• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Site Event Famiboards Pride Event

Definitely a few here I think I'll be able to do, but for now just to start off

I heard you wanted pictures, pictures of Spider-Man flags

...oh damn, do I need to replay four chapters of TTYD for the Viv badge?! I can't just post a screenie of my Crystal Stars collected? Oh bother. I'm not even finished my first playthrough. ๐Ÿ˜…

I assume that would still count, yeah! But I'd wait until Sus confirms it just in case.

Mostly because that was what I was going to post too.

I really want the Vivian badge.
hey you created the event too

I'm waaaaaaay outta my depth, I just made the badges and the post because I wasn't sure who else wanted to do what!!

I'm pretty sure anyone in that event chat can choose appropriately โ€” or, if you're unsure, maybe consult with @VolcanicDynamo?

I'm definitely projecting the image of having it together when I certainly don't! team effort!! we've got this!

I'm definitely projecting the image of having it together when I certainly don't!
75.jpg

...oh damn, do I need to replay four chapters of TTYD for the Viv badge?! I can't just post a screenie of my Crystal Stars collected? Oh bother. I'm not even finished my first playthrough. ๐Ÿ˜…
hey you created the event too

I'm waaaaaaay outta my depth, I just made the badges and the post because I wasn't sure who else wanted to do what!!

I'm pretty sure anyone in that event chat can choose appropriately โ€” or, if you're unsure, maybe consult with @VolcanicDynamo?

I'm definitely projecting the image of having it together when I certainly don't! team effort!! we've got this!
I'm still drafting the Picture Proof, but I was thinking something as simple as "Show Vivian in your party after Chapter 4" or "Show some Proof of you finishing Chapter 4" would count. Just gotta show that you finished the Chapter in some form!

By the way, for folks going for the Vivian badge: you can also do the challenge on the GameCube version!

This, to me, feels the most appropriate as proof for finishing Chapter 4. See if you can spot me in this pic!
PXL_20240602_232131848.jpg

Last edited:
also if any mod or anyone on staff wants to use the rainbow Fami logo for the site... it's all yours!

I'm still drafting the Picture Proof, but I was thinking something as simple as "Show Vivian in your party after Chapter 4" or "Show some Proof of you finishing Chapter 4" would count. Just gotta show that you finished the Chapter in some form!

By the way, for folks going for the Vivian badge: you can also do the challenge on the GameCube version!
I think people were asking, if they have been playing the Remake since it came out and they got Vivian in May are they still allowed to share a picture and get the badge. I finished Chapter 4 on May 31st for example.

I think people were asking, if they have been playing the Remake since it came out and they got Vivian in May are they still allowed to share a picture and get the badge. I finished Chapter 4 on May 31st for example.
Yes! I'm pretty sure that still counts, for our purposes.

Cool! Iโ€™m planning to do a few challenges at least. Thanks for putting together an awesome event :)
I have to insist that credit go to @VolcanicDynamo and @Leo for starting it โ€” as well as @Clov, @Phosphorescent Skeleton, @Tangerine_Cookie, and @Zellia for bringing it together!

I stepped in around the middle and ended up heading up design and prose โ€” and definitely added a bunch of my own badges โ€” but none of this would have happened without them!

Amazing event @Suswave! Really great work. The sheer variety of badges here is incredible :D I'll try and get a few of them, at least; maybe even more!

I've got some suggestions for some asexual-related badges! I'd be fine even making the badges myself, if I got the template for them :)

Party with Parvati
Come out as asexual to fellow Ace, Parvati, in 'The Outer Worlds'

A Match Made in SpAce
Finish Parvati's questline in 'The Outer Worlds'

What's Black, Grey, White, and Purple all over?
Finish a level in 'De Blob 1 or 2' using mostly Purple paint.

I Don't Want to be Horny Anymore, I Just Want to Conquer the Earth!
Starting as an asexual ruler, conquer another country in 'Crusader Kings 3'

Unequivocally, Unilaterally, Undeniably Better than Sex
In any game that has it as an item, acquire a piece of garlic bread

The Ace of Spades and Clubs and Diamonds and Hearts...
Get a hand with all 4 Aces in Balatro

Don't know if these are all possible, but they're all that I can really think of when it comes to actual ace representation/plays on some of the big asexual memes.
these are fantastic! I need a breather after the grind of making like all of these badges in fewer than three days, but... I think I can cook these up!

Itch.io Games New
Realizing some of you might not be familiar with Itch.io โ€” so I'm including a link there just in case!

It's basically Bandcamp but for games from small developers. Lots of excellent queer content!

and, speaking of...

this is also where the little demo of my game, Grรถgol Bonanza, lives โ€” and you can earn a whole bunch of badges just by messing around in it! because I have been given horrible and unyielding power!! and may need to be defeated at a later date if I continue to relish it!!!

For a recommendation I guess a badge could exist for The House In Fata Morgana. When you learn the backstory of main character that I shall not name for spoilers reasons.

You already know I'll be using a bunch of Octopath 2 items to prove my eventual picture.

Pretty cool idea!

Sadly, as with most of the other events, i don't think i have the time to take part. But i wish everyone participating one hell of a good time.

Amazing, amazing event and kudos deluxe to all involved in making it!

I'm totally aiming for finishing a game, with the game being If Found...

Haven't heard of it? Gosh, y'all sleeping.

This is amazing. There are almost too many options to know where to get started. Bravo on the breadth snd depth of the event.

Question: Whatโ€™s the โ€œrecencyโ€ in some of these. Like for Mario 64, if we completed that for VDs Mario Badges, does that count? Or do we need new play throughs? Or did some 100% runs in the Metroid challenge. I know we are usually honor system on the badges and proof, but just want to be consistent with intent of the challenges.

Also it is so cool that we are making badges for games/creative works designed by Fami members. Shows how talented the community is.

This is amazing. There are almost too many options to know where to get started. Bravo on the breadth snd depth of the event.

Question: Whatโ€™s the โ€œrecencyโ€ in some of these. Like for Mario 64, if we completed that for VDs Mario Badges, does that count? Or do we need new play throughs? Or did some 100% runs in the Metroid challenge. I know we are usually honor system on the badges and proof, but just want to be consistent with intent of the challenges.

Also it is so cool that we are making badges for games/creative works designed by Fami members. Shows how talented the community is.
I'll leave that to an expert like @VolcanicDynamo โ€” but I think if you did something within the last month, and can backtrack enough to get a screenshot of it... it still counts

Welp first challenge done

whToK7B.jpeg

1bkF0Op.jpeg

โ€œWait is that a deformed cutesy Lady Demitrescu and Albert Wesker?โ€ Yeah, yeah it is.

Entry for Horse Can Work This:

BdBN45G.png

eNw0MCt.png

Entry for No Cops At Pride:

From turning in item 11 out of 12...

VFT2F16.png

and after talking to Grunt after item 12 is collected... (this is the only one you really need btw, anything from this sequence will do)

pBmakNf.png

But Super Mario 64 wasn't part of the Super Mario All-Stars Celebration Event. ๐Ÿค”

entry for Breaking the Loop
Reach the True Ending in Gnosia.
ajDIeWQ.png

need to get the true ending to get this title screen. it's scrollable left or right so I scrolled all the way left just to make it a bit unique and for a clearer shot of Setsu and Raqio

entry for Out of the Shadows
Complete Chapter 4 of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
MCT3woj.png

Please accept this distance shot of Mario and Vivian's romantic boat ride

Sus I'm worried there aren't enough badges
well... we had 40-something, then decided to push it to 50, and then I saw that @VolcanicDynamo's last event had the record high at 60...

and um. I uh. I got carried away.

plus I kept having funny ideas

(@BozPaggs โ€“ E tank was ALL YOU and you better believe the THPS T was my counterbalance!)

Last edited:
well... we had 40-something, then decided to push it to 50, and then I saw that @VolcanicDynamo 's last event had the record high at 60...

(@BozPaggs โ€“ E tank was ALL YOU and you better believe the THPS T was my counterbalance!)
Huh
I woulda put money on the badge count of 64 being something @VolcanicDynamo chose from the beginning

Speaking of the badges, it's nice to see the community continuing to put that system to use. I can't tell you how many times I've been on forums with similar systems, and they are all gung-ho in the beginning, then a couple years later the staff are like "what badge system?".

Awesome event, so many badges, where to even start? @_@

Had two random Pokemon ideas for badges, but feel free to disregard them if some cooler queer games need the space:

• [Couldn't Think of a Punny Title] - Catch or Evolve a Shiny Sylveon in any Pokemon game.
  • The Rainbow Pokemon - Catch a Ho-Oh in any Pokemon game.

well... we had 40-something, then decided to push it to 50, and then I saw that @VolcanicDynamo's last event had the record high at 60...

I had an inkling as soon as I saw the T ๐Ÿ˜‚

Speaking of the badges, it's nice to see the community continuing to put that system to use. I can't tell you how many times I've been on forums with similar systems, and they are all gung-ho in the beginning, then a couple years later the staff are like "what badge system?".
Famicoins say hi!

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Cashing in on quite a few at once; been going through a few games I already had installed on Switch (and one spare on PC):
  • Capture the Flag
  • Out of the Shadows
  • Together Alone
  • Strawb GET! (does this count for From Queer Creators, with Love too? i'll be playing more later in the month anyway if it doesn't)
  • Unconscience (didn't newly complete the tutorial for this challenge, but I did a new run for the following; do all three still count)
  • #47 Onward
  • #9 Party
vODbcf6.png
euY3C35.png
Bbh6xWf.png
fpaOAvn.png
ortvQG7.png
XBqNhwb.png

Good opportunity to replay Chicory later this month; don't think my playthrough on PC years ago will count, but I rebought it on Switch during a sale so i've been waiting for the opportunity anyway. I'll be making plenty of time for smaller indie games on Itch too!

Yay! Happy Pride everyone! ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€โšง๏ธ ๐Ÿ’— ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ :giggle:

I wanna claim the Out of the Shadows badge! I hope this picture of Big Vivian will suffice:

PXL_20240603_073749863.jpg

Pretty lucky that I was already playing a bunch of games that qualify for these event. Here are the badges I'm going for (Uh, I may have forgotten to rotate the images):

3QHi2xL.jpg

KqGtiHk.jpg

TYVXlMg.jpg
tF4Q7OB.jpg

OzYcUNG.jpg
puS7n3u.jpg

K9ZtR2z.jpg
GsHrleZ.jpg

U5J00jI.jpg
kfvgMHz.jpg

BKiCJDo.jpg
FoYEYzl.jpg

hWOrMPU.jpg

Fs8LeHH.jpg
lNLCPYd.jpg

kgxDmK2.jpg

I'm also playing Signalis right now but I don't want to look up stuff, so hopefully I can get the ending needed for the badge. Apart from that... maybe I could Hollow Knight or Undertale? Not really feeling the urge to replay HK though... And I haven't played Undertale so I have zero idea how to do those quests lol

Wow, reviewing this list made me pretty proud of how queer aligned my general taste in games is :D

Here are the ones I'll be targeting, with highlights being
  • of course, checking out Grรถgol Bonanza: Rambler's Apรฉritif!
  • working to finish my first Romance in Palia
  • revisiting Life is Strange True Colors
  • continuing my first ever playthrough of TTYD!
There are many others I could have included (backlog or favorites) but I unfortunately have a busy month ahead.

Di8a1Jo.png
Capture the Flag
Take a snapshot that includes any pride flags in a video game.

xuxvmEi.png
Countryside Wedding
Get married to your sweetheart in a Farming Sim game.

nbV2jja.png
From Queer Creators, with Love
Finish any game developed by out and proud queer creators and allies.

59zhU9f.png
Phone Home
Finish A Normal Lost Phone.

YqaqDcj.png
Rainbow Crabitalism
Buy the Rainbow Crabitalism outfit in Another Crab's Treasure.

Collection of Grรถgol Bonanza: Rambler's Apรฉritif badges

b4Euof8.png
Express Yourself
Finish any Life is Strange or Tell Me Why game.

OaYPqTV.png
Thoroughly Gay
Get all the collectibles from a Life is Strange game โ€“ Pictures for Life Is Strange, Collectibles + Drawings for Life Is Strange 2, Memories for True Colors.

wq3uufC.png
Be Gay, Do Crime!
Finish Night in the Woods.

Wx6FQZx.png
Out of the Shadows
Complete Chapter 4 of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Back
Top Bottom