• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (remake Part 2) launching Febuary 29th 2024, is the first PS5 game to use 2 disks.

The emphasis on exploration with the best combat system I've experienced in a JRPG...my god, this is going to be the greatest game ever isn't it?

I do wish they weren’t giving away some of the pacing and late game details in this previews. Though I’m sure it’s still going to be full of surprises.

Unless you really want to keep yourself away from any spoilers, warming up with OG isn’t a bad idea at all.
OG holds the heck up. Played through the entire thing with the kid last year, and he's been bothering me asking for another full playthrough ever since =P . It's excellently paced, narratively interesting and digestible with some great twists, has a Star Trek TNG quality cast of characters, the best video game OST ever made, and it's quite fun to play even if you're lukewarm on JRPGs in general.

The only thing holding it back is the wonky translation. Apparently there's a PC mod which greatly cleans it up though.

Also, as a bonus: going back and forth between the Remake and the OG is a lot of fun. The amount of love and care that's in FF7R is astounding.

As someone who isn't good with open world games, I'm a bit worried this will be too huge to enjoy for me.
Combat looks even better than in the first one and it reads as if they've done some adjustments big and small, basically building upon Remake and improving on it.

Really excited for this :D

Also: Do you reckon we'll get a demo like for the first one? 👀

Last edited:
If they went that hard on Wall Market in the first one, I cant imagine what they have in store for Golden Saucer.

And Cosmo Canyon too. Ooh The music alone

If it is on Switch 2 I think it'll be like 32GB on a cart and the other 75GB or whatever you have to download. Think people are just gonna have to get used to that kind of a setup. Devs are not even going to both trying to fit games onto the cartridge especially for monster games.
Then they will not get my money.

I’m so fucking excited for this, y’all.

Just from what we’ve seen of the game already looks right, but they’re saying all the right things in these interviews I’ve seen. They just sound like their priorities were in all the right places.

The focus on exploration and different ways to explore, optional stuff that can drastically increase playtime, conveying the sense of scale that VII’s map provided with seamlessness, the ability to return to areas freely instead of Remake’s extremely gated chapters…

I think it’s going to be an extremely full and varied experience in a way that FF hasn’t been in a looooong time

I love in the previews of the intro

there’s a regular SOLIDER there with Cloud, Sephiroth, and Tifa. And that SOLDIER is actually the real Cloud.

Of course with the timelines all crazy now, who knows?

Best Buy's preorder bonus steelbook for this is pretty fantastic:

6562241_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Square Enix really have a different PR strategy compared to Nintendo, compare the amount of info they give about their games before release vs what Nintendo usually does. Shows that SE really are desperate to gain as many preorders as possible for their AAA games.

Shows that SE really are desperate to gain as many preorders as possible for their AAA games.
It's not a SE thing, it's the same for all japanese game companies and especially during TGS. They all have a very different way of promoting their games compared to Nintendo, with lots of livestreams and interviews.

Square Enix really have a different PR strategy compared to Nintendo, compare the amount of info they give about their games before release vs what Nintendo usually does. Shows that SE really are desperate to gain as many preorders as possible for their AAA games.

Posted on the wrong forum?

Holy moly at the new TGS reveals. Please let this be the new template for the next mainline Final Fantasy.
Literally my first thought. Make a new game like this, new characters and setting but keep the combat and general tone. That'd be like the perfect direction for Final Fantasy to go in.

Someone posted a video of the TGS stream demo, but in English:

I am once again asking why it isn't February yet.

Loving the interactions in side quests (Red, when someone calls you a "good boy," you say "thank you.")

Last edited:
The free form exploration looks a bit janky at times; jumping around from rock to rock for instance. Clashes somewhat with the realistic visuals, I feel, but looks good otherwise.

I did like the menu style of Remake more, tho. When they open it up for the potion, it looks ... weird. A bit of a mess of blue, grey, black, and white. Minor complaints, admittedly.

The free form exploration looks a bit janky at times; jumping around from rock to rock for instance. Clashes somewhat with the realistic visuals, I feel, but looks good otherwise.

I did like the menu style of Remake more, tho. When they open it up for the potion, it looks ... weird. A bit of a mess of blue, grey, black, and white. Minor complaints, admittedly.
It reminds me of FFXV, although if I remember correctly, XV had a bit of lag when opening the menu, which does not seem to be present here. Perhaps it's a flex of the more advanced technology. I do think it looks a little odd, but I can see myself getting used to it very quickly.

Speaking of the menus though, it shows everyone as level 21, while the Junon area demo people played had the party at level 22. I seriously doubt you'll only gain one level between Kalm and the Junon area, so I'm betting these are specifically set levels for the demos. Makes me wonder what level we'll actually start at.

Of course I could be wrong and the exp curve is much slower now.

It reminds me of FFXV, although if I remember correctly, XV had a bit of lag when opening the menu, which does not seem to be present here. Perhaps it's a flex of the more advanced technology. I do think it looks a little odd, but I can see myself getting used to it very quickly.

Speaking of the menus though, it shows everyone as level 21, while the Junon area demo people played had the party at level 22. I seriously doubt you'll only gain one level between Kalm and the Junon area, so I'm betting these are specifically set levels for the demos. Makes me wonder what level we'll actually start at.

Of course I could be wrong and the exp curve is much slower now.
Probably. Or they purposely limited the demo for the difficulty to feel right during the demo

I was playing the OG FFVII yesterday and it got me thinking about how nice it will be to have the entire party together all the time.

When you get to Nibelheim, there are different reactions to seeing it completely unburned, but most of them boil down to "Cloud were you lying?" "I'm not lying!"

The one exception is Tifa, who will basically share Cloud's dismay and back his "it all burned" story up. The thing is, Cloud will still react with "I'm not lying!"

Now that the whole party will be there, the scene (and others like it) should be much better.

A thought came to my head id wanna know if someone has an idea. If games dont even run on the discs anymore, what does the second disc even do, a second download?

I really really need to get around to playing the Yuffie DLC soon. I want to have a bit of a break between the DLC and Rebirth. It’s not very long, is it? HLTB has it at like five hours. Also, is the Fort Condor game required? Because that doesn’t look like much fun to me.

I really really need to get around to playing the Yuffie DLC soon. I want to have a bit of a break between the DLC and Rebirth. It’s not very long, is it? HLTB has it at like five hours. Also, is the Fort Condor game required? Because that doesn’t look like much fun to me.
I think the game makes you play one match to introduce it, and I believe there's a reward for beating everyone (which is less than ten people), but otherwise it's not required for the main story.

I thought it was really fun though.

No. Fort Condor isn’t require. It’s okay but it’s just a mini game they introduce. I think they make you play it once for the game to continue. And then you can Choose to challenge others.

As for the game. It’s very short. I found it mediocre in the end actually. The writing was dumb too. But the voice acting was good. And looked nice visually. Same structure really of Remake. You just have to learn to use Yuffie’s weapons.

I didn't know Fort Condor was in Intergrade but I'm glad to know Square kept it true to its original form.

As for the game. It’s very short. I found it mediocre in the end actually. The writing was dumb too. But the voice acting was good. And looked nice visually. Same structure really of Remake. You just have to learn to use Yuffie’s weapons.
I thought the pacing of the levels was very good actually, and better than the main game.

This game is like the direction we wished FF went in back in the day before the fall.

Please give this same treatment to VI, VIII and IX! Even if it takes 20 years lol.

This game dude, it looks incredible. I rarely get excited about games nowadays but I'm going crazy for this one.

As a sidenote though I remain continually annoyed that Square are only uploading their trailers in 1080p. Game deserves better.

Trailer was great. I'm ready for the game now, don't need to see any more!

Is that actually supposed to be Aerith singing? It was just funny to me because it sounds nothing like her regulars VA.

Like when the one Warner Brothers frog just starts singing show stopping numbers beautifully out of nowhere.

This game will break the sub-90 Final Fantasy curse on Metacritic. I’m absolutely sure of it.
I really think it could, will probably come down to the story.

But personally - it feels weird for me to say for an FF game - but the story is pretty low priority for me on this one. Remake’s ending showed it’ll get balls to the wall crazy so my expectations are at “I could just as easily love or hate it”

Need those original locations and moments to be lovingly recreated, the world design and combat to be great, amazing visuals and OST, and just some memorable character moments and interactions and I’m fine with whatever fuckery they pull with the new story.

Back
Top Bottom