• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Final Fantasy VII Rebirth demo (Nibelheim flashback) out now. New demo containing open world portion out later.

Irene

Soar long!
Pronouns
She/Her

Just announced at the end of the State of Play. I know the game is out soon and that most of us are already sold and stuff, but my head is spinning, I'm hyped out of my goddamn mind.

I’m not exaggerating when I say this game has potential to be my favorite game of all time.

Not play either nor will I be watching anymore trailers because I know I'm just going to get the game Day 1. It's so close so I might as well enjoy the whole experience at once.

I'll play the demo but will also start over on the 29th instead of skipping the opening episode haha

The ST is ready to go alongside reviews dropping on the 22nd.

Be strong. Be strong. Be strong. Hoooooold

Not play either nor will I be watching anymore trailers because I know I'm just going to get the game Day 1. It's so close so I might as well enjoy the whole experience at once.
Right there with ya pal. I gotta resist watching the SoP, not gonna watch any more trailers, not playing these demos. Give me the full game!

I would, but I would also have to buy a monitor. My living situation won't be stable for a while.
maybe a PS Portal as an addition though it suddenly becomes very expensive. I suspect it will be on PC this year sometime so it won't be as long a wait as it has been previously if you have a steam deck or something like that

I am a good bit into the demo. To me it really feels like graphically some corners had to be cut just to get this game running on PS5. It reminds me of when FF7 launched on PS4 where it looked good but once you really looked at certain details you saw just how low res some of the textures and effects were. Something exactly like that feels like it is going on here... I am very curious how the PC version ends up looking in comparison to this. Timed exclusivity is only 3 months this time and the game launched on PC pretty much exactly the moment exclusivity was up on the PS5 version of FF7R.

I’m not even excited to want to play the demo.

Cause it’s day 1 for me and I am looking forward to the whole experience. Plus I’m off when it releases so a full on binge session🤗

I cannot stress enough how incredible that state of play was. Jaw dropped multiple times at the barrage of different mini games they showed, scope and variety of the world, 400+ music tracks, unique field abilities, synergy stuff.

They might have actually done it. This game could get Final Fantasy back up there with the big dogs again. I am so unbelievably excited.

What kind of sick freak is going to spoil their experience with this demo?! It's only a few weeks!

I am going to spend approximately a million hours on this piano mini game. It’s like a mini Theatrhythm inside FF7.

I refuse to spoil myself by watching this, but going by the previous trailer that I watched part of, and the general hype this is looking like easy GOTY at the moment

Unless I'm forgetting something, it doesn't seem like there's a ton of competition right now. I have to imagine some heavy hitters will get announced for 2024 before long, but for the time being it's looking kinda free...

I want to play this game but I am already locked in to play Unicorn Overlord day one and I’d only have a couple days open for this, so I think it’s going to have to wait.

So I will be eagerly reading all the spoiler-free reactions to the inevitable madness!

Demo is great and definitely a meaty section - between one to two hours. Note: The spoilery af trailer plays after you finish the demo if you are trying to avoid it

I’m beyond excited to play this after work. Damn. DAMN.

This is precisely, exactly, what I had in mind when I envisioned how this would turn out back in 2015, and what I’m seeing now feels like “The Mad Lads Did It: The Game”. They’ve actually gone ahead and put all efforts possible into making this dream project bloom true.

Not only does this look like it could be one of the best Final Fantasy games of all time, it literally looks like the biggest and most extensive game I’ve ever seen. I’ve played games with massive worlds before (Red Dead Redemption 2) which I’ve sunk hundreds of hours into (Xenoblade Chronicles X) but FFVII Rebirth seems to just go way beyond them when it comes to sheer breadth, scope, variety and content, whether we’re talking world, story or side activities.

Damn. Damn. Daaaaaaamn.

They're being much cheekier about certain hints in this version of the segment. I'm glad I played through Crisis Core and the original segment before this.

Stopped watching a few minutes in but this looks absolutely wild. Won't get to it until I've played FFXVI but I'm excited.

I also was surprised and delighted when they straight up said how far the game would go in terms of how much/how long of the original it would cover. This has been at the forefront of many people’s mind I suppose, but I’m so stoked about the game’s scope when it comes to the story.

I'm not particularly fond of FF7(remake or otherwise), but seeing the reactions online made me take a look at the State of Play and it really impressed me how much stuff they crammed into this game in ~4 years of development time.

Didn't grow up with FFVII and didn't like the Remake, but Rebirth is dazzling to look at, that's for certain! Me watching that SoP:
LdCkoVp.gif

Also, let’s hear it for them straight up showing

Temple of the ancients

Which has been my most anticipated thing to experience in this entire remake project.

I haven’t felt that sense of sheer wonder in a game trailer since TotK’s final trailer.

Why am I still at work?

Last edited:
I'm blown away with what they've seemingly put together in 4 years here. Looks beautiful, sounds great, very content rich judging from the trailers, whimsical parts of the game are still all there and then some. The issues I had with the combat system of 7R (which I thought was very good already) look to be mostly addressed. Peak Final Fantasy.

Fun demo, it was very buggy for me. I think my download may have been corrupted because its more stable now after a re-download, but it was literally crashing every 5 minutes and the screen would turn bright white

I am a good bit into the demo. To me it really feels like graphically some corners had to be cut just to get this game running on PS5. It reminds me of when FF7 launched on PS4 where it looked good but once you really looked at certain details you saw just how low res some of the textures and effects were. Something exactly like that feels like it is going on here... I am very curious how the PC version ends up looking in comparison to this. Timed exclusivity is only 3 months this time and the game launched on PC pretty much exactly the moment exclusivity was up on the PS5 version of FF7R.
I don’t know if corners had to be cut to get it running on ps5 per se, I think it’s more a case of them trying to get it out in under 4 years. I mean huge last gen open world games like ac origins, odyssey, valhalla, and ghosts of Tsushima, even 2014’s infamous second son have higher quality asset work than this.

I also think it may be budget related as well. We saw all the area’s in final fantasy xvi that screamed “we are saving our budget for the big moments!!” It might be the same thing here.

Didn't grow up with FFVII and didn't like the Remake, but Rebirth is dazzling to look at, that's for certain!
I have a bit of the same problem. The remake seems to have been made for people who played the original and not for new audiences, because of this I feel like getting this game would be like starting a story in the middle, specially after the final events of the remake

I never played the original, only played the remake full a couple of months ago and I'm looking forward very much to this.
However, no demos for me, I know I want it so prefer to go in cold.

Also, let’s hear it for them straight up showing

Temple of the ancients

Which has been my most anticipated thing to experience in this entire remake project.

I haven’t felt that sense of sheer wonder in a game trailer since TotK’s final trailer.

Why am I still at work?
Damnit.

Now I'm going to watch this trailer.

This trilogy is going to make me cry.

Back
Top Bottom