• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News FANTASY LIFE i: The Girl Who Steals Time announced for Nintendo Switch (UPDATE: release date trailer, coming October 10th)

Oh this looks so good! Farmer makes a lot of sense as a new life, they even had the farm in the first game that didn't get much use lol still hoping for that WW release this year

Not much shown but what is shown looks alright! they've piqued my interest. If they pull of a nice loop like they did with the past games I will pick this one up for sure.

WHAT? So was it a mistranslation, or was Hino trolling, and the other new Life is definitely Postman?

(See: Level-5 President Talks About Upcoming Games)

Two new jobs will be included in the game, but no further details were given about them. However, Hino confirmed that these two unknown jobs are not Farmer and Postman, which were created exclusively for Fantasy Life Online.

Apparantly the jobs Farmer and Postman are not new so they'll be in the game but these are not the new-new jobs.

Buuuut I played Fantasy Life Online (both Jap and worldwide release) and you can trust me there were no Postman and/or Farmer at all...

So I dug a little further and I have found some people talking about a pre-release build of Fantasy Life Online where there were jobs like Pilot, Postman and Farmer as well.

So this might be it, we might actually be getting 4 new jobs then?!

Here is a link to read about these apparant scrapped jobs

Oh hey, I just remembered a few more things.

* There was a bonus game added to the fourth Professor Layton game called London Life, which may have been a precursor of sorts to Fantasy Life. Professor Layton is also developed by Level-5.

* Fantasy Life was originally supposed to be a DS game, but it was moved to the 3DS. An image of the DS game is in the sidebar. You can probably find more info and images via Google search.

* Level-5 was developing an MMORPG called True Fantasy Live Online for the Microsoft Xbox Live service. The game was ultimately cancelled in 2004, but it may have had some influence on Fantasy Life. Of course we'll never know for sure, but you can judge for yourself by looking up Youtube videos of True Fantasy Live Online; the similarities are noticeable.

* You already know about the 8 jobs that were cut. Here are some old discussions about it here and here.

Hopefully those will help you. Post the video here once you upload it! :D

So this might be it, we might actually be getting 4 new jobs then?!
That would be fantastic if so, but yeah it's pretty obvious playing the original that Farmer was scrapped pretty late into it, there's multiple large farms placed with equal importance to the other Life Master bases but serve no real purpose, and there's kinda a hole in the design where woodcutter feeds into carpenter and miner into blacksmith but there's no equivalent for food items.

But it's still a confusing statement given the context of this screen.

screen-shot-2023-03-09-at-51920-am.png

But this could simply be an early build, or perhaps we're getting even more than that and it scrolls to yet more rows.

That would be fantastic if so, but yeah it's pretty obvious playing the original that Farmer was scrapped pretty late into it, there's multiple large farms placed with equal importance to the other Life Master bases but serve no real purpose, and there's kinda a hole in the design where woodcutter feeds into carpenter and miner into blacksmith but there's no equivalent for food items.

But it's still a confusing statement given the context of this screen.

screen-shot-2023-03-09-at-51920-am.png

But this could simply be an early build, or perhaps we're getting even more than that and it scrolls to yet more rows.

If this is their way to build hype, conscious or not... I am liking it! But it remains vague so I'll not get my hopes up yet. The image you show makes it all the more weird.

Is this game still a pseudo-mmo. singleplayer style.
Hopefully it'll be deeper than the last one. Not just new enemies and world kinda thing.

All these titles looks greats. Big shame there are no concrete release dates for any of them

Is this game still a pseudo-mmo. singleplayer style.
Hopefully it'll be deeper than the last one. Not just new enemies and world kinda thing.

Watching the new trailer instead of pseudo-mmo it seems to have shifted more towards animal-crossing island life

Welp, they lost a customer then lol
The exact structure of this game is still fairly uncertain, however from what I've been seeing out of TGS footage there are new town building and customization features, but to me they still seem to fit into about the same gameplay loop as the original, venturing out in unique designed locations to gather resources and battle monsters then returning to your home base.

The exact structure of this game is still fairly uncertain, however from what I've been seeing out of TGS footage there are new town building and customization features, but to me they still seem to fit into about the same gameplay loop as the original, venturing out in unique designed locations to gather resources and battle monsters then returning to your home base.

Are there other towns (aside from the one you build) and biomes like in the original. I haven’t seen much of that in the TGS info and that is my primary worry.

I honestly cannot believe that we got out of TGS without Level 5 announcing dates for anything, and even funnier still keeping the 2023 window.

It's either an insane power move or insane mismanagement. I hope it's the former so that I can play this game sooner.

I honestly cannot believe that we got out of TGS without Level 5 announcing dates for anything, and even funnier still keeping the 2023 window.

It's either an insane power move or insane mismanagement. I hope it's the former so that I can play this game sooner.
Feels like a case of mismanagement. I’ll be very surprised if Layton comes out in 2024 at this point

I wonder if Nobuo Uematsu will compose the OST for this FantasyLife.

The overworld theme of the first game is stuck in my head.

Let them take their time. Fantasy Life was one of my comfort games. I want them to get this right LOL

Yeah, that nebulous 2024 says to me it needs a lot more time. I don’t expect it til next fall at the earliest

I'm still waiting for some environment variety. Everything shown in trailers so far looks to be the same green grassy area.

the trailer focused on the visual upgrade, but it more went from DS-looking game to 3DS-looking game. not the most impressive bump in visuals when the shading looks rather poor. everything looks so plastic and with no texture

the trailer focused on the visual upgrade, but it more went from DS-looking game to 3DS-looking game. not the most impressive bump in visuals when the shading looks rather poor. everything looks so plastic and with no texture
Yeah, they went with a safe and probably budget friendly visual style. But it also looks pretty comparable to Animal Crossing NH for example. Not much worse from this footage.

It seems these games are taking longer than expected, thats okay, love me some level-5 games. And this will give me more time play the first one again

My sister just texted me a bunch of excited images and the date Oct. 10, so it's clear the news reached her lol.

The first Fantasy Life was her most played game on the 3DS and she has been really anticipating this new entry.

Woof that’s quite a delay, but hopefully it’s for the best! I still have a digital 3ds copy I’ve never so much as booted up so plenty of time to see what it’s all about

"We already have a date in mind internally but don't want to reveal so we don't have to delay the game again" lmao

What if it was supposed to come out next week but that pesky girl stole so much time next week ended up being October

Back
Top Bottom