• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (remake Part 2) launching Febuary 29th 2024, is the first PS5 game to use 2 disks.

Hello, everyone:

A special short film for Rebirth is set to premiere with the film.
Placeholder listings have officially gone live for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete in the US. This includes websites like Fandango, AMC, Regal, and Atom Tickets. The film will air in the United States on February 21 in English (Dub) and February 22 in Japanese (Sub). An official announcement has yet to come from Square Enix. However, these listings confirm that we will see the film return to theaters in the West.

Definitely makes it seem like that movie is going to be important somehow.

I was planning on watching it for the first time anyways (as well as playing FF7 original and CC for the first time) before Rebirth comes out, but I'll probably just rent it on Amazon.

Didn't they confirm that the Remake trilogy
will lead-up to Advent Children?
Oh I'm not sure. It just seems like AC could have been something that didn't end up getting acknowledged but them releasing it this way might imply otherwise. SE is wild, though, so who knows.

I'm pretty sure some of the PR material talked about a character in Rebirth suffering from a mysterious disease. They're probably going to lean into geostigma in this game which will connect it to Advent Children.

FINAL FANTASY XV getting a movie prequel and a midquel Animé is one thing, but FFVII Rebirth grabbing an old movie and re-releasing it is just wow

Mid: make a movie and animé alongside the game
Peak: re-release an old movie with the game

I don't like Advent Children at all but anything that brings more exposure to Rebirth is fine by me

Did anyone else watch that SoP? I am totally speechless. I think this game has potential to be the greatest game ever

I dipped when they started spoiling too much but the amount of content in the game seems absurd, not shying away from any of the silly stuff either. Really really excited.

I got an email that the game shipped yesterday and I checked the tracking today and it says it's going to arrive this Saturday the 17th. I'm freaking out, y'all. Anyone else experience this? I ordered from the official SQEX store, btw.

I got an email that the game shipped yesterday and I checked the tracking today and it says it's going to arrive this Saturday the 17th. I'm freaking out, y'all. Anyone else experience this? I ordered from the official SQEX store, btw.
And here I ordered from Amazon like a sucker. Very jealous of you, haha.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this game will be worth playing- I really regretted paying full price for the first remake, with all of its hollow/questionable additions, and outright lameness, felt like a solid 6/10 title, its best parts propped up solely by thin nostalgia- (scratch that, the dance sequence was the best, but excluding that) but perhaps if they tone down the plot swerves and my friend pays for it I'll check it out. 😆 I haven't even bothered to check out the Yuffie DLC even though it's sitting on my friend's Steam account, waiting for me to download and try, that's how soured I was on the experience, just a whole lot of "eh, okay, whatever".

Glad people are experiencing such a cool story though, always always always loved the idea of Lifestream and fighting for the planet as a bunch of magical quasi-alien eco-terrorists.

I might suggest a spoiler thread to both quarantine spoilers there and let people openly talk about them (I haven't read any myself).

Hot Take:

Remember how Yuffie and Vincent were optional in the original game, to the point that most people probably missed them on their first playthroughs? And remember how the main story and party were much more tightly written without them? Remember how they only really contributed to their one off side quests?

Well, if the developers of VII:Re are brave, they'd cut Yuffie and Vincent from the main party and leave them as side episode protagonists, or side characters.

Yes, I know that most people in this thread will respond poorly to this idea. But good writing is more important than fan service.

WARNING: The New York Times has posted an article containing spoilers
*for the original game, at least.
“I felt it was imperative for us to show the gravity and rawness of loss,” said Tetsuya Nomura, the Square Enix director responsible for developing the traumatizing scene.
“In many dramas, there is often this crescendo of conversation between characters before a loss occurs,” he said through an interpreter. “But doing it this way, the loss would have felt too contrived. I wanted to express a loss where one felt there was so much more to talk about. You wanted to speak with her, but she is no longer there.”

Nomura, who also created the Kingdom Hearts series, has returned as a creative director on a trilogy that is remaking Final Fantasy VII for a new generation. Its second installment, Rebirth, will be released for the PlayStation 5 on Feb. 29 and is expected to end with the climactic death — or rescue? — of Aerith.

they even included a video of the scene in question, with an explanation of how the scene uses camera angles to make it more emotionally powerful.
for the record, I’d imagine most people already know about this scene in question. and the article is interesting as it demonstrates the sheer cultural impact the game has had in the years since release. with interviews from various scholars and game devs influenced by it.

Hot Take:

Remember how Yuffie and Vincent were optional in the original game, to the point that most people probably missed them on their first playthroughs? And remember how the main story and party were much more tightly written without them? Remember how they only really contributed to their one off side quests?

Well, if the developers of VII:Re are brave, they'd cut Yuffie and Vincent from the main party and leave them as side episode protagonists, or side characters.

Yes, I know that most people in this thread will respond poorly to this idea. But good writing is more important than fan service.
Personally I'd like to see them integrate both characters better! I love my stupid Vampire friend and do not want to lose him.

Back
Top Bottom