• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

Eh, doesn’t really matter since the PS5 is a colosal success, despite its lacklustre exclusives and cross gen period.

We’re now reaching a point where brand recognition is more than enough to sell a console.
Brand Recogniction…or a pandemic with lockdowns, a worldwide chip shortage in all market segments, a crypto hype and the current ai hype making PC-Gaming so much more expensive. I have friends who bought their first console ever in this generation after being a PC-Gamer for decades.

At present the most no crisis is Valve's business model, they are very ahead of the PC game community and open source engine promotion will create a large number of dependent on the PC port of the game, including a large number of small and medium-sized games, as well as independent games, they do not need to do their own hardware only need to steam's servers and the interface of the UI iterative upgrading will be able to make the whole studio over a very comfortable, the game of winter and they can be said to be unrelated.

Nintendo's way of dealing with the cold winter of the gaming industry has been successful hardware and a constant output of small and medium sized projects to keep the platform alive as well as profitable while simultaneously developing large projects.But it also still has huge pitfalls, and if they screw up again like they did with the wiiu, they will face the abyss of doom.

We’re now reaching a point where brand recognition is more than enough to sell a console.
No console is ever going to sell as much as the PS5 (and even the Switch) is currently doing on brand recognition alone... This is a poor way to downplay a console's success, beyond poor even. They're simply attractive products with healthy ecosystems and games to play, you can ask the Wii U if the brand helped it one bit over everything else that failed.

Last edited:
I think it will do very well and people will buy new consoles for it, just not convinced the choice is the PS5 pro.

Not to mention anything that runs on PS5 Pro must also run on PS5, at least in terms of content.

So the only real advantage of PS5 Pro are the same people in the PC Crowd who are spending a thousand dollars for a GPU. They want the best in graphical fidelity, and that is much smaller base of folks who will want that.

In fairness, we do not know how much the PS5 Pro will cost. Could cost 600 dollars, 700, or 800 even though the latter I think would only happen if it’s much more powerful than anticipated.

Neither the CPU nor GPU are especially well positioned. The CPU has to deal with emulation, because PC gaming hasn't really meaningfully adopted ARM yet, while the GPU is both a heavily mobile oriented architecture with most likely very mobile quality (read: bad) drivers. I don't know how things might have changed for this new chip, but the Windows GPU drivers for my older Qualcomm laptop are quite dire, even lacking basic OpenGL and Vulkan support.

These ARM laptops are probably going to be pretty trash for gaming until one with a Nvidia or AMD GPU materializes.

Nvidia to Microsoft: "We have this very enticing chip called Tegra, maybe you've heard of it. How would you like this for your Surface devices?"

I don't think it's much of an elephant in the room because the PS5 Pro isn't a general market appealing sort of product. It's for the same consumer base that buys Sony's premium accessories for the PS5. If there's someone out there willing to sink $199.99 on a Wii U tablet ish controller to supplement their gaming sessions, then there's the possibility that they're also willing to purchase a mid gen powered up machine.

Also, Sony has PS4 Pro data they can utilize to forecast potential PS5 Pro sales, so if the console is entering the market, it's gonna enter in a comfortable position.

I'm going to bring this up because it hasn't been brought up before, but using the PS4 Pro sales forecast to project what PS5 Pro will sell I don't think will work this time. Reason? Many Sony 1st Party titles are also now on PC, when at the time of PS4 Pro, this wasn't the case. The Pro is clearly aimed at power users, like the One X, and PS4 Pro before it, but Xbox has just about every game on PC nowadays, and Sony has been dipping their toes into PC as well. If users want more power, they might be better off buying those games on PC, negating any benefit of having the PS5 Pro existing.

That said, Consoles as I mentioned yesterday, do still provide a few benefits over PC, such as actual "pick-up-and-play," which the closest we've gotten right now is the Steam Deck. So for users who want more power, but do not want the potential headaches of PC, the PS5 Pro makes some bit of sense.

Just looking at the leaked specs though, still the same CPU from the sounds of it (Zen 2), but 60 CUs according to DF puts it at RX 7800XT level (though this hasn't been confirmed). If it's RX 7800XT-spec in terms of GPU, that alone you can buy right now for ~$500 depending on which brand you go with. Add in the existing CPU for the whole APU package (probably costs a pretty penny), all the existing stuff that can be carried over from OG PS5, but create a newly engineered cooling solution (more liquid metal I'm sure), 1-2TBs of storage is likely as well.

Altogether, I wouldn't be surprised if this costs at least $600-700 dollars.

Nvidia to Microsoft: "We have this very enticing chip called Tegra, maybe you've heard of it. How would you like this for your Surface devices?"
Much better than a handheld. Not to say it is a bad a idea but damn, Xbox feels cursed. If you think about it, a handheld can't really save them now. I know a lot of people want it but, think about it.
  1. Best backward compatibility or library preservation out of the three.
  2. Have both accessible and premium hardware
  3. 18 first party studios
  4. Gamepass for a vast libraryof games.
  5. Offer a vast multimedia services.
  6. Superior browser.
Xbox did everything right, have a superior machine and a cheaper alternative. Yet the most powerful console is being outsold by ⅔ of its cheaper alternative and 5 times less than its competitor. A handheld will not save them.

Granted, they had a good show...but idk we have to wait and see when these games come out.

Last edited:
Much better than a handheld. Not to say it is a bad a idea but damn, Xbox feels cursed. If you think about it, a handheld can't really save them now. I know a lot of people want it but, think about it.
  6. Superior browser.
Xbox did everything right, have a superior machine and a cheaper alternative. Yet the most powerful console is being outsold by ⅔ of its cheaper alternative and 5 times less than its competitor. A handheld will not save them.

Granted, they had a good show...but idk we have to wait and see when these games come out.
goes to show you can do everything right, but if you don't have a steady flow of games, people don't have a reason to pick up your system. they had a great show, but it was needed years ago, not in 2024 after they whipped up Project Latitude

6. Superior browser.
Xbox did everything right, have a super machine and a cheaper alternative. Yet the most powerful console is being outsold ⅔ of its cheap alternative and 5 times less than its competitor. A handheld will not save them.

The issue Microsoft has with Xbox is really quite simple: It's Microsoft.

They're trying to keep up with Windows, and make gaming still the only place for PC Gaming, but then they have this lovely device called Xbox, which can also play all your games. Microsoft would be in a position to create a bespoke, Gaming-centric version of Windows without any of the bloat included. It would be a stripped down version of Windows Home with less footprint, and more efficient in running games. You can still install any Windows program you want, but it's meant for Gamers.

Microsoft could then leverage all that for a "Windows for Gamers" OS that runs on a brand new Xbox, but has a compatibility layer, so your Xbox titles can still run on it (would be a ton of work, I know). They have Gamepass, and Xbox Cloud, so why not use that to your advantage? Hell, provide enough of a service, and you just MIGHT provide some competition with Valve, and Steam.

I fully expect Valve to dip their toes again with Steam Machines, but with an OS that is actually good this time around (might not be until SteamOS 4.0 at this rate though), and actual backing with their hardware. The Steam Deck is the Steam Machine Valve should've built. Hell, if Steam Machines come back, and they pack some serious power, it might be a reason for me to give up on a conventional Gaming PC entirely.

I can see GTA VI pushing sales of PS5s and XBOX series generally , but that won't be enough to change the trajectory, and i don't think Sony is either as they alreadyt said PS5 is in decline.

The Pro is there to sell a few million units every year at a higher price point.
What trajectory? is not in decline is sells about same as ps4 in same timeframe

How exactly is it being timed with GTA VI when by all rumors it's launching this Fall/Winter and GTA VI is slated to be out next year and that's if there's no delays...I don't think 2026 is out of the question for it. There's a lot of rumors the new XBox will launch possibly in 2026, that lines up a lot more timing wise.

You can't bring up the PS4 Pro's sales and be like OH THAT'S ALL I NEED and like that that's somehow relevant on the PS5 Pro's potential....there's soooo many differing factors from then until now. Economy, games, PS4 Pro actually being an upgrade, etc.
Fall 2025 was make official by T2, most likely September-October 2025, it will push consoles sales hard beacuse people will literally buy console for it,back to gaming and make upgrades

Sony told us they don't have much in the pipeline for 2024-2025, maybe they'll have something next year, but right now, if its launching this year it will coast on 'power' alone, and there's only so many people who will buy one for that, especially at the expected higher prices.

To me, it feels like this Pro model is just an excuse to set a higher price.
Sony don’t said that they don’t have much for pipeline for 2024-2025, they said that they don’t have much for this fiscal year, insiders talk and they official announced that 2025-2026 will be very big for ps brand and ps studios

The rumors are of a 4x RT performance bump, which would be inline with what Nvidia is doing. Again, let's ignore any rumored raster improvement, we're talking about a machine in the 3060 class of hardware. That's truly amazing.
is not rumor, is from official leaked documentation of ps5 pro

With Series X hitting €650 this year, I think €699 is low. I expect €749.99, a straight €200 increase on the current PS5, with no option for a seperate disk drive.
Is special limited edition of series x with 2tb so not normal, ps5 pro will have 1tb disk, im not expect price higher than 599 euroe, ps5 price will also drop, tom henderson said they want price as competitive as possible

Last edited:
We could open a topic about the ps5 pro and avoid talking about it here... so those who aren't interested can focus only on Switch 2.

entire pages off-topic
Speaking of this, I hope the shareholders' meeting the day after tomorrow can disclose some information to avoid drifting off topic due to lack of new updates.

What year of tech is T239 supposed to be?
Since it's an custom chip, whatever year it releases in ;-)

More seriously, there isn't a single year that tells you how old the tech for a chip like this is. But the "generation" that matters most for performance is the node, and that's not yet known.

Sony don’t said that they don’t have much for pipeline for 2024-2025, they said that they don’t have much for this fiscal year, insiders talk and they official announced that 2025-2026 will be very big for ps brand and ps studios
The fiscal year is Apr 2024 to Mar 2025

The issue Microsoft has with Xbox is really quite simple: It's Microsoft.

They're trying to keep up with Windows, and make gaming still the only place for PC Gaming, but then they have this lovely device called Xbox, which can also play all your games. Microsoft would be in a position to create a bespoke, Gaming-centric version of Windows without any of the bloat included. It would be a stripped down version of Windows Home with less footprint, and more efficient in running games. You can still install any Windows program you want, but it's meant for Gamers.

Microsoft could then leverage all that for a "Windows for Gamers" OS that runs on a brand new Xbox, but has a compatibility layer, so your Xbox titles can still run on it (would be a ton of work, I know). They have Gamepass, and Xbox Cloud, so why not use that to your advantage? Hell, provide enough of a service, and you just MIGHT provide some competition with Valve, and Steam.

I fully expect Valve to dip their toes again with Steam Machines, but with an OS that is actually good this time around (might not be until SteamOS 4.0 at this rate though), and actual backing with their hardware. The Steam Deck is the Steam Machine Valve should've built. Hell, if Steam Machines come back, and they pack some serious power, it might be a reason for me to give up on a conventional Gaming PC entirely.
Unironically Valve should make a Steam Machine and sell it at a loss. Sell one at $US699 and give it Strix Halo with 32GB RAM and a USB 4x2 (80gbps) port for eGPUs and VR

It will be advertised as the best console/platform for the most anticipated game in the history of GTA VI, so yes
Most of GTA V Customers are Ultra Casuals Teenagers who don't care about resolution that much , moreover , GTA VI will be the main game for Rockstar for the next 10 years and it will stay with this Generation for 2 years before moving to the next one , the game will be supported for the entire next gen lifetime "6-7 years" with much better Version, i think most of the sales will come from PS6 , XBOX NEXT Systems as well as Steam and Mabe Switch2 .

Last edited:
It's just crazy that Qualcomm is still this bad about these sorts of deals after so long. Windows on ARM is basically getting Zeebo-ed. The exclusivity deal can't end soon enough.

No console is ever going to sell as much as the PS5 (and even the Switch) is currently doing on brand recognition alone... This is a poor way to downplay a console's success, beyond poor even. They're simply attractive products with healthy ecosystems and games to play, you can ask the Wii U if the brand helped it one bit over everything else that failed.
I think that Sony unlike Nintendo is basically totally secure. Nintendo consoles can alternate between bombs and great successes, while Playstation is just the default brand for consoles by this point and lives through third party support anyway, so even if Sony mismanaged their own studios basically it would not lead to any sort of downfall for Playstation because most buyers buy it for FIFA, CoD, Assassin's creed, GTA, Madden, as well as stuff like Honkai.

Nintendo on the other hand will always live or die by stuff like their own first party output and if people enjoy the concept or gimmicks behind the Nintendo console. There is a difference in strategy behind being a third party machine like Playstation and by selling on exclusive games like Nintendo usually does. For Sony it gives them the leeway to have mediocre output of their own and then fall back on massive support from their third party partners, while the pressure will always be enormous on Nintendo to deliver exclusive games to make it worthwhile to buy Nintendo hardware.

6. Superior browser.

Out of these, the only ones that really count (for most people, I'd say) are 3 and 4. And the 18 first-party studios have delivered very little in 4 years of the Xbox Series. Granted, Sony's first-party studios have also delivered very little, but PS4 was a very robust system and the AAAA titles that Sony delivered were ones that sold PlayStations.

Xbox needed games, and it doesn't have games. Game Pass is amazing for people like me who missed out on the previous gen and can play a TON of old games for like 100€ a year, but the big guns aren't releasing as often as they were at the beginning, and we go back to point 3. Microsoft's offerings on GamePass haven't been -except for Forza Horizon and maybe the launch of Halo: Infinite- system sellers.

TL; DR. Microsoft hasn't done everything right. It's done a few things right, but it's missing what makes a console sell the most: having the best games, and offering something substantially better than its competitors. Especially when your competitor is the PS5.

Last edited:
  6. Superior browser.

People online always deny it but i think day and date PC releases probably leads to a pretty hard cap of Xbox potential console customer base. Basically buying an Xbox only makes sense if you love gamepass and prefer to play on console rather than PC, a pretty niche audience to target, otherwise why get an Xbox instead of just buying all their stuff on steam day 1 or PC gamepass instead? Sure the reason they went into PC day and date releases in the first place was because of Xbox software sales declining, but i think PC day and date releases makes a great comeback like Nintendo did with the Switch from the Wii U basically impossible for Xbox, because the hard cap on console sales will be there permanently as long as all their games come out on PC day 1. And surely Microsoft realize that PC day and date releases is impossible to combine with a healthy, growing console, its just that they do not care about their console future any longer, they have other long term plans.

I don't disagree with you about brand recognition and that being able to carry the weight but I'm not convinced Sony can keep relying on that...this year feels a bit different and it feels like people are starting to finally get fed up with their silence, not showing much, and there not being a lot on the PS5.

Like I think Sony and PlayStation are totally fine right now don't get me wrong...it's more of the effect of I don't think they can just continue to coast on "hey we're PlayStation" and think that's ok.

I think that Sony unlike Nintendo is basically totally secure.
Considering one is still heavily involved in the AAA mega tech spectacle sinking ship and the other really isn't, I think you might have it backwards.

Nintendo to me is the only company and publisher right now in this current landscape that feels 100% safe and secure.

It's just crazy that Qualcomm is still this bad about these sorts of deals after so long. Windows on ARM is basically getting Zeebo-ed. The exclusivity deal can't end soon enough.

To be fair, Qualcomm makes good chips, and has good chip designs. Their Snapdragon line of SoC, while still behind the likes of Apple typically, are still competitive in their own right. And the new X Elite chip is the best competitor to Apple's own ARM-based silicon, at least in the general consumer space.

At that point, the software is what’s holding Qualcomm back, but at least in Microsoft's case, they've been making strides with their own translation layer that appears nearly as good as what Apple did for Rosetta 2, though I do think Apple did it better, at least for now.

I think Tegra, outside of the automotive sector, could also provide a very compelling option for those who may want something other than Qualcomm. Same reason why someone may prefer AMD over an Intel, and vice versa. Same also holds true in the GPU side of things with now three choices, Team Green, Team Red, and now Team Blue. Though, that is all x86-64, so not reslly apples to apples.

Look forward to see what AMD, and Intel can do with Arm, probably putting more pressure on Qualcomm, but also Apple. After Apple came out swinging with the M1 line of chips, the improvements since then haven’t been as drastic as it was from their latest Intel chips to their first M1. Though it should be pointed out that their laptops were thermally throttled to oblivion with the last Intel-based MacBooks, which made their M1 also seem more impressive, so there's that.

I think it’s not a question of if, but when ARM, let alone RISC-V become more commonplace, especially in the regular laptop, and desktop sector.

Considering one is still heavily involved in the AAA mega tech spectacle sinking ship and the other really isn't, I think you might have it backwards.

Nintendo to me is the only company and publisher right now in this current landscape that feels 100% safe and secure.
My judgement is just by comparing the low effort it takes for Sony to have a console to be a commercial hit to the incredible hard job Nintends needs to do to succeed. Basically Sony can just wait on Madden, Fifa, CoD, Assassin's Creed, GTA to come out and they are good to go, even if their first party exclusives are non existant. Being a third party machine has its benefits. I think a Nintendo console with the first party output the PS5 has had would be 100 % a total bomb in sales for comparison.

Most of GTA V Customers are Ultra Casuals Teenagers who don't care about resolution that much , moreover , GTA VI will be the main game for Rockstar for the next 10 years and it will stay with this Generation for 2 years before moving to the next one , the game will be supported for the entire next gen lifetime "6-7 years" with much better Version, i think most of the sales will come from PS6 , XBOX NEXT Systems as well as Steam and Mabe Switch2 .
Most of GTA fans and players are from very hardcor players to very casual players, thats why GTA VI is the most anticipated game of all the time and whole gaming world and not only is waiting for that, it will be the biggest premiere in history of this industry, about gen10, ps6 is late 2028, next xbox is late 2026 at least thats what rumors talk

At the end of the day, people just want to play games and it's precisely because Nintendo is first-and-foremost a gaming company, that they have "cheaper" and lower-end hardware that's less complex, and they primarily focus on games that are consciously not huge cinematic AAA games with astronomical budgets and huge development times, that there's a steady supply of games. Everyone thought 2024 was a slow year (and I'd be happy if it was because the backlog has become ridiculous), but putting aside the indie titles and first party games released (including new titles like Princess Peach: Showtime! or the Another Code remake), the Direct showed there's even way more coming up. We just got a remake of Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, and it's going to follow up with Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Monkey Ball, the Ace Attorney Investigation games (including the 2nd one which never came to the West), a new 2D Zelda game in September, Metroid Prime 4 in 2025 , the Dragon Quest remakes and Romancing SaGa, and the new Pokemon are coming in 2025...

The Switch should be heavily ramping down support in preparation for the successor. Instead, the train is chugging along with titles stretching till next year!

Everyone has their own specific tastes but there's something for everything. There's variety and a huge breadth in volume. A huge part of this is precisely because Switch is less expensive and less complex.

At the end of the day, people just want to play games and it's precisely because Nintendo is first-and-foremost a gaming company, that they have "cheaper" and lower-end hardware that's less complex, and they primarily focus on games that are consciously not huge cinematic AAA games with astronomical budgets and huge development times, that there's a steady supply of games. Everyone thought 2024 was a slow year (and I'd be happy if it was because the backlog has become ridiculous), but putting aside the indie titles and first party games released (including new titles like Princess Peach: Showtime! or the Another Code remake), the Direct showed there's even way more coming up. We just got a remake of Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, and it's going to follow up with Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Monkey Ball, the Ace Attorney Investigation games (including the 2nd one which never came to the West), a new 2D Zelda game in September, Metroid Prime 4 in 2025 , the Dragon Quest remakes and Romancing SaGa, and the new Pokemon are coming in 2025...

The Switch should be heavily ramping down support in preparation for the successor. Instead, the train is chugging along with titles stretching till next year!

Everyone has their own specific tastes but there's something for everything. There's variety and a huge breadth in volume. A huge part of this is precisely because Switch is less expensive and less complex.

This isn't true, Nintendo doesn't have a less complex hardware, they're the pioneer in hybrid systems now.

And 2024 is a slow year indeed with a focus on handheld titles instead (welcomed)

Switch is more complex than PS5 as they have to deal with this aging SoC, 3rd parties are struggling to port recent games to Switch, this alone makes it a complex system to put games on.

goes to show you can do everything right, but if you don't have a steady flow of games, people don't have a reason to pick up your system. they had a great show, but it was needed years ago, not in 2024 after they whipped up Project Latitude
Exactly, I think they are at a point of no return now.

Sure the reason they went into PC day and date releases in the first place was because of Xbox software sales declining,
I think another thing is that Xbox is part of Microsoft. Software company first and foremost. This was always bound to happen.
Out of these, the only ones that really count (for most people, I'd say) are 3 and 4. And the 18 first-party studios have delivered very little in 4 years of the Xbox Series. Granted, Sony's first-party studios have also delivered very little, but PS4 was a very robust system and the AAAA titles that Sony delivered were ones that sold PlayStations.
I think 1 and 2 counts very much. Some people don't want to spend 500 dollars on a system and they want to get something to play. Which, ideally, should have been a winner...but... nope!
So how about that switch 2 eh?
It sounds kinda sexy with that DLSS

OH bAYBee
881.jpg

Hmmm, I guess you can overlap the whales group also with an age group, such as people from their mid-twenties to fourty (just broadly speaking), because they're primarily the people who've gone through the PS3 to PS4 generation and have some platform investment (as that was primarily the generation where online games were an important pillar).
Especially when you consider their latest first party "all-age-group" game is going to be; Astro bot, which had a large gap between their last one -> SackBoy & Ratchet and clank, where the latter is really building up on the franchise history rather than to appeal to new players. The broad all-age-group market really isn't the core considering their upcoming titles and respective age ratings. It's mostly Young-adults and up.

Sure but it doesn't matter if the whales are a core group in terms of volume or not, They are a core group in terms of profit. Which is oldpucks larger point.

Sony has released PS5 Portal, PSVR2, and soon PS5 Pro as hardware that is a pure profit play for Sony as they aren't subsidizing any of the hardware for those products. So while PSVR2 may not have set the world on fire, its 2M in unit sales could be worth a fair amount to Sony's bottom line. I would cite a more specific number, but I cannot locate a BOM.

If Sony can replicate the 20% upsell they had with PS4 Pro for PS5 users and make $50 in profit per console they would recognize $600M in profit (60M PS5 *.2 *50).

Of course, there are risks if you bifurcate your market (see Sega CD and 32X), but last gens pro models seemed well received and most games ran well enough on the original hardware even towards the end of the PS4/XboxOne generation.

Unironically Valve should make a Steam Machine and sell it at a loss. Sell one at $US699 and give it Strix Halo with 32GB RAM and a USB 4x2 (80gbps) port for eGPUs and VR

AMD Strix Halo would be a very unusual APU from AMD if the rumors are to be believed, especially since typically their APUs, outside of the console space aren't particularly exciting in terms of performance. They're normally for typical consumers who just want a decent laptop experience, but nothing groundbreaking in terms of a powerhouse. Strix Halo would change all that, though Strix Point also appears to follow a similar realm.

Not to mention Tom's Hardware reported that Customs data (We do love Customs data on Fami!) has shown it's being tested with up to 128GB of ram, suggesting it might be stress testing it to see how it all fairs.

Assuming this chip actually exists, which again, customs data shows that it does exist, and is as powerful as the rumors suggest, I suspect this chip is meant for a client like Valve, or any other power user.

Please, close this topic... everything here is about everything except Switch 2! 😖
It doesn't say Switch 2 in the topic title, you know. We talk about technology, while speculating about how Nintendo might use it in the future - In Switch 2, or 3, or in new games.

The Xbox sales discussion has probably gotten out of hand, but as long as folks are talking game tech, then it's on topic. If you think the thread should be closed, you can talk to moderators.

I've been thinking would a fridge system work on Switch 2?

Allow people to store digital on MicroSD but xfer into internal memory. Would this significantly impact the longevity of the internal memory especially if its also being written to by the OS and game saves

I feel like the next Switch will still include a microSD slot

Once the Switch 2 releases, we can talk about the Switch 3...

if not... We can always discuss about how ports and first party games are running on the Switch 2.

i don't get the appeal of a ps5 pro, do the games on ps5 not look and run well enough?? the base ps5 hasn't received a single price cut, in fact in another region it received a price increase, the typical ps slim model that came out for the ps5 was the exact same price, with the digital slim version receiving a 50 dollar price bump as a matter of fact, so what would the market be for a ps5 pro? super hardcore enthusiasts who are willing to pay upwards of 600 dollars?? because i know the last time sony charged 600 it didn't go too well
Well, thanks to Ps5, all my friends that were kind of Sony fanboys are now PC owners that costs 3 to 5 times more than a Ps5. They think the graphics on Ps5 are not good enough if compare to PC. For them, that generation start too outdated if compared what a good PCs can do right now.

And all of them buy and play games on their Steam Decks.

When it comes to graphics we know that the most power obsessed gamers are all us old 30+ years old gamers, while gen Z seems to care less about graphics than millenials in every metric. Millenial obsession about ultra power AAA gaming seems to be almost fully rejected by gen Z gamers.

Once the Switch 2 releases, we can talk about the Switch 3...

if not... We can always discuss about how ports and first party games are running on the Switch 2.
I'm most looking forward to how switch 1 games gets patched

There's a whole slate of service games that will likely run concurrently on both platforms and comparing performance and enhancements would be super interesting

I've been thinking would a fridge system work on Switch 2?

Allow people to store digital on MicroSD but xfer into internal memory. Would this significantly impact the longevity of the internal memory especially if its also being written to by the OS and game saves
Fridge system could work, but yeah, you'd really run ragged on the internal storage if you used it a lot.

I feel like the next Switch will still include a microSD slot
next switch 90% certain has a MicroSD Express slot, which is backwards compatible with MicroSD cards.

Well, thanks to Ps5, all my friends that were kind of Sony fanboys are now PC owners that costs 3 to 5 times more than a Ps5. They think the graphics on Ps5 are not good enough if compare to PC. For them, that generation start too outdated if compared what a good PCs can do right now.

And all of them buy and play games on their Steam Decks.
It's true, I'm no longer going to turn on the ps5 until MHWilds and DS2 come out next year (if MHWilds doesn't make it to switch2), the ps5 is pretty much irrelevant when you have a high end pc on hand and it just so happens that I own a high end pc and I rarely play games on the ps5 anymore.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom