• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Everybody 1-2 Switch |ST| INKY (There's apparently reviews now, see threadmark)

My partner and I played the game online with some friends via streaming last night and it worked surprisingly well! There was lag, but it wasn’t too bad for most games since you can just follow what’s on your phone screen for most of the games that require specific timing. I’m sure it would be more fun with everyone in person, though, with the possible exception of Color Shoot since that one just works so well online given that everyone will have their own setting to take entirely different pictures in.

Also, we unlocked the Pro setting, which unfortunately doesn’t seem to allow you to skip intros like I thought it would, but it does throw in the other variants of the minigames from the beginning, so you can see stuff like Squats 3 or UFOs 2 without having to have played the original version of each game first during that session. Not sure exactly how it was unlocked, but it just happened after playing a few rounds of Team Contest. I think we did, like, three 20 minute sessions, and then a 60 minute one, so you might have to play for 2 hours or so to unlock it? Or maybe you just need to have played a certain amount of minigames, I’m not sure.

Honestly, though, in a party setting with a group of friends like that I don’t even mind not being able to skip intros, ‘cause it gives a good breather between games (which is sometimes much needed with how physical some of these minigames can get, lol) and if we don’t need to hear it again we can just use the time to talk or whatever, or someone can run to the bathroom real quick then if they need to, lol.

Honestly, though, in a party setting with a group of friends like that I don’t even mind not being able to skip intros, ‘cause it gives a good breather between games (which is sometimes much needed with how physical some of these minigames can get, lol) and if we don’t need to hear it again we can just use the time to talk or whatever, or someone can run to the bathroom real quick then if they need to, lol.
Would be already party gold to reinact at the time the happy stupid looking people showing the game. Let alone if someone has a stinky horse costume!

don't forget to acquire your official Everybody 1-2 Switch™ printable party hats and Everybody 1-2 Switch™ Printable Party Banners from My Nintendo, everyone.
da47206b5c43ca58

e8210e8749b7939f

featuring the likeness of MC Horace™ himself!

I gifted it to my partner because she loves playing bingo with her family. We tried yesterday and... we had fun? Like, surprising fun. She actually loved it and want to play more and really wants to try it with more friends. That said:

1. Bingo is... not bingo, which is really dissapointing. It's a bingo-inspired game, but it's way shorter and you can literally choose which number comes out next, so wtf.
2. Squats? Really? In the middle of a party, there's a mini-game that literally is doing squats? I can't imagine how my mother would find fun to that.

Oh my goodness. Even the My Nintendo page is slighting this game. There’s no New tag on the Sweepstakes page despite there being an Everybody 1-2-Switch sweepstake.

I know it means nothing but I find it mildly amusing. There’s the usual notification on the homepage of the sweepstake at least.

Had another blast tonight (both kids chose it for our pre bedtime game (usually a board game) and checked out two new games we hadn’t tried before:

Kitchen timer; I really like this one, takes a bit of skill.

Squats: Difficult to pick out “Squat” or “Squash”. Would benefit from a bit more variance.

Still fun though. I am still amazed at the smartphone integration. It works so well

I gifted it to my partner because she loves playing bingo with her family. We tried yesterday and... we had fun? Like, surprising fun. She actually loved it and want to play more and really wants to try it with more friends. That said:

1. Bingo is... not bingo, which is really dissapointing. It's a bingo-inspired game, but it's way shorter and you can literally choose which number comes out next, so wtf.
2. Squats? Really? In the middle of a party, there's a mini-game that literally is doing squats? I can't imagine how my mother would find fun to that.
The main thing about Bingo is that the person that using the Joy-Con shouldn't participate the game due to the way it works. It's a bit more clear in Team Contest mode where the game will pick one person from each group to use the Joy-Con to stop the wheel, as they probably didn't have a bingo card on their phone screen.

The main thing about Bingo is that the person that using the Joy-Con shouldn't participate the game due to the way it works. It's a bit more clear in Team Contest mode where the game will pick one person from each group to use the Joy-Con to stop the wheel, as they probably didn't have a bingo card on their phone screen.
I’m not sure what you mean by this, ‘cause in all the sessions I’ve played so far everyone has a bingo card on their screen. One person from each team is given the Joy-Con to stop the roulette for their team, and you’re supposed to be separated into groups and communicating with each other to try to pick numbers that your team needs. Also, during their turn, anyone on a team aside from the Joy-Con holder can tap a number that they need on their smart device screen and it’s pop up on the TV/Switch screen for a moment, allowing teams to communicate which numbers they need even via streaming (though both teams will be able to see the numbers of course, but that can make it even more tense and fun, lol).

Played a few rounds with my girlfriend the other night, and I'll echo the consensus here: this is a pretty fun party game! We really enjoyed Color Shoot (a clear highlight), Ninja, and UFOs. Less sold on Trivia. I agree that it's paced pretty poorly, though, and the options at the beginning aren't as clear as they could be. For example: we selected "no moving" because her knees aren't great, but it gave us the butt bouncing game that definitely wouldn't have worked. I think the game is operating under different definitions of what constitutes movement.

I’m not sure what you mean by this, ‘cause in all the sessions I’ve played so far everyone has a bingo card on their screen. One person from each team is given the Joy-Con to stop the roulette for their team, and you’re supposed to be separated into groups and communicating with each other to try to pick numbers that your team needs. Also, during their turn, anyone on a team aside from the Joy-Con holder can tap a number that they need on their smart device screen and it’s pop up on the TV/Switch screen for a moment, allowing teams to communicate which numbers they need even via streaming (though both teams will be able to see the numbers of course, but that can make it even more tense and fun, lol).
Bingo Party works a little different than the Team Contest version. As it's a free-for-all game, the person who stop the roulette has a big advantage since it's predictable and easy to land on the number they want. (the number are not on a random placement) and the game does not check if the person who hold the Joy-Con also join the game.

I've seen a few livestreams where the streamer did not participate the game after the first round since they also notice how much of an advantage they have.

Quoted by: Tye
Bingo Party works a little different than the Team Contest version. As it's a free-for-all game, the person who stop the roulette has a big advantage since it's predictable and easy to land on the number they want. (the number are not on a random placement) and the game does not check if the person who hold the Joy-Con also join the game.

I've seen a few livestreams where the streamer did not participate the game after the first round since they also notice how much of an advantage they have.
Ooh, okay, I haven’t actually tried out Bingo Party mode yet!

Metacritic now has a score

Also, I found out that you CAN skip intros to games you’ve played before after all! It might be exclusive to the Pro setting, though; I’m not sure.

$9.99 at GameStop!! Get it while it’s still available, ‘cause this price is an absolute steal and I doubt it’ll be around much longer!

$9.99 at GameStop!! Get it while it’s still available, ‘cause this price is an absolute steal and I doubt it’ll be around much longer!

Please don't let this game become collectable...

I bought it digitally. 😅

The game’s on sale again…

$10 for the best party game on Switch.

Back
Top Bottom