• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

honestly good point, with how good switch 1 is selling as well as how devs still working on it, why would switch 2 be this year or even next year?
not to mention there are still other unreleased games like Prime 4, FE4 remake & WWTP collection

Not sure a 4th & 5th straight year of negative growth for hardware sales would be seen as "good" by anyone. Every time I read that it's still "selling well" they always add "considering it's in uncharted territory™"
".

The main reason I asked my question was because Necro said retailers would prepare preorders. Seemed early to have preorders for a system coming in September.

Also, I’m sure if it’s a full blown presentation Nate or some other insider will find out by the end of this month.
Could they avoid having the console out of stock at launch by opening pre-orders early? That could be benefinitial because they would have a direct reference of how many people will be picking it up day one and then order the manufacturing of X+(X/2) to avoid what I mentioned earlier.

About preorders and stock… I was thinking, could be feasible an “early access launch” to selected users? They did a similar thing for the New 3DS launch here in Europe, they could soft launch the console on summer to most active switch owners through the MyNintendo Store and then make the “true” launch on September. In this way they could avoid scalpers and they won’t split the revenue with reseller for a good amount of stock.

Next gen only games will probably be released on the “true” launch but they can drop next gen patch for switch 1 games early.

About preorders and stock… I was thinking, could be feasible an “early access launch” to selected users? They did a similar thing for the New 3DS launch here in Europe, they could soft launch the console on summer to most active switch owners through the MyNintendo Store and then make the “true” launch on September. In this way they could avoid scalpers and they won’t split the revenue with reseller for a good amount of stock.

Next gen only games will probably be released on the “true” launch but they can drop next gen patch for switch 1 games early.
It seems like a good idea until the media comes out with a "Nintendo is gatekeeping the Switch 2 and this is why you should be angry" barrage of articles.

"Switch 2 might cost $450, but you must order it through a $200 Switch Lite and a $50 a year Expansion-Pak subscription. Nintendo wants you to pay $700 for right to play early."

Could they avoid having the console out of stock at launch by opening pre-orders early? That could be benefinitial because they would have a direct reference of how many people will be picking it up day one and then order the manufacturing of X+(X/2) to avoid what I mentioned earlier.
This, all of this, wholly, this. I mean seriously, this!

That said if it does the wacky crazy thing and reveals itself in March for a May release, that wouldn't indicate pre-orders are early, but if it's revealed in March for a late-Summer through Autumn release, then this makes sense.

Either way, I do expect to see pre-orders go live by the end of March. (Which, even if they can't launch for many months from, it can secure purchases from people putting their tax return, Confirmation money, or Golden Week gift aside so they can get something bigger later.)

Right, fair enough. They might need to have something even more massive than Skyrim, since Skyrim still had the excuse of being a gen 7 game. Some major PS5/XSX game would be necessary. GTA6 is definitely a great candidate for that as @Herb Alpert said, but R* are rather weird with platforms so it's difficult to predict it. Alternatives would be MH Wilds, Starfield, or Elden Ring I think (or a number of those at the same time 😃 ).
Well there's one game that we can't mention but I think that's a very likelihood.

However, speaking of games I think we will get some redemption ports. Games that perform bad on the switch, but would run fine or well on the Switch 2.
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • WWE 2K series
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Pokemon SV (patch?)
Hmmm... that's it for now. I can't think pf top many bad ports on the Switch.

"Switch 2 might cost $450, but you must order it through a $200 Switch Lite and a $50 a year Expansion-Pak subscription. Nintendo wants you to pay $700 for right to play early."

Nah, they could simply prioritize:

• Switch 1 early adopter
  • NSO + expansion pack users
  • Users with most spending on the eshop

However, I don’t know how worked in other regions but here in Italy if you wanted to order a ps5 in 2020/21/22 you HAD TO BUY 100-200€ of accessories 😅

Nah, they could simply prioritize:

• Switch 1 early adopter
  • NSO + expansion pack users
  • Users with most spending on the eshop

However, I don’t know how worked in other regions but here in Italy if you wanted to order a ps5 in 2020/21/22 you HAD TO BUY 100-200€ of accessories 😅
Doing it on eshop spend is reasonable enough. It all but guarantees that they go to people who will end up buying more games on eshop. NSO spend would be included in that.

How have in-store pre-orders worked historically? If they have a presentation in the morning and they announce pre-orders are available "later today" can you go into a store later that day and put into an order or is it the day after?

How have in-store pre-orders worked historically? If they have a presentation in the morning and they announce pre-orders are available "later today" can you go into a store later that day and put into an order or is it the day after?
They typically announce it. Switch's big presentation was on a Thursday night in the US at Midnight EST and preorders were available at GameStop when they opened the next morning.

If I am remembering correctly, places don't start with preorders until there's a release date and a release price announced.

Last edited:
Well there's one game that we can't mention but I think that's a very likelihood.

However, speaking of games I think we will get some redemption ports. Games that perform bad on the switch, but would run fine or well on the Switch 2.
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • WWE 2K series
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Pokemon SV (patch?)
Patch for Danganronpa V3, the worst Switch port I have played, or bust.

So I made a topic on gamefaqs about the retroid pocket 4 and how it something you can get for 200 bucks and the specs look like this:
71be30ba.jpg

The bolded words are the Pro version.

I have heard about that game. What makes it so bad?

Some parts are first person view, and while this is a vita game, these parts struggle on switch even if they are beyond ugly graphically speaking.
Also the end of the game is a total mess performance wise, for no reason.

They spent zero time on optimization.

Last edited:
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • WWE 2K series
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Pokemon SV (patch?)
How about all the cloud games on switch like kingdom hearts and resident evil 7?

So I made a topic on gamefaqs about the retroid pocket 4 and how it something you can get for 200 bucks and the specs look like this:
71be30ba.jpg

The bolded words are the Pro version.
It seems like the A78s are pretty popular in the handheld space./s

But seriously since it has 8 A78s it may could be used for performance testings.

I've been reading MasaGratoR's Twitter, they make 60 FPS mods for homebrewed Switches. Some pretty interesting insights on why some games perform as they do:

And of course some thirst traps for a taste of what we might be enjoying later this year on native Nintendo hardware.

It seems like a good idea until the media comes out with a "Nintendo is gatekeeping the Switch 2 and this is why you should be angry" barrage of articles.

And people would still buy it if it's a compelling system. No one actually interested in a Switch 2 is going to give a shit about some stupid journalist's article.

The specs for the CPUs on the Dimensity 1100 in the screenshot are not completely correct. The Dimensity 1100 has 4 Cortex-A78 cores running at 2.6 GHz and 4 Cortex-A55 cores running at 2 GHz.
Oh sorry, here is the proper specs:
Retroid Pocket 4/4Pro Specifications & Features:

1. RP4 Pro:
    CPU: 4*[email protected] 4*[email protected] GHz
    GPU: G77 MC9@836MHz
    RAM: 8GB LPDDR4x
    Storage: 128GB UFS 3.1 + TF Card Slot
  2. RP4:
    CPU: 2*[email protected] + 6*[email protected]
    GPU: G68 MC4@900MHz
    RAM: 4GB LPDDR4x
    Storage: 128GB UFS 3.1 + TF Card Slot
  3. Touch screen: 4.7 inch, 750x1334@60fps, 500nits
  4. Heat Dissapation: Active-cooling
  5. 5000mAh battery
  6. Analogue L2/R2
  7. 3D hall sticks
  8. BT 5.2&Wi-Fi 6
  9. Official OTA support for incremental software upgrade

Chiming in with this VR talk, I got to thinking about my childhood memories of using a Sony Walkman tape player.

WMF12-2_800x.jpg

So now imagine a situation where Nintendo comes out with a full VR headset, and like a Walkman, has the cradle to play your software, and has a headset to listen, or in this case, play your games.

So think of the Switch system as the tape that docks into the Player that puts it into "VR Mode." You detach the joy-cons from the system itself like this:

nintendo-switch_5.jpg

You hold the joy-cons of course, the Switch system slides into the VR Player like a tape would slot into a Walkman, and is attached on your person, so the system effectively becomes "wireless" in that it isn't tethered to a base station on your entertainment center.

The Switch holder would also have an extended battery to improve battery life of the system beyond what it normally could do, plus it'll run on a custom VR profile that isn't quite full on docked mode, but is still running at higher clocks than standard handheld mode.

It is wild to me that there are firm dates for pre-orders.
The chain I book from and attend midnight releases for here in Sweden often has pre-orders ready for both games and consoles as soon as there is the slightest piece of information out there. They just have a (often high) placeholder price attached and they just add the date and the correct pricing closer to launch.

Is this non-standard procedure in the rest of the world?
At least for consoles, you're typically not going to get a preorder that's not backed by at a unit the store is expected to receive here in the US.

• Mortal Kombat 1
  • WWE 2K series
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Pokemon SV (patch?)
Mortal Kombat 1 received a patch months ago and works fine.

Chiming in with this VR talk, I got to thinking about my childhood memories of using a Sony Walkman tape player.

WMF12-2_800x.jpg

So now imagine a situation where Nintendo comes out with a full VR headset, and like a Walkman, has the cradle to play your software, and has a headset to listen, or in this case, play your games.

So think of the Switch system as the tape that docks into the Player that puts it into "VR Mode." You detach the joy-cons from the system itself like this:

nintendo-switch_5.jpg

You hold the joy-cons of course, the Switch system slides into the VR Player like a tape would slot into a Walkman, and is attached on your person, so the system effectively becomes "wireless" in that it isn't tethered to a base station on your entertainment center.

The Switch holder would also have an extended battery to improve battery life of the system beyond what it normally could do, plus it'll run on a custom VR profile that isn't quite full on docked mode, but is still running at higher clocks than standard handheld mode.

I like this idea a lot, actually.

Necro has 173 “Yeah”s. I hope that’s the record.
Maybe Nate can break it, one day. And because his record breaking post‘ll be a „Switch 2 reveal tomorrow“ leak, the sooner it happens, the better (even though I wouldn’t be mad if this post is getting more Yeahs).

Opening up pre-orders early would do little to stop the console from being out of stock at launch. If the product is attractive to consumers then demand will always outstrip supply since Nintendo has neither the capacity nor speed for which to keep up with it.

Nintendo Prime is a curse for both leakers and famiboards.

Regardless of the YouTuber, it has to be somewhat annoying for Nate that his video will get less views than a lot of these YouTubers who make a video about his video.

Also, controversy gets clicks. RGT85 likes to fuel that "no backwards compatibility" talking point because it gets people's attention. Does he truly believe Nintendo will forgo BC so they can sell 60 million people MK8 Deluxe again? I doubt it, but it got him views and that makes him money.

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom