• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

If we're all in favor of looping to another topic, how about launch games, again?

I've said this before, but I think Nintendogs could be an interesting launch (or launch window) title. I could see the dogs (and possibly other animals) look very realistic and the game could be a great showcase for improved Joy-Con controls.

Nah there is actually a sizeable part of the Nintendo fanbase that prefers WiiU over Switch, at least if you remove the WiiU ports. I see it more on Twitter than on fami tho
Even assuming almost every Wii U owner prefers it to the Switch, there are at most 13m ppl who prefer the Wii U vs 120m who prefer the Switch. The actual Wii U number is probably smaller and so it's such an extremely unpopular position.

I don't begrudge anyone for feeling that way, but I don't see the point in engaging much. It's like asking someone why they like Skittles on their pizza. Some ppl are into odd things.

this past week has me reminiscing about sub 1000 pages
Tell me about it. I forget if the OLED announcement was when the thread was on here or on the purple site, but somehow that was more fun than the doomposting cycle of the past week or two. At least the entire thread getting hyped and then hitting rock bottom was kinda funny?

But this... Man I'm just here for all the cool tech talk lol I don't really care if this thing is as powerful as a PS4 or slightly more powerful than a PS4. I know there's a lot of new people, but the floor being PS4 level has longgggggg been established. I don't understand why people are so nervous about it?

It's just dawned on me that we're almost at 1700 pages, when we were at 1600 pages, last week!!!

If we're all in favor of looping to another topic, how about launch games, again?

I've said this before, but I think Nintendogs could be an interesting launch (or launch window) title. I could see the dogs (and possibly other animals) look very realistic and the game could be a great showcase for improved Joy-Con controls.
Ironically, I think the best game to showcase the Switch 2 is a Switch 1 game. If Luigi's Mansion 3 didn't already exist, imagine a version of the game at 60fps with all the new visual effects the Switch 2 could handle. If they're launching the Switch 2 with patches for old games, Luigi's Mansion 3 needs to be a top priority. That's still the best looking Switch game imo.

Kimishima-san at Nintendo Presentation January 2017 voice: @P4bl0 , @Goblin_knight, @darthdiablo, @D36, @carbvan, @Dekuman, @Serif and everyone else: Thank you very much!

As this thread is aware, a user named Ghostsonplanets ( wink wink) on reddit, claimed that a Korean boards leaked that the T239 chip was cancelled and that Nvidia and Nintendo had a fall out, with Nintendo choosing to do a a new chip, called T232, which was very cheap and would fit into their cheap strategy. And linked it to OreXda tweet and DF Switch Pro cancellation report

The purpose of that was initially a shitpost within some Nintendo hardware discord circles. A user who's active here in this thread shared how tiring it is to deal with misinformation and trying to correct people biases about and against Nintendo. And thus, I created a copypasta/shitpost, with obvious bogus information, that only a gullible person would believe. Thankfully, the vast majority of the people who commented, said that it was an obvious fake and that there were glaring issues with what was being said. From language, to economics and logistics. And, for the people who believed on what was said, I debunked it and pointed out towards a place with legit information and active discussion: This very one.

I truly didn't thought people here would believe what I said, so I didn't even bothered posting beforehand. Guess I was a bit wrong, but the vast majority of you didn't believed, so that's great!

As you all know, while I do (Fire Emblem) engage with jokes here, my posts are usually more tech-oriented and asking or trying to help people. As z0m3le said, there will be a huge influx of fake posts in the upcoming months, so it's better for us to exercise critical thinking and try to not overreact towards everything.

By no way this means that we should stop speculating or bringing new pieces of info. We should bring it and try to discuss it. But I hope were not gullible/naive or overreact as if a new piece of info totally override the knowledge that have been and keep being built so far.

In meantime, I hope my post on reddit serves as a way for people to know this amazing place and for them to not fall towards any piece of information that is shared on the internet. This post of mine was a one-time thing and now it's back to normality.
Screenshot_20230918_222515_Reddit.jpg

Screenshot_20230918_223710_Reddit.jpg

Love you all ❤️! And hopefully @D36 doesn't send to to the prison hahaha

Kimishima-san at Nintendo Presentation January 2017 voice: @P4bl0 , @Goblin_knight, @darthdiablo, @D36, @carbvan, @Dekuman, @Serif and everyone else: Thank you very much!

As this thread is aware, a user named Ghostsonplanets ( wink wink) on reddit, claimed that a Korean boards leaked that the T239 chip was cancelled and that Nvidia and Nintendo had a fall out, with Nintendo choosing to do a a new chip, called T232, which was very cheap and would fit into their cheap strategy. And linked it to OreXda tweet and DF Switch Pro cancellation report

The purpose of that was initially a shitpost within some Nintendo hardware discord circles. A user who's active here in this thread shared how tiring it is to deal with misinformation and trying to correct people biases about and against Nintendo. And thus, I created a copypasta/shitpost, with obvious bogus information, that only a gullible person would believe. Thankfully, the vast majority of the people who commented, said that it was an obvious fake and that there were glaring issues with what was being said. From language, to economics and logistics. And, for the people who believed on what was said, I debunked it and pointed out towards a place with legit information and active discussion: This very one.

I truly didn't thought people here would believe what I said, so I didn't even bothered posting beforehand. Guess I was a bit wrong, but the vast majority of you didn't believed, so that's great!

As you all know, while I do (Fire Emblem) engage with jokes here, my posts are usually more tech-oriented and asking or trying to help people. As z0m3le said, there will be a huge influx of fake posts in the upcoming months, so it's better for us to exercise critical thinking and try to not overreact towards everything.

By no way this means that we should stop speculating or bringing new pieces of info. We should bring it and try to discuss it. But I hope were not gullible/naive or overreact as if a new piece of info totally override the knowledge that have been and keep being built so far.

In meantime, I hope my post on reddit serves as a way for people to know this amazing place and for them to not fall towards any piece of information that is shared on the internet. This post of mine was a one-time thing and now it's back to normality.

Love you all ❤️! And hopefully @D36 doesn't send me to the prison hahaha

moss.png

Hm. Well alright. Is the korean from anything in specific or was it all made up? I was trying to dig deeper into it for a bit and gave up lol.

Please walk me through the logic of why you thought this was a good idea.

moss.png

Hm. Well alright. Is the korean from anything in specific or was it all made up? I was trying to dig deeper into it for a bit and gave up lol.
It's a parody based on a rumor from a Taiwanese press, circa around 2019/2020, that claimed Nintendo was testing a overclocked Tegra X1 on TSMC 7nm for a Switch Pro. The "It's from" at the start of it was the dead giveaway for those who remember that rumor.

Everything was made up hahaha

I just want mario and metroid for first party, though there is a lot of mario coming out right now (maybe kart?). There's a lot of ports I want, full atlus support, lots of fromsoftware support, hoyoverse games, square enix etc. I also want to see a 2D or non open air zelda within the first 18 months. I'm a simple creature, give me my weeb shit and I'll shut up.

Ghostsonplanets keeps posting. Why isn't he talking here???
image.png
image.png
Guy comes off like a televangelist talking about the end of the world.

One moment it's next week and when next week comes, he'll be like "God added a zero, the date is much later" or some horsepoop

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the tech side, but can we try to avoid five plus pages of discussion the next time a fake leak shows up?

I just want mario and metroid for first party, though there is a lot of mario coming out right now (maybe kart?). There's a lot of ports I want, full atlus support, lots of fromsoftware support, hoyoverse games, square enix etc. I also want to see a 2D or non open air zelda within the first 18 months. I'm a simple creature, give me my weeb shit and I'll shut up.
Yeah, I'm hoping at least Re:Fantazio is announced for Redrakted NG. I already pre-ordered P3R (the special edition) for my PS5.

GRAAAAAA NEW DOCTRE DROPPED

We already new about the job listing tho : P

ML doesn’t necessarily mean DLSS tho. let me quote myself.
A.I should be the new gimmick. It is exploding right now. DLSS is A.I. We know that’s part of the new swicth. The marketing should lean into that.

They could also implement ChatGPT or similar Large Language Model (custom self-built or 3rd party) on an OS level for the new switch. Or even build a game around it.
A.I assisted guides on a system level. Trivia, facts, guides about any games on your device. The eshop should have recommendation system based on the games you‘ve played. There are so many implementations of AI even outside of LLM.

I‘m sure Nintendo can come out with something even better than this. These are just some of the ideas off the top on my head rn.

I’m saying A.I because that’s the only “gimmick” that is commercially viable and marketable to the masses right now certainly 1000x more than something like VR.
👁️👀

Last edited:
To add to this, N3 advantage over N5/N4 is basically higher density and more flexibility in the design. However the costs are very high. Perhaps in the future, if Nintendo adopts a TSMC process for T239, they might shrink it to N3 when costs go down. Links below is relevant:

In late 2021, TSMC announced N4P, a process optimization of N4. Through further improvements in the FEOL and MOL, TSMC increased performance by another 6% over N4 and reduced power consumption by 22% over N5.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ff91ee269-2e2f-48fc-9be5-fb9ba7a240ad_450x245.png

Maybe someone is pretending to be him?
No. It was me. I explained below:

Love you all ❤️! And hopefully @D36 doesn't send me to the prison hahaha

I’ve been following along since this thread’s origins in Era, through the OLED reveal disappointment, ToTK launch alignment, all of it, oftentimes daily…and seeing it put this way was pretty wild to read.
please for Hylia sake, i dont want for the moment Switch sucessor launch, someone have a great idea to sugest Switch sucessor Pro ia coming in the future, i was so annoyed of the Switch Pro rumors i could punch someone

if anything maybe they mean close in only teraflops number in handheld form, everything other is much more powerful than PS4/Xbox One, CPU,RAM,Modern Architecure of GPU etc

Seriously man? Is this what you come up with? This is some weak shit.

It's a parody based on a rumor from a Taiwanese press, circa around 2019/2020, that claimed Nintendo was testing a overclocked Tegra X1 on TSMC 7nm for a Switch Pro. The "It's from" at the start of it was the dead giveaway for those who remember that rumor.

Everything was made up hahaha
You-dont-say-meme.png

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom