• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic F-ZERO 99 |ST| 99 racers collide with the wall, 99 racers collide. "POWER DOWN," 1 crashes out, 98 racers collide with the wall.

No tweets or news from Nintendo themselves (yet), but F-Zero 99 version 1.4.0 is out now.

I can't launch the game because of maintenance but I'm hearing there's a new team mode that shares the energy meter and you can emote when spectating other players.

Last edited:
Here's the tutorial text for the biggest new additions:

brjd9Oh.png
b1Bz3iV.png
ZtNvJfk.png
ns9Y2gj.png

Last edited:
This is the first new 2D art of some of these characters in 20 years. Wild. I say some, because Captain Falcon got new 2D art in a 3DS Ace Combat game, and Imamura still draws him from time to time on Twitter, though that's not licensed technically.

Really enjoying teh new team mode. feels more unique now that you can do more to help out your team. Also. Hello yea, emote spamming time haha.

Oh man these Festival tracks are such a downgrade from the Frozen tracks. Basically just a different skybox. Mannnn, that's kinda disappointing.
Only gotten one Mystery Track so far, and it was just Fire City so I dunno if they did more to this update but this seems really disappointing as a first impression.

I really hate to be a downer here, I really do, but holy shit, an event THIS grindy that only works on FIVE palette swapped tracks out of the 32 tracks in the game for the next 4 weeks and locks you out of doing any weekly cosmetic unlocks you may have missed? I can't speak on the (seemingly improved) Team Battle cause I haven't seen it yet, but man, this update is probably gonna get old FAST.

Back
Top Bottom