• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sales Data Famitsu Sales: Week 10, 2024 (Mar. 4-10)

They were forced to touch up their previous forecast due to be already at 13.74M after the first three quarters which left only 1.26M to match their previous annual forecast, 1.26M is a very low amount even for a soft quarter like Q4.
Howerver they specified they left their initial internal forecast for FYQ4 unchanged.
IMO the full year result could hit around 16M (beating the upped forecast of 15.50M).
Nintendo increased their forecast just because 3rd quarter is better than their estimation. 4th quarter estimation is still remain the same as before.
Ah gotcha, i didn't know. Interesting.

Thanks for the clarification.

Its just par for the course, even with the Switch turning 8 years by now a lot of games continue to skip a Switch release, and not just the AAA games. It seems incredibly weird and doesn't fill anyone with confidence that the Switch 2 will get much more third party support, because for many studios they don't seem to want to put the effort into making a port of their games to a Nintendo system, and just want to focus on the trifecta of PS, PC and Xbox. Could be that the Switch 2 will be mostly a indie machine just like Switch 1 was.
because the Switch is very underpowered, and ports aren't worth the time and effort, especially when you can focus on getting Switch 2 ports ready to sell in it's first year and get early adopter money. if studios could easily do switch ports of big games, they would!

This whole FF7 Rebirth thing has me changing my mind on Visions of Mana skipping base Switch. Honestly, I get why they wanted to go for more powerful hardware and I'm sure they expected Switch 2 to be ready for the game's launch but yikes. A late-port will do okay at the end of the day but ehhhh. Hopefully WW sales will still be good enough.
if the square enix braintrust was really riding on the switch 2 releasing so that visions of mana would not giga bomb in japan then who the fuck is making these porting decisions. why would you put all of your eggs on a still not solid release date

if the square enix braintrust was really riding on the switch 2 releasing so that visions of mana would not giga bomb in japan then who the fuck is making these porting decisions. why would you put all of your eggs on a still not solid release date
We don't have S-E's perspective, but until 1-2 months ago everyone seemed to think 2024 was solid.

They were fine risking it, lmao I don't know! You'd hope they had, at the very least, thought about doing something with Nintendo's next-gen platform when it was instrumental in Trials of Mana's sales.

It's not the smartest decision honestly. They might be hoping for a Tales of Arise moment but this is not the game that can replicate that. At least it doesn't seem to be. Established JRPG-franchise now with actually modern anime visuals on multiple platforms is not a novel concept anymore.

It could be that they think Visions of Mana will sell fine on the Switch 2 even if its a late port long after the original release of the game. After all its likely that most third party Switch 2 titles will be late ports, i don't think the Switch 2 will get many day and date releases with Xbox and PS, companies will make games to PS5 and Xbox and then make a later port 1-2 years after for the Switch 2 in general.

It could be that they think Visions of Mana will sell fine on the Switch 2 even if its a late port long after the original release of the game. After all its likely that most third party Switch 2 titles will be late ports, i don't think the Switch 2 will get many day and date releases with Xbox and PS, companies will make games to PS5 and Xbox and then make a later port 1-2 years after for the Switch 2 in general.
I mean while it may be fine it will definitely be a missed opportunity for them. Late ports only do so well compared to day/date. If SE isn’t careful then we may be looking at another Sakura Wars.

It's not something anyone would usually bring up, but it's nonetheless assuring that NDcube's releases are constantly being charted, given how much they are usually looked down upon due to mainly making party games (something hardcore players generally hardly care about).

Thank you for reading.
They're low-key one of the best assets Nintendo has lol

Back
Top Bottom