• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

I know all of that.

All I'm saying is that these don't need to be tied to each other. They could just inform developers what are the inputs available. E.g. [touchscreen, railed-in-joycons] vs [split joy cons] vs [pro controller, single joycon] vs etc.

If touchscreen is available then they get input from the touchscreen, if it's unavailable then stop listening inputs. Why should it matter if it's docked or not for this? In a more practical example, montion controls DO work in handheld as long as you connect a controller compatible with it.

All I'm doing is questioning if they're really tying multiple things to a "docked" vs "undocked" state or if people are just assuming so. And if it's the case, as a software developer, I believe this was shortsighted of them.
Motion controls work in handheld mode?

My brother in Christ handheld mode has the BEST motion controls of any control figuration, since both Joy-Con and the console all have gyrometers. Handheld mode ALWAYS has motion controls, no matter what controllers are connected; even when controllers without them, such as the Hori SplitPad Pro, are attached, because the console itself has them built in.

Their first exclusive for next gen hardware is gonna be purdy.
And the first next gen Pokemon game on Drake will look like xb3 in 1080p...
Oh those games are coming to Switch 100% imo be it separately digital for $40 a pop or a $60 physical double pack. They’ll be at the next Direct and launch probably sometime in November. Easy $$$ in the holiday window before BotW.
I didn't even read the second part of your sentence.

Yeah, there's no way in hell Nintendo will sell two Wii u Zelda games as a double pack $60. Why do that when they can sell for $60 a piece? Especially with most of the previous Wii u games were sold at $60... not to mention SS HD at $60 . That's far more likely to happen then double pack for $60.

A cut price Remaster aimed at the holiday market won’t cannibalise BotW 2 sales lol. As you wrote, Zelda is almost a yearly franchise at this point for Nintendo between main line, remakes, spin offs and remasters.
spin offs aren't going to affect the main line games. There has been at least 2 years between mainline games, and that's mostly from remasters filling in those gaps.

Out of curiosity, how come you hide these? There doesn’t seem anything sensitive worth hiding in this.
I think this fad started during the "factory uncle" hidden post "leaks" where a few people just started using hidden posts to troll/throw off anyone who was reading these but weren't registered.

And now it's one poster's entire gimmick. sigh

Last edited:
I spoke about it elsewhere, but I think this is pertaining to developer tools, with development and maintenance. But they are allowing for people with 0-3 years of experience so I’d assume these are more mature devtools and it’s to prevent a scenario like MS had which was immature tools (but a mature console) at the launch and we saw how that went.

The maintenance part is what sticks out to me.

Oof, no thanks. For an entry level position? Wowza.
It's one thing if you have to drive back and forth some places, but up to 10% is nothing.. And the posting mentioned a passport.. Paid travel is an awesome experience..Especially in an entry level position.

Last edited:
It's one thing if you have to drive back and forth some places, but up to 10% is notning.. And the posting mentioned a passport.. Paid travel is an awesome experience..Especially in an entry level position.
Paid travel... to some middling hotel so you can work out of an unfamiliar office staffed with people you've never met 5-10 times a year -- that's absolute torture if you ask me. Add to that the fact that you're doing grunt work and getting paid nothing in salary.

Paid travel... to some middling hotel so you can work out of an unfamiliar office staffed with people you've never met 5-10 times a year -- that's absolute torture if you ask me. Add to that the fact that you're doing grunt work and getting paid nothing in salary.
So you've traveled for work?

I enjoyed it. Was a great experience. The work itself was okay/varies, but being compensated for the travel, lodge and food made up for most if not all the lows. I also took the time to explore around too, which was also fun. Even though I didn't always enjoy the work, in the end I appreciated it. And I learned something from it. Working and adapting with different cultures and different people. Especially if it's in another country. I worked abroad in Japan (as well as another state, months earlier for the same position) for a few weeks and it was fascinating. This was for an entry level position.

Anyone that has the opportunity to travel for work (flying to another state/country), I'd tell them to give it a shot. It's a good experience. It's very rare that entry positions have this.

Last edited:
I’ve followed this thread a while and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone talk about it yet, but with BOTW2, assuming it’s going to be enhanced on Drake, can it be 4k60? I mean, it uses the same assets as the first game, so no poly increases or texture res bumps. Can the processing savings from that be applied to res and fps bumps? I’m using Skyward sword HD as a guide on this. It was a Wii game that went from 480p30 to 1080p60. BOTW2 is basically a WiiU game played on next gen Drake. I see future games built ground up for Drake being either 4K or 60fps, but with old games remastered for Drake, can’t we have both?

Just listening to the Kit and Krysta episode and they are mocking us, reading things into privating of videos, trademark renewals stuff like that Haha.

Of course they are absolutely right.
They worked at Nintendo, that is all Nintendo does: laugh at their fans trying to find clues anywhere. They have ‘Nintendo DNA’

I’m a fan of them in Nintendo Minute but their new podcast adventure it’s a bit meh. They’re relying on click bait titles and screens, they can’t really say much about the main things it’d be interesting in following them (internal knowledge), and they usually make some bad takes… I don’t see the point to be honest, but probably they thought it was the best/easiest thing they could do after leaving.

I will drop here a thought I had yesterday. Xenoblade 3 was meant to be released on September, so it has sense to think that if drake is going to release this year, due to the launch proximity and scope of the game, xeno 3 should have any kind of improvement to use the specs of the new machine to look even better. If there is a Nintendo game which could make good use of drake this year, it is xenoblade for sure.

That said, given that a special configuration should be needed to make use of the DLSS, could that kind of information be datamined when the game will launch? If so, it would have sense for Nintendo to announce the console as soon as possible.

I truly believe that the console will launch this year, mostly because BotW2 was gonna launch also this year, and you can delay a game, but delay a console is a whole new story, we have seen that with PS5/Series.

We don't know enough about BotW2 to call it "basically a WiiU game".
Wouldn’t it be the same as Majora’s Mask was to Ocarina of Time? Reusing assets in a new environment? But maybe you’re right, since it’s been in development for X years so I guess anything is possible.

Wouldn’t it be the same as Majora’s Mask was to Ocarina of Time? Reusing assets in a new environment? But maybe you’re right, since it’s been in development for X years so I guess anything is possible.
If you want to draw that comparison, Majora's Mask needed the N64 Expansion Pak, and had more detail and on-screen characters in comparison to Ocarina. There wasn't even a single pre-rendered backdrop.

But it's not good comparison anyway. Majora was made as a side story with the constraints of a single year from the beginning of its development. BotW2 is a full-fledged sequel spun from DLC ideas.

I've repeated this a lot on here, but asset and map reuse tells us nothing about the scope of new assets being created and the technical scope of the game (it can have a 1:2 ratio of old:new). They may choose to push the limitations of the Switch with new environments and effects, and with mechanics like wall-phasing. This thread has already discussed how the Switch surpasses the Wii U's capabilities. So that's why I have a problem with the statement 'basically a Wii U game'. It's a separate question from if Drake could run it at 4K/60.

The new model is gonna be called the Nintendo Switch W, just you wait!
Nintendo Switch Dub Edition

products-dub-edition-85404981.jpg

Depends on Nintendo approach to Retro and if they will make Prime 5 (or a non mainline Prime) for Drake re-using Prime 4 assets. A smaller game could also make it to being a Drake exclusive

Weebs gonna wait for the Drake Lite, aka Nintendo Switch Sub Edition

Water resistant at depths down to five meters, so you can play Endless Ocean HD the way it was meant to be experienced!

You're going to need some scrap titanium, 3 peices of coral, and cave sulfur to upgrade the depth to play Subnautica.

Just listening to the Kit and Krysta episode and they are mocking us, reading things into privating of videos, trademark renewals stuff like that Haha.

Please tell me they mentioned Famiboards by name lol

Ouch.

I mean it sounds like they follow this stuff too! Curious how they know so much about what we investigate…

You don’t know that esp the hints drop by previewers about 3 so far. 3 could very well be the biggest game MonolithSoft has ever done.

Bigger than X???? Ain't that game like 400km², as in, 10x Skyrim???

If 3 has a map size anywhere near that it'll be already waaaayyyy bigger than 1 and 2 I think.

I’ve followed this thread a while and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone talk about it yet, but with BOTW2, assuming it’s going to be enhanced on Drake, can it be 4k60? I mean, it uses the same assets as the first game, so no poly increases or texture res bumps. Can the processing savings from that be applied to res and fps bumps? I’m using Skyward sword HD as a guide on this. It was a Wii game that went from 480p30 to 1080p60. BOTW2 is basically a WiiU game played on next gen Drake. I see future games built ground up for Drake being either 4K or 60fps, but with old games remastered for Drake, can’t we have both?
I think you could make this argument for BotW 1, but I'm pretty sure BotW2 is nowhere near a Wii U game... I think we gotta see how it actually looks and plays on the current Switch before.

Now, Metroid Prime Remastered, I'm sure that one's gonna be like 900p or 1080p60 on current Switch and 4K60 on next.

I'm assuming BotW 2 might be dynamic 800-900p30 on current Switch and 4K30 on next, maybe with a 1080p60 mode.

Let them laugh. Even if it does seem like the discussion about the release is hot air, but we still have some information to discuss even if that information was acquired from dirty means or that it might be considered premature or unfair to recent adopters of the platform which I think a lot of us are considerate about. All the same seeing Nintendo and NVidia refreshes their Tegra board with a more current, more efficient 64-bit ARM multicore CPU does make me a bit more hopeful about the viability and user experience of the platform's future and thank goodness it's using something that leaves more to the imagination than Tegra X2. Of course I also expect a good looking Mario game (and additional legacy IPs getting updates) to be made for it.

I do think Kit and Krysta may have a leg to stand on as I'm sure they also have their own insider ring of information despite no longer working with Nintendo anymore but unlike most people they already have a enough of a public presence and have little to gain like leakers and wannabe leakers that I always suspected were driven by clout, like Pokémon leakers or Smash leakers that worked on the game or were working with the ESRB. Kit and Krysta don't need to resort to such methods even with the knowledge of the system because they know how to stay professional enough not to damage their current standing. So I might not agree with their scoffing but I will respect their reasons for it.

Bigger than X???? Ain't that game like 400km², as in, 10x Skyrim???

If 3 has a map size anywhere near that it'll be already waaaayyyy bigger than 1 and 2 I think.
Map size isn’t the only thing that makes a game big, map size wise X will be their biggest game until they make a sequel of it

From the parts we saw alone we could see it's bigger and more ambitious (map size/areas) than the original.
There's a very good video on the E3 2019 teaser of graphics tech used that wasn't on the original. I'm pretty sure that it'll have bigger poly counts and more particles and things on screen.
It is reusing the engine and world map, and assets, but not in the same way MM did. Think of it this way: Breath of the Wild was done in the same engine as Wind Waker HD.

I don’t get the impression he is talking about map size, specifically.

Map size isn’t the only thing that makes a game big, map size wise X will be their biggest game until they make a sequel of it
Oh, definitely. I just got a bit confused lol.
I'm sure 3 is their biggest and most ambitious game, map size aside. I'm anxious to play it. But i think I'll have to rent DE and 2 before...

I will drop here a thought I had yesterday. Xenoblade 3 was meant to be released on September, so it has sense to think that if drake is going to release this year, due to the launch proximity and scope of the game, xeno 3 should have any kind of improvement to use the specs of the new machine to look even better. If there is a Nintendo game which could make good use of drake this year, it is xenoblade for sure.

That said, given that a special configuration should be needed to make use of the DLSS, could that kind of information be datamined when the game will launch? If so, it would have sense for Nintendo to announce the console as soon as possible.

I truly believe that the console will launch this year, mostly because BotW2 was gonna launch also this year, and you can delay a game, but delay a console is a whole new story, we have seen that with PS5/Series.
If a game is released with Drake support, there will probably be some visible signs of that which could be found by a dataminer. However, I don't expect Nintendo would be careless enough to release a game like that before announcing the hardware.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom