• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards Discussion Club |ST| A Community Podcast, Directly to You! (Audio Editor Wanted!)

New Episode is out now!

Apple will be up soon!

The emphatic answer from Irene definitely made my morning and hearing all of your ideas and reasoning was great! It's the year for sure!

Finally got to this, good stuff! I need to add Venba to my list soon. And yes Metroid Prime 4 is 2024, of course! It has been thus willed by The Process

Taking Episode Suggestions!
Hey folks, if thereโ€™s something youโ€™d like us to discuss in the next episode, weโ€™re taking suggestions. We tend to stick to more positive topics or things weโ€™re familiar with (read: Iโ€™d reaaaally rather not talk about Palworld, haha) so if you have topics you think would be interesting, let us know!

Hey folks, if thereโ€™s something youโ€™d like us to discuss in the next episode, weโ€™re taking suggestions. We tend to stick to more positive topics or things weโ€™re familiar with (read: Iโ€™d reaaaally rather not talk about Palworld, haha) so if you have topics you think would be interesting, let us know!
What transformations would yall like to see in Princess Peach Showtime aside from the ones that have been revealed? Whether you think they're plausible or not, what do you think would be cool?

How hard did each of you laugh when reading that tweet from Andy Robinson about Game Freak taking the criticism of ScarVio serious and taking steps to improve?

And don't mean laughing about Andy Robinson tweeting that, but the thought of Game Freak actually doing that.

:D

I'm trying to setup Pocket Casts and I noticed that https://rss.com/podcasts/famiboards/ only has the first episode :( Is the show only getting uploaded directly into Apple and Spotify?
Unfortunately yes for now. We used an RSS feed to distribute episode 1, which will distribute the podcast basically everywhere, but past the initial upload there is a $20 a month charge to use RSS further, which we canโ€™t really justify as of right now.

Unfortunately yes for now. We used an RSS feed to distribute episode 1, which will distribute the podcast basically everywhere, but past the initial upload there is a $20 a month charge to use RSS further, which we canโ€™t really justify as of right now.
Lame!

Patreon when?

Hey folks! We had kind of put off recording a new episode at the start of the month as usual in anticipation of a Direct, but since that is maybe looking less likely, I think we're pivoting topics to just what the heck is going on in the video game industry right now (Microsoft potentially going multiplat, with even Sony maybe following suit, more GAAS failures, layoffs, IMPENDING CLICKBAIT CRASH?!?!?!, etc.). Anyway, this could be a fascinating topic that I'm sure you all might have thoughts and opinions on, so feel free to send us your questions and we'll discuss them as best we can!

Hey folks! We had kind of put off recording a new episode at the start of the month as usual in anticipation of a Direct, but since that is maybe looking less likely, I think we're pivoting topics to just what the heck is going on in the video game industry right now (Microsoft potentially going multiplat, with even Sony maybe following suit, more GAAS failures, layoffs, IMPENDING CLICKBAIT CRASH?!?!?!, etc.). Anyway, this could be a fascinating topic that I'm sure you all might have thoughts and opinions on, so feel free to send us your questions and we'll discuss them as best we can!
I feel like this probably has an obvious answer but would be worth talking about regardless: if both MS and Sony start going multiplat, do yall think Nintendo would dip their toes into putting games on other platforms (or at least PC)?

Followup: and if so, to what extent? Like throwing other platforms a small bone like they did with mobile, or full-on support like Splatoon on PC/GamePass or something?

Also what's this about a "Clickbait Crash??" Please educate me on the next episode of Famiboards Discussion Clubโ„ข.

Podcast question: A silver lining I see with Sony being unable to release a "major existing franchise title" for the next fiscal year is that they might rediscover the benefit of having smaller-scale first party projects. Which might mean cool franchise revivals? Which Sony IPs/games would you like to see return? I'd be elated to get more modern takes on Ape Escape and Patapon.

How is all of this going to affect Dragon Quest and how will it affect Tekken x Street Fighter??

Similar to meatbag's question: You're the Playstation Emperor/Empress and you have to make sure 1) the people are happy and 2) you make a whole lotta money next fiscal year without a major franchise first party release. What do you do in addition to their existing strategies? Your title is emperor/empress because everything you say will 100% be done, no questions asked.

Well the topic of โ€œwhat the heck is going on with everything in gaming right nowโ€ certainly hasnโ€™t gotten any clearer over the last couple days! Good luck wrangling all this into a podcast ๐Ÿ˜„

Well the topic of โ€œwhat the heck is going on with everything in gaming right nowโ€ certainly hasnโ€™t gotten any clearer over the last couple days! Good luck wrangling all this into a podcast ๐Ÿ˜„
just 45 minutes of WestEgg, Volc, and Irene taking turns saying "...welp"

Haven't listened in a bit, catching up and halfway through the newest one. Good stuff. when is the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode?

Great conversation in this one. Nintendoโ€™s plans for the rest of the year and how things shake out post-April are the biggest question mark (block?) for me. I think March will be pretty calm and then things hopefully start heating up again in April once the fiscal year has wrapped.

Okay wow, that was a bit of a spicy episode! Really neat to hear yall buckle down and talk about some serious stuff with the industry and like, the world and stuff. Ended up sitting and playing some Suika Game while listening, which might've helped it not be so scary. ๐Ÿ˜…

Audio Editor Wanted for the Famiboards Discussion Club
Hey folks, were looking for someone with audio editing experience interested in joining the team to help us edit new episodes. If you're interested, please just let me know either here or via DM.

Hey folks, were looking for someone with audio editing experience interested in joining the team to help us edit new episodes. If you're interested, please just let me know either here or via DM.
if we had double the hours in the day Iโ€™d be happy to help, but right now Iโ€™m sorry to say that Iโ€™m pretty swamped. I hope yโ€™all find someone, though!

I maybe interested depending on the time! I'm interested to hear more!

Hiatus New
Hey everyone,

Things are a bit busy right now, so we haven't been able to a lot the time to record and edit new episodes, and won't for the near future. As such, we are currently on hiatus until things clear up a bit. Sorry about the delay to those of you who enjoy Famiboards Discussion Club, we do enjoy making it and sharing it with you all a great deal! Once things calm done a bit, we'll look forward to returning.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Things are a bit busy right now, so we haven't been able to a lot the time to record and edit new episodes, and won't for the near future. As such, we are currently on hiatus until things clear up a bit. Sorry about the delay to those of you who enjoy Famiboards Discussion Club, we do enjoy making it and sharing it with you all a great deal! Once things calm done a bit, we'll look forward to returning.

Thanks!
Boo, guess the next episode has been...
Delayed.
:cool:

Boo, guess the next episode has been...
Delayed.
:cool:
XBDFMVD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom