They kinda haven't. We've never known this little about Nintendo's upcoming titles since the Switch launched.
I don't think we've known this little about Nintendo's upcoming titles ever, or at least since the NES/Famicom days. When Switch was announced there were still a couple of Wii U games left, and quite a few 3DS games on the roadmap. Even on previous occasions where Nintendo had quiet periods between generations, there was always a steady stream of handheld titles being announced. It's possible there were times during the NES/Famicom's life when there were similarly few games announced, but that would be very difficult to verify (we don't even know exactly when Super Mario Bros was released on the NES).

However, I don't think we can make definitive conclusions from this. We can't say "well, last time Nintendo only had three games on their roadmap they did X", because they've never only had three games on their roadmap before. Personally I think it's plausible that they haven't announced their in-development titles because most of them are being developed for a new generation console, either exclusively or as cross-gen titles, and they don't want to announce them before they announce the new hardware. If we were to assume a relatively short announcement to release of the new generation (say six months or less), and that all Switch titles released after the launch of the new hardware are cross-gen, then we would be in a similar situation we are in now, as there simply wouldn't be more than a couple of exclusive Switch titles left to announce.

Of course, that's not the only plausible explanation. Another possibility is that, as of February, Nintendo simply didn't know when [redacted] would be announced or released, and even what titles would appear as cross-gen releases, vs being released on Switch and later receiving a patch. It's also possible that Nintendo have simply decided that they're going to adopt very short announcement to release cycles for all future games. Personally I would find that a strange choice when hardware sales are falling and people are starting to question how long Nintendo will continue to support the Switch, but it's not impossible. Maybe Furukawa really likes to live on the edge, and we're going to get nothing but Metroid Prime Remastered style shadow drops from this point forward.

I don't think we've known this little about Nintendo's upcoming titles ever, or at least since the NES/Famicom days. When Switch was announced there were still a couple of Wii U games left, and quite a few 3DS games on the roadmap. Even on previous occasions where Nintendo had quiet periods between generations, there was always a steady stream of handheld titles being announced. It's possible there were times during the NES/Famicom's life when there were similarly few games announced, but that would be very difficult to verify (we don't even know exactly when Super Mario Bros was released on the NES).

However, I don't think we can make definitive conclusions from this. We can't say "well, last time Nintendo only had three games on their roadmap they did X", because they've never only had three games on their roadmap before. Personally I think it's plausible that they haven't announced their in-development titles because most of them are being developed for a new generation console, either exclusively or as cross-gen titles, and they don't want to announce them before they announce the new hardware. If we were to assume a relatively short announcement to release of the new generation (say six months or less), and that all Switch titles released after the launch of the new hardware are cross-gen, then we would be in a similar situation we are in now, as there simply wouldn't be more than a couple of exclusive Switch titles left to announce.

Of course, that's not the only plausible explanation. Another possibility is that, as of February, Nintendo simply didn't know when [redacted] would be announced or released, and even what titles would appear as cross-gen releases, vs being released on Switch and later receiving a patch. It's also possible that Nintendo have simply decided that they're going to adopt very short announcement to release cycles for all future games. Personally I would find that a strange choice when hardware sales are falling and people are starting to question how long Nintendo will continue to support the Switch, but it's not impossible. Maybe Furukawa really likes to live on the edge, and we're going to get nothing but Metroid Prime Remastered style shadow drops from this point forward.
The greater the risk. The greater the reward.

Do we even know either way? All we've heard regarding DK has been from rumors.
2D game - Kyoto hiring (October 2019)
3D game - Tokyo hiring (October 2019)
2D game - Tokyo hiring (August 2020)

When you consider that 2D Mario is done in Kyoto, 3D Mario in Tokyo and 2D project in Tokyo also. EPD Tokyo is working on 2 projects, 3D and 2D, Mario has to be a 3D at this point since they are not doing 2D Mario games and 3D Mario will likely be launch title for new console, so 2D game is something else, rumors say it's the DK which makes sense, not to mention that some staff even worked on DK Jungle Beat in 2004.

Theory - Nintendo hasn’t announced 2H software because that requires Marketing. Leaks come when the product touches the marketing phase. So it’s something so big, they want to keep a tight lid before officially revealing. Maybe it really is successor software. Exclusive and cross gen

I am OK to fall on the sword for this one. Didn't expect that to happen. Perhaps it was just low player counts.
It's a bit concerning were starting to see live service games shut down. Granted this is the same dev behind Rogue Company. Both are shutting down in June.

Last edited:
Theory - Nintendo hasn’t announced 2H software because that requires Marketing. Leaks come when the product touches the marketing phase. So it’s something so big, they want to keep a tight lid before officially revealing. Maybe it really is successor software. Exclusive and cross gen
In general it’s not just theory, it’s largely known that marketing is the biggest source of leaks. The DF video about Switch using Tegra followed a marketing event.

The Zygna leak was an aberration and not the norm.

Just for the sake of clarity and because now I have to be sceptical to the end. 🤣

Xenoblade 3's DLC drop and the lack of Nintendo announcements (H2 2023) only mean there should be a very interesting June Direct, because Drake or no Drake, Nintendo's upcoming titles will also be released 99% on Switch.

I don't think there will be any exclusives.

Then of course we can assume a scenario like:
-This is Drake
-This is Mario xyz which on Switch will look like this and on Drake like this....

etc etc.

Or C: they have a packed year, and it’s too many titles this and next that they are simply giving as many titles as much attention as possible. :p

January: Dire Emblem Engage
February: Netroid Lrime
March: Bayo origins(????? Major????????)
April: Mario Movie (and advance wars I guess….)
May: nothing of note move along
June: idk
July: Pokimin 4

Or C: they have a packed year, and it’s too many titles this and next that they are simply giving as many titles as much attention as possible. :p

Oh no, the year cannot end with July! I'd be turning 40 way to soon that way.

It’d be funny if all this saga ended on a scheduling hiccup from Nintendo lol

tbh i'd be happy with not getting the successor this year/beginning of next year if the software lineup is absolutely stacked

also runs away
Yeah I think delaying it to late 2026 is a good idea in all honesty, there’s enough to carry the switch for 3 years or so.

runs off the continent

2D game - Kyoto hiring (October 2019)
3D game - Tokyo hiring (October 2019)
2D game - Tokyo hiring (August 2020)

When you consider that 2D Mario is done in Kyoto, 3D Mario in Tokyo and 2D project in Tokyo also. EPD Tokyo is working on 2 projects, 3D and 2D, Mario has to be a 3D at this point since they are not doing 2D Mario games and 3D Mario will likely be launch title for new console, so 2D game is something else, rumors say it's the DK which makes sense, not to mention that some staff even worked on DK Jungle Beat in 2004.
I'm not 100% convinced, but I'll take your word for it.

I'm not 100% convinced, but I'll take your word for it.
I mean, hirings say it all. As much as I would love 3D DK from EPD Tokyo, 3D Mario is essentially their main job, much like EPD3's main job is to develop 3D Zelda. People are setting themselves for a disappointment if they expect them to work on 3D Mario, 3D DK and 2D game at the same time.

I have a feeling that Switch 4K might be the name or something along those lines.

Super Switch would be a great callback to the SNES if they decide on that.

Switch Pro wouldn't surprise me though.

But something tells me they won't put anything before the Switch name. We have Switch, Switch Lite, and Switch OLED so far for the Switch family of devices, and even though this will be a generational leap from the Switch current hardware I don't think they treat it that much differently aside from marketing as the upgrade they want people moving towards.
I think they might call it something like Switch NXT. It plays off of the codename of the original for those in the know and makes it clear to a broader audience that it is the NEXT console from Nintendo. It practically markets itself.

I think they might call it something like Switch NXT. It plays off of the codename of the original for those in the know and makes it clear to a broader audience that it is the NEXT console from Nintendo. It practically markets itself.
WWE looks at this idea with side eye.

Between what @Thraktor shared about Nintendo release schedule history and the September Nintendo Live 2023 event, I really do think something with new hardware is going down later this year.

Also, I don’t care what people say, I think the Nintendo Live event is a hint that something special is coming.

Just because they are doing an event open to everyone doesn’t mean that it’s going to be swarmed by journalists and media. Why? Because they could do a huge media event like they did with the Switch announcement and blowout they did in NYC in 2017. Nintendo Live could mostly still focus on old hardware and games and have a section dedicated to the new hardware.

Plus, maybe they don’t have new hardware out for people to touch, but they could run trailers for the new hardware on repeat over and over. Because most people going to a Nintendo event like this probably already own a Switch 1. So, this would be a good time to hype them on the upcoming next generation Nintendo hardware.

It just seems like more than a coincidence that they would bring Nintendo Live to the states for the first time the same year they skip E3 live, have hardly anything new planned/announced for this year, and so many rumors/leaks are pointing to new hardware in the next 12 months.

So, maybe the Nintendo Live is just a basic event to highlight old stuff, but I think whether it’s there to promote a bunch of new stuff or not, still points to Nintendo getting ready to launch new hardware.

All I’m saying is I think we can through Nintendo Live 2023 on the pile of evidence, even if we don’t know exactly what it means.

Between what @Thraktor shared about Nintendo release schedule history and the September Nintendo Live 2023 event, I really do think something with new hardware is going down later this year.

Also, I don’t care what people say, I think the Nintendo Live event is a hint that something special is coming.

Just because they are doing an event open to everyone doesn’t mean that it’s going to be swarmed by journalists and media. Why? Because they could do a huge media event like they did with the Switch announcement and blowout they did in NYC in 2017. Nintendo Live could mostly still focus on old hardware and games and have a section dedicated to the new hardware.

Plus, maybe they don’t have new hardware out for people to touch, but they could run trailers for the new hardware on repeat over and over. Because most people going to a Nintendo event like this probably already own a Switch 1. So, this would be a good time to hype them on the upcoming next generation Nintendo hardware.

It just seems like more than a coincidence that they would bring Nintendo Live to the states for the first time the same year they skip E3 live, have hardly anything new planned/announced for this year, and so many rumors/leaks are pointing to new hardware in the next 12 months.

So, maybe the Nintendo Live is just a basic event to highlight old stuff, but I think whether it’s there to promote a bunch of new stuff or not, still points to Nintendo getting ready to launch new hardware.

All I’m saying is I think we can through Nintendo Live 2023 on the pile of evidence, even if we don’t know exactly what it means.
It’s 2023, and we have experienced the COVID era. (E3 also died because of this)
They don’t need a live event to promote the new hardware.

Or they'll use some overly fancy name that doesn't fully and clearly convey it's a successor, like "Switch Ultra" or "Switch Elite".
On the one hand, I agree with you that it sounds ambiguous right now, but on the other hand... Ultra, Elite, Deluxe, seem exactly like Super, and since it actually happened and we all lived through it, it feels totally natural.

It’s 2023, and we have experienced the COVID era. (E3 also died because of this)
They don’t need a live event to promote the new hardware.
Maybe not, but I’m pretty sure Nintendo would still do a live event for press and media to check out any new hardware they are launching.

It might not be for press, but why is Nintendo literally doing a live in-person event (it’s right there in the name Nintendo Live) if they don’t see a point in this post-Covid world.

The fact they are doing a fun live event for fans tells me they most definitely will do future live events for press when it comes to getting their hands on new hardware.

buncle.jpg

Ha ha, I'm oblivious to wrestling so I was unaware of the connection. Maybe something like NeXT I instead?
Apple looks at you with side eye.

Though I generally agree. Switch Next, Super Switch, Switch Advanced, ect are all names I think would work if they go that direction.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom