• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Serious Free Palestine

Finally, some good fucking news.

good-news-v0-qy129ggycsec1.jpeg

Netanyahu and crew will completely ignore it and continue dropping bombs indiscriminately and loudly expressing they actually really just want to drop the nukes. Extremely curious how things will go from here on out, because the other potential cases against the US and UK are going to be something...

It's not lost on me that Biden made a big deal about pulling out of Afghanistan and is now involved in multiple proxy wars in the Middle East.

Between this and several countries - of course including the US and UK - cutting off funding to the UNRWA (the UN relief agency for Palestine), it seems like the West's answer to the ICJ ruling is just to let the already loosely hanging mask slip entirely.

Nothing but spite and malice.

I absolutely hate seeing The Netherlands among the list, really?! I hate this government, especially when you see some of the demonstrations :(

Pelosi is accusing pro-Palestine protestors of being connected to Russia and wants the FBI to investigate them. The Democrats are nothing less than a party of xenophobic war mongers pretending to care about progress.

Pelosi is accusing pro-Palestine protestors of being connected to Russia and wants the FBI to investigate them. The Democrats are nothing less than a party of xenophobic war mongers pretending to care about progress.
Really didn't expect the "anyone who doesn't agree with us is Russia" play. Shouldn't be surprised, they're only political strategies are "What are you, RUSSIAN!?", "What about the other guys!?", and "Don't worry, we love war too!"

Of fucking course. "You don't want to bomb kids? You must be Russian."

It is pathetic that the Palestinians are this financially dependent on the global North's benevolence in the first place. 60+ % funding of the UNRWA from EU countries is terrible. Less than $200k p.a. by South Africa shows how little their support really means.
Palestinians simply don't have any supporters at all on this planet :(

So the FBI is allowed to investigate a '''''potential''''' Russian interference for Pro Palestine demonstrations. But they're apparently barred for doing anything Israeli related. Outright insane and pathetic.

It is pathetic that the Palestinians are this financially dependent on the global North's benevolence in the first place. 60+ % funding of the UNRWA from EU countries is terrible. Less than $200k p.a. by South Africa shows how little their support really means.
Palestinians simply don't have any supporters at all on this planet :(

All those demonstrations, all those hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people, taking to the streets, all those random people interrupting speeches by people in power, journalists pushing Israeli spokes persons on the facts. It shows that millions, upon millions have their heart is the right place and do what they can. But the people in power just don't give two shits about the Palestinians plight and gleefully circumvent procedures and any moral grounds to not have to hold Netanyahu and crew responsible regardless of what they say or do.
It's disappointing to say the least...

Last edited:
Hamas is not Palestine. For attempting to justify Israel’s ongoing genocide you have been banned for three months and permanently threadbanned. -xghost777, VolcanicDynamo, Party Sklar, Barely Able, big lantern ghost
I mean palenstine literally invaded Israel.
‘Both sides’ ignores the element of the catastrophe of collective punishment on civilians in heavily populated areas, lack of regard for collatoral damage and Israel’s level of control over emergency response as the occupier.

Hamas launched a terrorist attack on Israel, killing 1,200 innocent people and seizing 253 hostages. Israel has responded by killing 30,000 Palestinian civilians and injuring 70,000 and severely restricting power, water, medical aid and food to 2 million more so far. The issue is the collective punishment of the Palestinian people when even Israel is (usually) careful to make the distinction between Hamas and civilians in press conferences, but in their case it’s mostly as a ‘both sides’ argument isn’t convenient as you can’t both not recognise Palestine as a state (due to wanting to build on it’s land) while also claiming they started a war. Hamas’s attack was an atrocity. But Israel has literally killed nearly 25 times as many civilians so far, destroyed infrastructure that will take a generation to rebuild, let a humanitarian catastrophe develop over basic rights like water, and has responsibilities as the occupier that they’ve failed to meet. They literally control the pipelines of potable water, power and medical supplies.

When every major aid organisation on the planet has been flagging up a humanitarian disaster for months, a nation state with a level of command and control that’s able to switch off all supplies to a region, as well as run search and destroy operations section by section, also has the responsibility for the millions of civilians caught in the crossfire.

Last edited:
Tough situation. I don't think its really fair to blanket support one side or the other. There is a lot going on here. My wifes' family is from that part of the world, they mentioned that hostility towards the Palestinians goes substantially beyond Israel. Many of their neighbors aren't interested in assisting them either.
Hard to say what Germany is doing is wrong, America and many neighboring countries aren't interested in stopping them.

Tough situation. I don't think its really fair to blanket support one side or the other. There is a lot going on here. My wifes' family is from that part of the world, they mentioned that hostility towards the Palestinians goes substantially beyond Israel. Many of their neighbors aren't interested in assisting them either.
It's not really tough, genocide is bad and doesn't become less bad because the people being genocided are not well liked.

I presume this is what you're alluding to?

just if any one was questioning the arab governments are all unelected dictatorship that does not represent their people and as egyptian i can assure you all saying that the people on the street are angry for what is happening ingaza is an understatement i never seen any thing like this since 2011

Last edited:
it couldn't be more fair to blanket support one side in this situation. one side has stolen the other's nation, statehood, national identity, basic human rights, and reduced them to third class citizens in their own ancestral homes that has belonged to them for generations. that side also happens to be rich, have the unconditional support of the western world behind their back, and have the capability to do basically anything they want (like the genocide they've been attempting for decades) without any repercussion.

after decades of occupation and being robbed of everything that belongs to them, terrorism and fundamentalism is natural to grow. yes, there was a terrorist attack and a thousand people died. but what's not fair is to look at that as an isolated incident without considering what led to it. it's also not fair to use that as an excuse to destroys 2 million people's homes and cities, murder 30 thousand innocent people, most of them kids and women who had nothing to do with the terrorist attack, and leave millions of people with a bleak and hopeless future.

as for the neighbors not assisting them, i don't see how that's relevant to the situation at all. yes, of course israel's dream is that the other nations would allow all palestinians to leave their homes and move to other arab countries, but that's beyond ridiculous and something that should never happen. could the arab countries do more (or anything) that helps? of course. but a lot of them are dictatorships and don't have much power on their own without western support and would never risk their relationships with US/etc over defending palestinian people.

To everyone in this thread:

Don't forget to go to your local or nearby protest, if you can or want to:

1. Join a Protest​

February 23, 2024

February 24, 2024

February 25, 2024

February 27, 2024

March 8, 2024

March 10, 2024

• PEORIA, IL | 1PM on the corner of Main Street and university| 4:30PM 622 Main St.

Know a protest not on this list? Tell us about it by filling out this quick form.

You can also organize your own demonstration to hold your members of Congress accountable. Hold a sit-in or pray-in based on recent examples. Keep up the pressure! Find more resources in our Stop Gaza Genocide toolkit.

Also see the Gaza Is Palestine resources page for legal support, advocacy, and educational resources, and this primer from Amnesty on keeping your phone secured.

Past actions are archived here (partial list).

UNITED STATES

• GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY (US) – Tuesday Nov 14, 2 pm, Wilkins Plaza. Info:
  • INDIANAPOLIS, IN (US) – Tuesday Nov 14, 3:45 pm, Monument Circle West Side. Info:
  • LONG BEACH COUNTY, CA (US) – Tuesday Nov 14, 3 p.m., outside City Hall. Info:
  • NEW YORK, NY/COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY (US) – Tues Nov 14, 4:30 pm, Sundial Morningside Campus. Info:
  • NEW YORK, NY (US) – Tues Nov 14, 2:30 pm, Hunter College West Building Entrance. Info:
  • SAN DIEGO, CA (US) – Tues Nov 14, 5 pm, SDUSD Board Mtg, 4100 Normal St. Info:
  • STATEN ISLAND, NY (US) – Tues Nov 14, 4 pm, Borough Hall, 10 Richmond Terrace. Info:
  • TOLEDO, OH (US) – Tues Nov 14, 3 pm, Marcy Kaptur’s Office, 720 Water St. Info:
  • UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA (US) – Tues Nov 14, 11 am, MSC Plaza. Info:
  • WOODLAND, CA (US) – Tues Nov 14, 4:30 pm, Office of Rep Mike Thompson, 622 Main St

Wednesday, November 15

AUSTRALIA

• MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – Wed Nov 15, 7 am to 1 pm, ABC Southbank. Info:
  • MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – Wed Nov 15, 1:30 pm, Raymond Priestly Building. Info:

AUSTRIA

• VIENNA, AUSTRIA – Wed Nov 15, 2 pm, Stephansplatz. Info:

BELGIUM

• BRUSSELS, BELGIUM – Wed Nov 15, 6 pm, Gare Centrale. Info:

CANADA AND QUEBEC

• MONTREAL, QUEBEC – Wed Nov 15, 6 pm, Dorchester Square. Info:

DENMARK

• COPENHAGEN, DENMARK – Wed Nov 15, 5 pm, Justice Ministry to Ofelia Plads. Info:

ENGLAND

• BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND – Wed Nov 15, 4:30 pm, New Street Station. Info:
  • HASTINGS, ENGLAND – Wed Nov 15, 12 pm, Hastings Town Centre. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzoKPDCMb4y/
  • LONDON, ENGLAND – Wed Nov 15, 5 pm, Parliament. Info:
  • MANCHESTER, ENGLAND – UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER – Wed Nov 15, 12 pm, Whitworth Hall Arch, Oxford Rd. Info:
  • MANCHESTER, ENGLAND – Wed Nov 15, 4:30 pm, Brooks Bar Junction. Info:

IRELAND

• DUBLIN, IRELAND – Wed Nov 15, 6 pm, Leinster House. Info:

ITALY

• PERUGIA, ITALY – Wed Nov 15, 5:30 pm, Piazzale G. Bellucci. Info:
  • TORINO, ITALY – Wed Nov 15, 3 pm, Palazzo Nuovo. Info:

NETHERLANDS

• AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS – Wed Nov 16, 7 pm, Central Station. Info:

UNITED STATES

• ANN ARBOR, MI (US) – Wed Nov 15, 3 pm, Angel Hall Steps, University of Michigan. Info:
  • ATHENS, GA (US) – Wed Nov 15, 3:30 pm, Tate Plaza. Info:
  • GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (US) – Wed Nov 15, 4 pm, Kogan Plaza. Info:
  • NEW YORK, NY/COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY (US) – Wed Nov 15, 2 pm, 16th and Broadway. Info:
  • NEW YORK, NY (US) – Wed Nov 15, 4 pm, 52 Broadway, UFT Headquarters. Info:
  • NEW YORK, NY (US) – Wed Nov 15, 3 pm, Stern Courtyard, NYU. Info:
  • NEW YORK, NY (US) – Wed Nov 15, 6 pm, CUNY Law, Rafferty Triangle. Info:
  • SALT LAKE CITY, UT (US) – Wed Nov 15, 3 pm, Utah State Capitol. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzHgtP-S9Sq/
  • SAN FRANCISCO, CA (US) – Wed Nov 15, 4 pm, Ferry Building. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzmVx1JOdim/
  • SUGAR LAND, TX (US) – Wed Nov 15, 5 pm, Town Square, 15958 City Walk. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/CziTuiFs-il/
  • TOLEDO, OH (US) – Wed Nov 15, 4 pm, Central and McCord. Info: https://www.instagram.com/p/Czpe791ga0c/

Thursday, November 16

ARGENTINA

BELGIUM

CANADA

ENGLAND

GERMANY

• BERLIN, GERMANY – Thurs Nov 16, 11 am, Fabeckstrasse 23/25 to Strasse des 17 Juni 135 to Hannoversche Str. 7. Silent March
  • BERLIN, GERMANY – Thurs Nov 16, 6 pm, Oranienplatz

JAPAN

NETHERLANDS

NORWAY

SPAIN

UNITED STATES

Friday, November 17

AUSTRALIA

BAHRAIN

BELGIUM

BRAZIL

CANADA AND QUEBEC

DENMARK

ENGLAND

(There's more inside the three links I sent.

Please click those links! I myself am going to one of these protests.)

It's not really tough, genocide is bad and doesn't become less bad because the people being genocided are not well liked.
OF course yeah I agree, But with in-laws whos extensive family exists in the bordering countries to Palestine, they are fairly vocal on their desire to not assist them, due to their "attitudes and actions" of the past. Again, I obviously don't understand it, but if an entire extended family's worth of people refuse to help their neighbors because of their prior actions, then obviously something is going on I don't know about.

For justifying the genocide in Palestine and blaming the affected population for it, you have been permanently banned. - Dardan Sandiego, big lantern ghost, meatbag, VolcanicDynamo, Barely Able
it couldn't be more fair to blanket support one side in this situation. one side has stolen the other's nation, statehood, national identity, basic human rights, and reduced them to third class citizens in their own ancestral homes that has belonged to them for generations. that side also happens to be rich, have the unconditional support of the western world behind their back, and have the capability to do basically anything they want (like the genocide they've been attempting for decades) without any repercussion.

after decades of occupation and being robbed of everything that belongs to them, terrorism and fundamentalism is natural to grow. yes, there was a terrorist attack and a thousand people died. but what's not fair is to look at that as an isolated incident without considering what led to it. it's also not fair to use that as an excuse to destroys 2 million people's homes and cities, murder 30 thousand innocent people, most of them kids and women who had nothing to do with the terrorist attack, and leave millions of people with a bleak and hopeless future.

as for the neighbors not assisting them, i don't see how that's relevant to the situation at all. yes, of course israel's dream is that the other nations would allow all palestinians to leave their homes and move to other arab countries, but that's beyond ridiculous and something that should never happen. could the arab countries do more (or anything) that helps? of course. but a lot of them are dictatorships and don't have much power on their own without western support and would never risk their relationships with US/etc over defending palestinian people.
Its not just that Palestinians leaving their homeland would be sad, Their neighbours actually furiously Do not want them to come in, and are going to great lengths to refuse refugees from those area. You would assume if a neighbor is refusing to assist in there genocided-neighbour because of their past history. Then maybe they have some skeletons in the closet.

Its not just that Palestinians leaving their homeland would be sad, Their neighbours actually furiously Do not want them to come in, and are going to great lengths to refuse refugees from those area. You would assume if a neighbor is refusing to assist in there genocided-neighbour because of their past history. Then maybe they have some skeletons in the closet.
OF course yeah I agree, But with in-laws whos extensive family exists in the bordering countries to Palestine, they are fairly vocal on their desire to not assist them, due to their "attitudes and actions" of the past. Again, I obviously don't understand it, but if an entire extended family's worth of people refuse to help their neighbors because of their prior actions, then obviously something is going on I don't know about.
again, i don't think this is all very relevant to the case here. unless you're implying something has to be wrong with palestinians that justifies this?
the neighboring countries aren't exactly so rich and well off for them to be accepting of millions of refugees coming to their country, and this is all a moot conversation because there's no reason moving palestinians out of palestine is a conversation that needs to be had before the root of the issue gets fixed first.

At ICJ hearing, Global South countries call for end to occupation of Palestine; US and allies back Israel​

Subtitle:

The ICJ is conducting hearings before giving an opinion on the legal consequences of Israel’s occupation of Palestine. The US and its allies have asked the court to not demand an end to the occupation
Article:
image1170x530cropped.jpg

Proceedings at the ICJ. Photo: ICJ-CIJ/Frank van Beek

The ongoing hearing at the International Court of Justice on the Israeli occupation of Palestine has revealed clear divisions on the issue that also extend to countries’ positions on the genocidal Israeli war on Gaza. While countries from the Global South have called for an end to the Israeli occupation as soon as possible, the US and many of its allies seek the continuation of status quo.

On the fifth day of hearing on Friday, February 23 the UK, adhering to the line taken by the US earlier, tried to defend the Israeli occupation and asked the court to avoid giving its opinion of its legality. The UK representative claimed that the court has no jurisdiction to opine on the questions formulated by the UN General Assembly as Israel had not consented to it.

The ICJ was asked by the UN General Assembly in a resolution adopted in December 2022 to opine on the legal consequences of Israel’s occupation and denial of Palestinians’ right to self determination and its policies of settlement and annexation of Palestinian territories. The court will also opine on the policies of racial discrimination that Israel has been accused of perpetrating in the occupied territories.

Over 50 countries and three world organizations were slated to present their positions between February 19 and February 26. So far, over 40 countries and organizations have submitted their opinions before the court with a majority of them underlining the illegality of the Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories and demanding an end of the occupation.

The US and its western allies, on the contrary, tried to defend the occupation and asked the court to desist from expressing its opinion on its legal consequences.

On Thursday, China called for an immediate end to the occupation, saying that Palestinians should not be denied justice which is already delayed as the occupation has continued for over five decades now. Legal Advisor of the Chinese Foreign Ministry Ma Xinmin rejected the attempts to compare Palestinian resistance with terrorism, claiming that as an occupied people, Palestinians have every right to fight for their independence.

Russia asserted that the court should see that Israel has been violating all its commitments to international law in the occupied territories and demanded the end of its illegal occupation and the oppressive policies inside the occupied Palestinian territories.

Most countries from Africa and West Asia also reiterated that Israel had been violating international laws with impunity and some of them asked the court to recognize its policies of racial discrimination against Palestinians as apartheid. They argued that its continued occupation of Palestinian territories make it difficult to achieve any peace and stability in the region.

US defends the occupation

Meanwhile, representing the US, Acting Legal Advisor for the country’s State Department Richard Visek underlined that “the court should not find that Israel is legally obligated to immediately and unconditionally withdraw from occupied territories.” Visek urged the court to take into consideration Israel’s “legitimate security needs” and desist from calls to end the occupation immediately.

Visek argued that the UN has established a process for a peaceful resolution through negotiation in the Israel-Palestine conflict and the court should stick to it while addressing the questions put to it in the case.

The US defense of Israeli occupation came a day after it vetoed yet another UN Security Council resolution demanding an immediate ceasefire in Gaza, which has killed close to 30,000 Palestinians and wounded nearly 70,000.

The US has vetoed at least three such resolutions demanding a ceasefire despite worsening the humanitarian situation in Gaza with over 80% of its pre-war population of 2.3 million displaced and living without basic services such as water, medicine, sanitation and even adequate food.

The US had also voted against the resolution seeking the ICJ’s opinion on the legality of Israeli occupation when it was put for voting in December 2022 despite officially maintaining that it wants to see the end of the occupation and creation of a Palestinian state in the occupied territories.

The US was a key mediator in various rounds of peace talks in the 1990s and 2000s between Israel and Palestinian representatives. However, none of those talks were successful as Israel rejected calls to end its occupation.

Over the years, Israel has also illegally annexed large parts of occupied land and built close to 200 illegal settlements in the occupied territories where nearly 700,000 illegal settlers live.

Reacting to the US position on Israeli occupation Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad Maliki told the press that Palestinians have come to the court after exploring all the international forums in the last 75 years and witnessing how the US has hampered the chances of peace through its hegemony and vetoes within the UN system, The New Arab reported.

During his submission to the court on the first day of hearing, Maliki had asked for an immediate end to the Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories and called for ending its impunity.

Much of the world condemns Israel and the United States, but as long as the United States protects Israel, they will likely do nothing to intervene less it spark an even wider war.

Does anyone have any good books about Palestine/the situation as a whole? I'm interested in reading the history myself so I can be a better advocate and such

At this point I heavily side-eye "both sides are the same" people, because to me that usually signals you haven't been paying attention or you see all of Palestine including newborn children as Hamas.

Rest in power Aaron :(
I'm still sad that this happened... He was a real martyr and will not be forgotten. 🇵🇸

The incident unfolded at about 04:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday, when people congregated at Harun al-Rashid Street in Gaza, where aid trucks carrying flour were believed to be on the way.

A convoy of aid trucks passed through the checkpoint, heading north, as people started gathering in large groups. According to the Israeli military, a convoy of 31 trucks entered Gaza but nearly 20 entered the north on Monday and Tuesday.

As people gathered in large groups waiting for much-needed aid, they were shot at by all kinds of military equipment, Al Jazeera's Hani Mahmoud, reported from Rafah. According to a report by the Associated Press, people pulled boxes of flour and canned goods off the trucks.

After the first round of shooting stopped, people returned to the trucks, only for the soldiers to open fire once more.

"After opening fire, Israeli tanks advanced and ran over many of the dead and injured bodies," Al Jazeera's Ismail al-Ghoul said, reporting from the scene.

Unspeakable horrors. Truly an abominable state in every shape and form.

The entire situation there is an utter shit show, every time I think I've seen it all, there's even worse stuff that happens.
And with each passing they, I have less faith (and every time I'm surprised with myself that I still had some faith left) in the different governments around the world that this will be stopped and a permanent solution will be worked out.
At this point, I genuinely wouldn't be shocked if they did actually drop a nuke on them, claim the ground and all governments be like: "BUT GHAMAS! ¯\(ツ)/¯"

they really need to fire all their social media managers
translation :
all these groups tried to exterminate the jewish people throughout history and failed, where are they today?
ancient egyptians failed
Philistines failed
assyrians failed
babylonians failed
ancient greeks failed
romans failed
byzantines failed
crusaders failed
hamas working on destroying it
the people of israel will live

Last edited:

they really need to fire all their social media managers
translation :
all these groups tried to exterminate the jewish people throughout history and failed, where are they today?
ancient egyptians failed
Philistines failed
assyrians failed
babylonians failed
ancient greeks failed
romans failed
byzantines failed
crusaders failed
hamas working on destroying it
the people of israel will live

I went to a rally and march for about 5 hours yesterday for Palestine.

If I can do it, so can you.

Definitely look for local actions in your area.

Cheers!

Another day another example of congress being irredeemable Nazis. Days like this I sincerely hope the Christian hell is real because boy are these fascists gonna be surprised at what happens to them in the afterlife.

I'm genuinely utterly confused that, not only does the US admits they build a port yet don't know what they're going to do with it since they don't know how the aid will be/must be distributed. Yet they cut the funding of the one organization that is already responsible of exactly that. That freaking country is just something else...

Please do not endorse the Houthis, which is an antisemitic and genocidal organization. For this, you are being banned for one week. - MB, TC, BF, ngpdrew, BLG, PS, Zellia, MN, G7

A leader of the Ansar Allah movement criticized the US for providing weapons to Israel’s genocidal war and held airdropping aid to Gaza as insulting to Palestinians
Yemen-Ansar-Allah.jpg

Sayyed Abdulmalik al-Houthi, leader of Yemen’s Ansar Allah, said on Thursday, March 14 that his country’s armed forces will expand their attacks against ships moving to Israel from the Red Sea region to the whole of Indian ocean.

Stating that attacks on Israeli ships in the Red Sea and Bab el-Mandeb will continue until there is a ceasefire in Gaza, al-Houthi declared that “we [now] aim to prevent ships associated with the Israeli enemy from crossing [Indian] Ocean towards South Africa and the Cape of the Good Hope” as well.

He warned that international shipping companies should take Ansar Allah’s declaration seriously and avoid any links with Israel as “any ship linked to Israel is vulnerable to Yemeni missiles.”

Ansar Allah and the Yemeni Armed Forces have been carrying out attacks against the ships associated with Israel in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden since November last year, in solidarity with Palestinians in Gaza who have been facing devastating Israeli aggression since October 7 which has killed close to 32,000 of them and injured over 72,000.

Ansar Allah has been a part of the regional Axis of Resistance against imperialist interventions and colonialism along with Iraqi resistance forces and Hezbollah in Lebanon. They have targeted Israel and US installations in the region in solidarity with Palestinians.

Al-Houthi asserted that the attacks carried out by the US and the UK on Yemen will not be able to deter the country from supporting Gaza. Those attacks have “one outcome, which is the widening of the conflict and war at the regional level” he said.

The US and the UK launched aerial strikes inside Yemen in December despite concerns that any such move will escalate the war in Gaza to the regional level. Since then, they have carried out over hundred of such attacks.

On Thursday, the US and the UK carried out a total of 11 airstrikes. According to Al-Mayadeen, Thursday’s attacks brings the total number of such airstrikes in Yemen to over 35 in just five days since the start of the month of Ramadan. Most of the airstrikes targeted the port city of Hodeidah. However, provinces such as Saada and Sanaa were also been targeted.

US and Israel linked ships and warships targeted

Al-Houthi claimed that at least 34 Yemenis have been killed in operations carried out in support of Gaza since November. He however asserted that Yemen will not be deterred and will continue to act in solidarity with Palestine.

He also stated that Yemeni Armed Forces have carried out at least 12 operations against ships and warships in the Red Sea, Arabian Sea, and Gulf of Aden region by launching 58 ballistic missiles, cruise missiles and drones in the past week. He added that the total number of ships and warships hit by Yemen since November has reached 73.

On Thursday, the UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) reported that it received reports of two more ships being attacked off the coast of Hodeidah with missiles. At least one of those two ships was damaged in the attack.

Al-Houthi also praised popular support for the Palestinian cause in Yemen and the large participation in the weekly million-person marches in solidarity with Palestinians. He appealed to the Yemeni people to participate in the next “million Yemeni march” organized across the country on Friday.

Al-Houthi criticized the role of most of the regional countries in the Israeli war in Gaza claiming apart from Iran, most others “did not take any serious practical stand” in support of Palestinian people.

Al-Houthi claimed that “the Israeli occupation is carrying out a crime of the century, with American participation and contribution” from other western countries. He termed the US airdropping of aid into Gaza “an insult” to Palestinians underlining how it has bypassed the official UN channels of aid.

Good.

I hope the Houthis give 'em hell and stop this genocide against the Palestinians!

Good.

I hope the Houthis give 'em hell and stop this genocide against the Palestinians!
Under no circumstances should you be lionizing the Houthis. You have several ways to oppose Israel's war and support Palestine without cheerleading an explicitly and self-declared genocidal and antisemitic organization like the Houthis.

This is the translated text of what appears on the Houthi banner:

"God is the Greatest
Death to America
Death to Israel
A Curse Upon the Jews
Victory to Islam"

The people they are "giving hell to" so far have been civilian shipments with multinational crews, including the Lebanese, who are also sympathetic to Palestine.

Never fall for the trap that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. All parties have their own goals and agendas, this is not a binary conflict with everyone working towards the same ends. We do not need to prop up the Houthis just because they are in opposition to Israel.

Under no circumstances should you be lionizing the Houthis. You have several ways to oppose Israel's war and support Palestine without cheerleading an explicitly and self-declared genocidal and antisemitic organization like the Houthis.

This is the translated text of what appears on the Houthi banner:

"God is the Greatest
Death to America
Death to Israel
A Curse Upon the Jews
Victory to Islam"

The people they are "giving hell to" so far have been civilian shipments with multinational crews, including the Lebanese, who are also sympathetic to Palestine.

Never fall for the trap that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. All parties have their own goals and agendas, this is not a binary conflict with everyone working towards the same ends. We do not need to prop up the Houthis just because they are in opposition to Israel.
There is nothing wrong with being anti-American as America is a white supremacist and genocidal nation-state (and especially anti-people-like-me) and should be dissolved with land given back to Indigenous nations.

Regardless, from what I understand from friends who are supporters of Ansar Allah and are in the region is that they're made up of multiple factions and are a heterogeneous movement. Of course, I may be mistaken as the words you quoted give me pause for thought.

I do not support them, but it would be best if they stopped arms shipments and I myself want to try and block arms shipments to Israel, even if I get arrested.

As someone that is Turkish, I grew up being sympathetic to Palestine and I am definitely sympathetic now.

I haven't heard of that banner. Which one? If what you say is true, then yes, they are anti-Semitic and I'll have to rethink what I said.

But I also do not see much of a solution.

I'm also Latino and the media lied about the U.S. invasion of the Dominican Republic and the ouster of Juan Bosch (now the media lies about Palestine or carries water for Israel). America and its vassal-states keep winning; we need to fight back somehow.

Thanks for trying to make me see reason, at least. The banner's words that you quoted are atrocious, of course.

Back
Top Bottom