• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic F-ZERO 99 |ST| 99 racers collide with the wall, 99 racers collide. "POWER DOWN," 1 crashes out, 98 racers collide with the wall.

I can't even get 1.

I'm no expert, but I think what's been helping me as a Golden Fox player is to remain somewhere in the Top 25-30 so I can get those sparks, use the spin defensively because its less durable and saving skyway boost for the right time.

It also helps to think about where you activate the skyway boost and where it'll end cause I've definitely been dumped at one of those curves and it screwed me over big time.

Now the next goal...survive Grand Prix so I can make it to Silence smh.

I'm A- rank and level 20 and still don't have a single win. I'm always in the top 50 and almost always in top 30 which I guess explain my rank, but I rarely reach the top 10.
So either the game is hard or I suck beyond belief. Probably both.
More or less the same for me, except I’m currently B+ rank. I’ve come in 2nd and 3rd place once each, but still no 1st place win. This game definitely feels significantly harder to win in than TETRIS 99, Super Mario Bros. 35, and PAC-MAN 99, because by this point with the other games I’d already had at least one win, and the path to winning was a lot more clear. Here, though? It seems that if you don’t manage to stay in the lead from the very beginning, it’s nearly impossible to make your way back to the front. I don’t understand how people do it, especially people who seem to be able to win so consistently (which is something I see often during a Grand Prix).

How many of us have won the Knight League?

Define "won". I've finally managed to survive it mostly consistently, and I've even been getting placements on the top 15.

But like, first place win, I don't think I'm gonna pull that off in a bit.

That is a wild strat, I'll have to try and remember extra to hunt down those Grey Guys

(Also, realized today that you can land on a vehicle while you descend from the skyway. At least, I did that to a Grey car and exploded it right away)

That is a wild strat, I'll have to try and remember extra to hunt down those Grey Guys

(Also, realized today that you can land on a vehicle while you descend from the skyway. At least, I did that to a Grey car and exploded it right away)
Body slamming a pack with Goose off a ramp while spinning is very satisfying. Reminds me of a blender

Heads up for people trying to unlock stuff: Coming in first on a Pro Track special event does not unlock anything. Just learned that the hard way. :(

I did it finally! And by almost a full second too. I’m in the club baby.

I also went in to Knight League right after and got my best ever finish with 7th overall.

Did alright in a Mini Prix, was nice to finally get a chance to play White Land but still not sure why some tracks are locked off to the Grand Prix's and not in the regular 99 races.

Did alright in a Mini Prix, was nice to finally get a chance to play White Land but still not sure why some tracks are locked off to the Grand Prix's and not in the regular 99 races.
I assume it's more so a new player isn't getting Silence as their first track, which is fairly understandable, those corners are tough. I'm sure as the game goes on, the harder tracks will start appearing more in the standard mode, aside from a select few like Fire Field, I imagine that would be kept to GPs and Pro Track rotations.

Why the hell do I suddenly suck? Either my skills have evaporated in a couple of days or everyone got good, because I was getting frequent Top 10s but now I'm struggling to get Top 25s.
it's the natural online game phenomenon: the people who weren't doing well dropped off and now only the good people remain

splatoon 3 got pretty miserable too

After finally getting through the grand prix and playing Silence....I don't want that track to be 99 players lol 😅

Why the hell do I suddenly suck? Either my skills have evaporated in a couple of days or everyone got good, because I was getting frequent Top 10s but now I'm struggling to get Top 25s.

it's the natural online game phenomenon: the people who weren't doing well dropped off and now only the good people remain

splatoon 3 got pretty miserable too

Also, game does match you with better players as you rank up.

Also, game does match you with better players as you rank up.
Yes like every game of this type. Funny how people always forget that lol.
I’m at A rank right now but have only came in 1st once in a team race.
As I learn the tracks more, I feel like I’m improving.
But so are the other thousands of racers.

It has been a week. The prophecies foretold that this game would die after a week. Are you all still playing this game?

(I stayed up way past my typical bedtime to play this for two hours; I finally got a second and third place finish but still can't break through)

It has been a week. The prophecies foretold that this game would die after a week. Are you all still playing this game?

(I stayed up way past my typical bedtime to play this for two hours; I finally got a second and third place finish but still can't break through)
Got out of bed at midnight to play a couple more rounds because people keep telling me Falcon doesn’t suck…
Played till 1:30am and had to get up at 5am :(
Also the prophets were wrong.
They didn’t foresee content dropping this coming Monday.

Got out of bed at midnight to play a couple more rounds because people keep telling me Falcon doesn’t suck…
Played till 1:30am and had to get up at 5am :(
Also the prophets were wrong.
They didn’t foresee content dropping this coming Monday.

Honestly, the prophecies just made me play more out of spite lol.

Doing my best to try and find at least an hour to put into it every day. Honestly it's more difficult to tear myself away from it to play other games lmao

Doing my best to try and find at least an hour to put into it every day. Honestly it's more difficult to tear myself away from it to play other games lmao
I just keep looking at the clock saying "alright, one more" but then I think "I'm not that tired" and then, hey, a Grand Prix is starting soon, that'll be a good time to quit, then I crash out and don't want to end on that note, and then....

Just had my first server errors. Disconnected mid race, rebooted to the start screen, then unable to get passed the start screen without further server errors. Boo.

- edit just got back on, but the game took an age to load the menu from the start screen. Loading in general is uncharacteristically slow.

Edit again - yeah, the game is basically unplayable for me right now. No issues with my connection, but even if I can get passed the start screen without an error I can't load any races.

Just had my first server errors. Disconnected mid race, rebooted to the start screen, then unable to get passed the start screen without further server errors. Boo.

- edit just got back on, but the game took an age to load the menu from the start screen. Loading in general is uncharacteristically slow.

Edit again - yeah, the game is basically unplayable for me right now. No issues with my connection, but even if I can get passed the start screen without an error I can't load any races.
Perhaps Nintendo is dicking around with the servers in preparation for Monday. Best to give it a few hours and try again

Too many people playing, clearly.

Jokes aside, might be some random server struggle.

Oh no, maybe a full shutdown of the Switch and turning it back on may help? Not amazing advice but worth a mention.

Edit: Could just be the servers yeah.......that's actually just way more likely since the game has been smooth as butter since launch.

I saw a streamer having tons of issues and fully rebooting the Switch worked

I'm expecting just a tweet, maybe with a video showing them off.

Is Monday a firm date? I haven't kept up with stuff.
I heard here and there Monday came from Nintendo themselves. Queen cup is supposed to drop but I’m hoping for more 😁
Edit: by here and there I meant fami and resetera f zero threads.

got my 4 wins as all the cars. only won as falcon due to dumb luck getting a lucky job on the final lap, he's definitely the hardest to win with

This is a full on F-Zero experience.
This will be a full on F-Zero experience once King Cup rolls around in October. As of right now, there's not even 2 cups worth of tracks, and only 4 tracks show up in the main mode.
It will get there, but for now, the track selection is only beating F-Zero AX by one track. And AX at least had 14 machines and was a sidepiece to an F-Zero game with way more content than 99 currently has.

People will put hundreds and even thousands of hours into this.

This is a full on F-Zero experience.

This will be a full on F-Zero experience once King Cup rolls around in October. As of right now, there's not even 2 cups worth of tracks, and only 4 tracks show up in the main mode.
It will get there, but for now, the track selection is only beating F-Zero AX by one track. And AX at least had 14 machines and was a sidepiece to an F-Zero game with way more content than 99 currently has.

The F-Zero is half full, or half empty.

Couldn’t be me risking everything to cross the finish line in first place only to realize this was lap 3 and then crashing out shortly after. Especially couldn’t have happened multiple times now.

Couldn’t be me risking everything to cross the finish line in first place only to realize this was lap 3 and then crashing out shortly after. Especially couldn’t have happened multiple times now.
Right? The risk vs reward is seriously awesome in this game. I’ve had moments where I blow up inches away from the finish line and I just start screeching while looking up at the sky lol

You got this 💪🏻

Dang. Played a Grand Prix against someone who had 77 wins and won every single race. Perfect score in the GP must be so hard to achieve.

Back
Top Bottom