• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Site Event Famiboards Pride Event

Much love to Suswave, TC and Zellia ❤️

Quick-ish rookie run to minimize frustration. First time 100% Dread since the first time I beat it:
30 tapes = completed every challenge on every level. If there's an easier way to show you got S-K-A-T-E on every level in THPS1, I couldn't find it:

I've recruited Vivian!
bAIH1iV.jpeg

Full disclosure: For "#47 Onward," I used my usual Switch profile, but for "Unconscience" I created a new save file so that I could screenshot the post-tutorial cutscene
Khox9Ff.jpeg

58rAvD3.jpeg

bYMO7BZ.jpeg

I pretty much stopped doing these events for personal reasons, but i feel like i should at least participate in this one due to being openly bisexual.
i also noticed the news about 2 of the admins (and SusWave, developer of Grögol Bonanza) dropping out, and i really hope they're doing okay.
Express Yourself (& Capture the Flag)
YyvXSLm.jpeg
vIrRhzQ.png

Tell Me Why probably would have been the most accessible option due to consistently going free during Pride Month, but i had a physical Xbox copy of Life Is Strange 2 lying around for a while. so i decided to go with that game.
my prior experience with the series was completing Before The Storm a few years ago, which i liked. but i found the post-credits scene so upsetting that i've refused to play the original game ever since. i was happy to see the romantic relationship between Chloe & Rachel and was very peeved to learn that LiS1 unavoidably kills Rachel off.

thankfully 2 is a bit better with that, and Arthur & Stanley, bearers of the LGBT flag i took a screenshot of. get a peaceful life after their initial struggles.

Your Best Worst Nightmare
SKZY9AO.png

this was something i was always planning to play when it launched, so i didn't really need the badge for encouragement.
while it's not pictured. i ended up getting a total of 38 Insight. with the problem points being that i failed to get 1st place in the inital race, and struggling heavily with the portal mechanics of Nichola's boss fight.

Bisexual Lighting
M37KMGy.jpeg

the Album Arcade is unlocked by finishing the game once, so it wasn't too difficult to get a screenshot of.

So Long, Gay Bowser
8vDEDtI.jpeg

Fight Back!

bxU9Jyk.png

this took a while to decide what game to play that fits the objective, but i was eventually able to find Brawlout. which features the protagonist of Dead Cells (who is described using gender neutral terms, and has a wide variety of body types in their source game.) as a playable character.

Scratching an Itch (& From Queer Creators, with Love)
(direct link to the screenshot, as it's basically a spoiler.)

looking through my Itch library, i found a very unusual game called Pagan: Autogeny. about a fictional abandoned MMO with noticeable LGBT themes. (gender_magick)

i searched through the world, collecting various tarot cards and body parts. before finally finding a torso.
i attached the body parts i grabbed to the torso before leaving the area. which caused a random figure (the one in the screenshot) to appear in the sky alongside light in the shape of the cross, with the screen violently shaking as loud rumbling played in the background, before eventually crashing with a "Martyr remains restrained" error message.

after taking a few moments to process what the hell just happened, researching the game further lead me to discover that i had pretty much gotten the bad ending. with the other routes being using a world card to break the Maytr's restraints, or using a very hidden (as in, literally noclipping out of the world by exploiting a physics bug) tarot card to access a secret maze.

I haven't been playing games because of mental health issues but I hope Suswave, Tangerine and Zellia are doing well. I really do! Just know you're appreciated by so many of us

Don't know exactly how these events work since I'm still new here but I noticed a Metroid thing in there and figured it was a good opportunity to replay Metroid II and also make sure my n3DS still held a charge. Really sucked getting to the end and finding out I was missing one tank but it was easy enough to figure out where it was.

NGCjTsz.jpeg

Marisa from Streets (TM)
Pm3S33G.jpeg

KUp9lc6.jpeg

Sephiroth from Finals (TM)
WeF82X3.jpeg

CD5fJv1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom