• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Fire Emblem Engage |ST| Your Hidden Desire to Have Neon Joy-Con-Coloured Hair. Mark spoilers!

Well I was wrong as hell.

Now to bumrush the DLC to see if there's any special Emblem interactions like the first wave.

The fact that we get all the emblem heroes from dlc so fast tells me that this was in fact ready long ago lol.

I thought it was gonna be steadily dropped. Nah, it’s all here. Honestly makes the DLC pretty cool and the story Expansion looks like it’ll be some more fun gameplay.

Hector's map is the Berserker shrine, another great classic map.

Haven't gone in yet but it looks like Camilla's might be the Nohr underground. I don't recognize the volcano one as a place for Soren, so maybe the underground one is Soren's, though I also don't remember a volcano in Fates.
The Volcano is from Radiant Dawn I believe so has to be Soren.

I'll never understand how some people jump straight to Maddening despite the series history of Maddening and Lunatic being comical levels of bullshit. :p
Modern Fire Emblem games are not challenging enough on other difficulties imo, and maddening this time is easier and much better balanced than in the past (of course, I didn't know this going in, but I took the risk and told myself I'd just lower the difficulty if I needed to).

Yeah I don't think I got deep enough in Radiant Dawn to see it, but it is indeed Soren now that I've entered the map.
It’s funny Cause…why that map for Soren lol. Like I guess it was his idea in the game to escape through there (or I might be forgetting, might have been another character and IKE made the choice himself) but in Radiant Dawn he’s the tactician that leads the team to victory in a few chapters with his ideas. Think they could’ve picked a better map honestly.

Or just give me Elincia’s Gambit lol but I get why not that one. Soren doesn’t even participate in that chapter

The fact that we get all the emblem heroes from dlc so fast tells me that this was in fact ready long ago lol.

I thought it was gonna be steadily dropped. Nah, it’s all here. Honestly makes the DLC pretty cool and the story Expansion looks like it’ll be some more fun gameplay.
Checks out with what Emily said, that the game has been finished for a while, and it's a lot better this way imo too. Most of the time DLC comes out way after I'm already done with a game, and I don't bother going back

I'm honestly surprised that we not only got Wave 2 DLC shown (which I thought was fairly likely) but got it shadowdropped and got details and footage of waves 3 and 4. I wonder if we're gonna get a wave per month? So, Wave 3 in March and Wave 4 in April? If Nintendo still has the fabled June Direct despite allegedly skipping E3, then maybe we'll get the FE4 remake revealed if the Engage DLC is finished by then lol.

It’s funny Cause…why that map for Soren lol. Like I guess it was his idea in the game to escape through there (or I might be forgetting, might have been another character and IKE made the choice himself) but in Radiant Dawn he’s the tactician that leads the team to victory in a few chapters with his ideas. Think they could’ve picked a better map honestly.

Or just give me Elincia’s Gambit lol but I get why not that one. Soren doesn’t even participate in that chapter
Lyn's Paralogue map isn't even from her own game!

IYeah I don't think I got deep enough in Radiant Dawn to see it, but it is indeed Soren now that I've entered the map.
If it makes you feel better, I've played Radiant Dawn multiple times, including once in the last couple years and I completely forgot there was a volcano map, so this confused me too

I'm honestly surprised that we not only got Wave 2 DLC shown (which I thought was fairly likely) but got it shadowdropped and got details and footage of waves 3 and 4. I wonder if we're gonna get a wave per month? So, Wave 3 in March and Wave 4 in April? If Nintendo still has the fabled June Direct despite allegedly skipping E3, then maybe we'll get the FE4 remake revealed if the Engage DLC is finished by then lol.
The fact that we got a lot more info the expected and content released also tells me that the expansion stuff will be released all soon.

Maybe there is a Remake almost ready for release lol

I'm burned out after my 60+ hour adventure, but I might check out the DLC when the new story arrives.

A new class shows up as an enemy on Soren's map.

Enchanter, a Qi Adept that can use the Convoy. This class was datamined.

I am cautiously optimistic another entry (remake, port, whatever) is coming soon if we’re blitzing through the expansion like this. I’m also happy because I really only want that last wave and don’t want to mess with extra emblems until replays, so the sooner we get to the extra story the better.

I'm a little disappointed there isn't any new remixed music in the DLC so far, but it's fine. The Hector map is a lot more straight forward than the Tiki map for sure

Foe4pGGaEAATdbY

Clearly the reason we need outfits to be outside the somneil as well

I forgot they recast Camilla after Fates, I prefer her original voice, though I suppose this one sounds closer to her actual age.

Engage went back up to an 81 GIGACHAD

I'm not quite ready to touch the new DLC paralogues yet until I clear the Paralogues I've unlocked in the base game. I took care of Roy's tonight. It was generally easy with some challenging moments.

Started Chapter 20 and it's my favourite so far trying to figure out how to get out the 'traps' they pull on you.
Griss appearing out of nowhere to nuke Panette cracked me up because she always get picked on and lives (and she did again with like 10 HP!) Then Louis got warped into the shadow realm after taking a Griss HP bar and I had to rethink.

The new support feature in the Somniel is very powerful btw. I've unlocked the next conversation level more often than I haven't.

Engage went back up to an 81 GIGACHAD
Camilla gets shown in the dlc and the game instantly gets 1 point in the metacritic score.

It's kinda funny to contrast Pandreo and Bunet. The former is one of the best characters in the game: he has a strong backstory, his motivations and beliefs are clearly outlined, and he's just fun to be around. The latter is a walking trope, has very little depth, and is a potential threat to eat anything in the immediate vicinity at all times.

They're two of my favorites in the game, I won't lie.

He is my best performing unit and it's not close lol
I already knew that Jean was going to be my high priest, so I just benched him. I probably have more early game units in my team than later ones, honestly. I'm not using him or Bunet, just Fogado.

Pandreo is hilarious, and in general, he's easily the best mage in the game imo. He's basically the Kagetsu of mages lol. Definitely a great unit to have on your permanent team.

That said, on my own personal playthrough, I got really lucky with Clanne's magic level ups, (despite 10% growth) and after reclassing him into a Mage Knight, he's probably my best magic user, and best unit in general. He absolutely decimates enemies w/ Levin Sword and Bolganone. tbf, Bolganone is literally just a better Levin Sword, but the LS is my all-time favorite FE weapon so I'm biased and still use it haha.

Pandreo is hilarious, and in general, he's easily the best mage in the game imo. He's basically the Kagetsu of mages lol. Definitely a great unit to have on your permanent team.

That said, on my own personal playthrough, I got really lucky with Clanne's magic level ups, (despite 10% growth) and after reclassing him into a Mage Knight, he's probably my best magic user, and best unit in general. He absolutely decimates enemies w/ Levin Sword and Bolganone. tbf, Bolganone is literally just a better Levin Sword, but the LS is my all-time favorite FE weapon so I'm biased and still use it haha.
I... am not using Kagetsu, either. I am starting to regret my life choices, is he that good?

I... am not using Kagetsu, either. I am starting to regret my life choices, is he that good?
Unless you've been grinding or got incredibly lucky on level ups, he is by far the strongest unit you will have at the time you get him and he has overall the 4th or 5th best growths in the game so he will not slow down from there

Yeah, he's easily the best Sword Guy™ in the game, joins with pretty insane stats. Waaaaay better than Lapis and Diamant, who join just a few chapters earlier.

I like Lapis more than Kagetsu though, so she's actually better than Kagetsu now in my playthrough cuz I keep deploying her and feeding her kills due to bias lol

Unless you've been grinding or got incredibly lucky on level ups, he is by far the strongest unit you will have at the time you get him and he has overall the 4th or 5th best growths in the game so he will not slow down from there
Yeah, he's easily the best Sword Guy™ in the game, joins with pretty insane stats. Waaaaay better than Lapis and Diamant, who join just a few chapters earlier.

I like Lapis more than Kagetsu though, so she's actually better than Kagetsu now in my playthrough cuz I keep deploying her and feeding her kills due to bias lol
Interesting! Makes sense, but at the time I got him I didn't want to use any Advanced Class units yet since I hadn't promoted at all yet, so I stuck with my current team. It wasn't until later I branched out and used newer units. My current 'best sword unit' is Goldmary, she's ridiculous and I did eventually switch to her when I got annoyed at Diamant and Lapis having really bad level ups.

Actually my single best unit is Merrin, she's absurd. She has the highest stats of any character on my entire roster, even though she's like 3-4 levels below Alear.

Back
Top Bottom