• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Fami favorite 3d Zelda game (post TOTK edition)

What's your favorite 3D Zelda?

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Wind Waker

• Twilight Princess

• Skyward Sword

• Breath of the Wild

• Tears of the Kingdom

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was stating that numbers are justifiably referenced in threads like this and likely always will be because pretty much everything else is based on personal opinion.
But the question at the top of the poll is "What's your favorite 3D Zelda?" Personal opinion is all this thread is--soliciting it and discussing it. If I have to reach for numbers or data to justify or explain myself, I've lost the plot of the thread completely.

In order to place these games historically some people like the added context of customer and consumer reception
In this thread I believe you’re the only one who’s brought up sales and review scores in relation to their own personal ranking. In fact the only other posters to reference sales is to specifically disagree with sales equating to appeal (which also isn’t true).

And trying to be clearer here:
otherwise there is nothing in the way of hard numbers to go on and it's all just opinion like anything else
The reason why I find this particular statement contentious is because you imply that “hard numbers” are necessary, “otherwise it’s all just opinion.” There is a definite implication there that these numbers validate opinions. I’m sure I’m not the only one who read it this way.

Let's be real here, people often say things like let's be real here before they try to put words in peoples mouths as you're continuing to attempt to do right now because without it you have no argument... that doesn't change the fact that that's not what I said or implied though.
The fact that you dodged the part where I give a detailed explanation of how it makes no sense to use sales and critical scores for a topic about this sites opinions is very telling.

But sure then, what does this mean?
Having said that, I think it says something when a game puts up the fastest sales in franchise history, the most perfect scores in gaming history, was being praised beyond anything I've ever witnessed from fellow devs, not to mention is winning this poll handily:sneaky:
What does this fact "say". What is the "something" being said.

I'm not going to respond to these posts individually as it's too time consuming.

However, I will continue to reference consumer, developer, and critical reception in list threads like this because I feel they provide added context to these discussions and the gate keeping against these perfectly relevant talking points is borderline backseat modding at this point...

and no... I don't think it's a mere coincidence TOTK seems to be at or near the very top of every aforementioned list in terms of reception including this poll.

It's amazing how we went from "I only accept the opinion of elite fans like those on Famiboards, not that gamefaqs trash" to "everyone and their mother loves Tears of the Kingdom and that's why it's the best" on the very same thread page

It's amazing how we went from "I only accept the opinion of elite fans like those on Famiboards, not that gamefaqs trash" to "everyone and their mother loves Tears of the Kingdom and that's why it's the best" on the very same thread page
How come instead of quoting me directly you're making up your own fake quotes in your own words? Your argument doesn't have anything to substantiate it
other than fake quotes?

I feel they provide added context to these discussions and the gate keeping against these perfectly relevant talking points is borderline backseat modding at this point...
How come instead of quoting me directly you're making up your own fake backseat moderation in your own words? Your argument doesn't have anything to substantiate it other than fake backseat moderation?

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

I will continue to reference consumer, developer, and critical reception in list threads like this because I feel they provide added context to these discussions
First, this isn't a list thread. In fact the OP explicitly wished for it not to be so.

Second, I will also insist in criticizing the relevance of review scores and sales in threads like this, as I feel they do not add context to these discussions. I will forever fight against using Metacritic as evidence for anything.

gate keeping against these perfectly relevant talking points is borderline backseat modding at this point...
Don't mistake disagreement with "backseat modding." That is disrespectful and goes against the spirit of discussion.

I don't think it's a mere coincidence TOTK seems to be at or near the very top of every aforementioned list in terms of reception including this poll
See, this is what we're talking about. What literally is the point of this sentence in the context of the current discussion? No one is disputing TotK is beloved.

What is going on in this thread
I'm being swarmed because I am referencing developer, critical and consumer reception in this discussion as I feel the aforementioned are relevant talking points and others here do not... and no, that does not mean I am stating they prove any objective truth... simply that they're on topic and can be used as talking points.

Last edited:
well at least my favorite 3D Mario thread avoided controversy

Posted.

how did I miss this? we will convene and present our results soon

How do I know if I'm an educated Zelda fan? Like I have played most main games, some spin offs, do I need to beat them an specific amount of times? Is there a playtime threshold? 100% the games? How many Did you know gaming videos about Zelda I have to watch? Do I need to care about the timeline? Read every interview? How much merch do I have to own? Need some metrics here.

Back
Top Bottom