• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News F-Zero 99 announced for Nintendo Switch (out now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty busy the next couple days, otherwise I’d make an ST. This game deserves one.

Jesus this game is way too good.

I got 9th place and feel like I can run through a wall.

At first I was disappointed it kept the SNES aesthetic but after playing it for a while I think they made the right choice which has me wondering should the possible next full fledged FZero go for a cel shaded style vs the more "realistic" style of GX

After playing for a couple hours, managed to complete a Grand Prix. The game is great but I have one big complaint.

People only pick Big Blue and Mute City I. Please I want to race other courses. Let me go to Sand Ocean.

Hopefully the course issue will be less of a problem as they add more from the other cups (and from the other 2D games, please?).

Btw, if you win a race first place you get the ship you were driving in black.
Totally not humble bragging.

At first I was disappointed it kept the SNES aesthetic but after playing it for a while I think they made the right choice which has me wondering should the possible next full fledged FZero go for a cel shaded style vs the more "realistic" style of GX

Aero GPX is pretty much the ideal look for a 3D game imo, Nintendo got beaten to the punch.

This game is incredible. Looks great, plays great, slick menu, and above all insanely fun and addictive. So cool to see what is essentially still the SNES game get so much love.

After playing for a couple hours, managed to complete a Grand Prix. The game is great but I have one big complaint.

People only pick Big Blue and Mute City I. Please I want to race other courses. Let me go to Sand Ocean.
I have gotten a lot of Sand Ocean and Death Wind. But it is mostly a 50/49 split :'D

Just got 3rd place! Was so close...

Also finally finished a Grand Prix after exploding in my last four attempts, I'm pretty proud in 14th 😅

Last edited:
I played a bunch of this last night and I'm still enjoying it. Unfortunately, I keep making silly mistakes when I have a shot at the win and end up crashing or way down the pack. Best I've gotten so far is third place.

So this game has analog inputs. but the response curve on the stick makes it feel really finicky on a Joycon -- and I like the 'd-pad' even less. The Joycon's sticks are inherently a little finicky, but it could be better I feel.

Last edited:

Hopefully the course issue will be less of a problem as they add more from the other cups (and from the other 2D games, please?).

There's 7 courses currently available and 8 more coming. Race in the different available modes if you want better track selection... they're better anyway.

I still need to survive a grand prix.

The mini prixes are doable enough for me, but every time I go into a grand prix my brain just engages "absolutely do not play it safe" mode and makes me die by the second/third race.

godly game. the 99 format works ridiculously well with f-zero. i've yet to even crack top 10 a single time but im having so much fun

Damnit I didn't expect this to be so good. It's stupidly fun, probably the most fun I've ever had with any Fzero game.

What a brilliant way to bring back the franchise. You can see they were serious about only bringing it back if they could do something different with it, this is the Nintendo way.

Happy a new generation of gamers will get into this fantastic game and enjoy its absolutely legendary soundtrack. This has a lot of potential to go viral and become a hit, absolutely genius move from Nintendo to introduce back the franchise.

do you perform it via a button or is it some like bumping mechanic

ZL and ZR triggers.

After doing one, it will be on cool down for a bit, so you need to make it count.

Jumping off ramps instantly recharges it.

This happened for the second time tonight 2/2 tickets paid and then connection error. What am I doing wrong?
I don't know if it will work for you, but my first hours with the game were like that. I had to manually enter the household's router with my computer and change the WiFi channel (it was preset as "Automatic") to a specific band number.

After doing this, zero network errors from the game.

wahoooooo
IMG-0242.jpg

getting a couple early KOs makes such a big difference

Won my first GP! I’ve unlocked everything for Fire Stingray so guess I’ll learn another vehicle now.

Finished my first GP in 18th, just short of being ranked out lol

This is so addictive.

After a couple of disastrous attempts where I crashed out on Mute City, finished the Knight Cup with the Blue Falcon, Golden Fox, and Fire Stingray. Switched to Wild Goose for a race to get the pink color and pulled off 2nd place on Big Blue.

Also did a team race on Big Blue where I led the pink team to victory, with 20 spins, 1 KO, and 145 rank points, totaling 320 points. Wasn't particularly close but I'm still proud of myself our team effort. I can see why it's not a main mode but it's a lot of fun

Last edited:
what car are ya'll usin'? the pink stingray used to be my main in SNES and im continuing here cus of that insane top speed and control. though it's super super brutal to actually use here

if it's allowed I'm totally making an ST tomorrow
Please, game is too good and has too much discussion not to have one
I LOVE the aesthetic of this one particularly the old school comic art/vibe seen in the menus. Like the pictures of that cyborg announcer, all the cars, captain falcon, etc. I really hope a new game could retain this look.

Best lap time at Silence? (Idk it is the track im most consistenly good at, in grand prixs ofc)

Mine (Silence)
Lap: 26.30
Race: 1:50.46

Oatmral Dome said:
[F-ZERO 99]

Every circuit from the original F-ZERO on the SNES is currently in the files.

Which circuits are currently playable is controlled by the server. Nintendo just has to add the rest of the Queen and King League circuits to the rotation.

Not sure when that’ll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom