• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion From an aesthetic standpoint, what is your favorite Nintendo console and/or handheld?

It probably wouldn't make my #1, but I always loved this look and the Japanese name of "Milky Blue".
Yui2hv5.jpg
I largely missed out on GBA and haven't really even played it a ton but I love this horizontal handheld design so much. I especially obsessed over the space world marketing color that never actually released. That platinum and teal combo ....
E0NkBhVWYAAY48X.jpg:large

Funtastic N64 controllers with translucent colours was peak 90s design but my god was it ever a boon to the culture.

I feel like Frank when I say that this is art

3d86a9a7ca8b1b340ac8912b9a981d97.jpg

All of Game Boy Colors, but I have soft spots for Berry and Teal.

GBA SP has the best form factor, I just don't love the colors. Venusaur variant looks nice.

Honorable mention to the Wii Mini with its pop-top. That useless little red brick is delightful without doing anything at all.

I always loved the different transparent color variants of the Nintendo 64.

63fd4f1d8c7cb2bb05169cdba1d878c5.jpg

I never had one of them, I just had the standard gray model, but these looked so stylish to me as a kid.
The further we stray from iMac transparency, the further we stray from the light.

switch-lite.large.jpg

I will shout out the Switch Lite, especially the Indigo one.
It took the GBA design and brought it to the modern age, refined the Switchs form factor to perfection, bezel blends in so it isnt distracting, buttons are bigger than the base Switch, and is the size is just right.

Immaculate.

If it could only dock it would be perfect, but I still love it from an aesthetic standpoint

screen-NIN603_3.jpg-large.png

The pure minimalism that is the DSi. Was almost a shame they "wasted" this look on a DS model rather than saving it for the 3DS. The new 3DS was nice, but the edges weren't as sleek and tight as the DSi's.
DSi is so Good. Still feels futuristic. The plastic has such a satisfying grit.

Back
Top Bottom