• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Everybody 1-2 Switch |ST| INKY (There's apparently reviews now, see threadmark)

Irene

Soar long!
Pronouns
She/Her
12switch-ST-0.jpg

12-SWITCHST-1.jpg

12switchst-2.jpg

new-switch.jpg

12switchst-4.jpg

12switchst5.jpg

12switchst6.jpg

12switchst8.jpg

12switchst9.jpg

longrynner.jpg

12switchst-11.jpg

enone.jpg

The Games Machine (8.5/10)
A fun and engaging party game that offers the beauty of seventeen mini-games to be discovered. Absolutely to have, especially for its price, net of the lack of online mode, which would have helped.

Vandal (7.5/10)
Everybody 1-2-Switch! works better than we expected in any circumstance, from a family afternoon to, perhaps, one of those team building events that companies organize to unite their work teams, and to this we must add the attraction of coming at a reduced price. It is a very measured, adaptable, fun game that awakens the competitive mood and with which time will fly by and that has the rope to be one of the protagonists of all kinds of social and family gatherings and thus we will be able to definitively save generations of games passes that we used for these purposes.

Nintenderos (7/10)
Everybody 1-2-Switch! is not trying to fool anyone: it is a small evolution of its predecessor, adding more games to play with all sorts of people, regardless of their previous experience with video games. Something like a Nintendo-style Jackbox Party, but with more games, although also way simpler.

Nintendo Life (6/10)
Everybody 1-2-Switch! is a perfectly serviceable party game when playing through one of the mini-games that offers something new, but those moments are few and far between. The rest of the games are not by any means bad, but they fail to stand out on the already-loaded table of Nintendo party titles. Combine this with the noticeable step-down in quality when playing with fewer people, and we are left thinking that this is a game which will only be brought out in very specific circumstances. It's a perfectly harmless party game, but it doesn't come close to what Nintendo has achieved in the genre in the past.

Digital Trends (5/10)
Everybody 1-2-Switch! is a perfectly enjoyable minigame collection dragged down by what feel like obvious oversights.

Shacknews (4/10)
I knew the writing was on the wall when Everybody 1-2 Switch! was announced in the same month that it was released, with little fanfare from Nintendo. Everybody 1-2 Switch! is fun in the same way that watching a bad movie is fun. If you’ve got some good friends together and everyone’s in a silly mood, you might have a good time throwing on Everybody 1-2 Switch and having a laugh at the absurdity of it all. But after about 20 minutes of this, most sensible people will ask you to close the game and launch Mario Kart, Mario Party, or even Switch Sports before they sink more of their precious time into Everybody 1-2 Switch!

IGN (4/10)
Everybody 1-2-Switch is a tedious and surprisingly small catalog of unoriginal and mostly poorly designed minigames that’s guaranteed to bring any party grinding to a halt. Even with a few interesting ideas, like Joy-Con hide and seek or the color scavenger-hunting modes, there are simply too few options to keep a group’s attention for one game, much less for multiple matches. Throw in the fact that many ideas are mind-numbingly boring, and others are rehashes of stuff found in the original, and you’ve got yourself a great way to rid yourself of unwanted friendships but not much more than that.

Metro GameCentral (4/10)
A game whose very existence is absolutely baffling, with a tiny collection of completely uninteresting mini-games, that remain dull and unimaginative no matter how many people are playing.

Gamereactor UK (3/10)
After just three or four sessions with Everybody 1-2 Switch, I'd seen it all and didn't want to go back. I don't know how this happened, but I do know that there are far, far better ways to entertain friends and family on Switch than this.

12switch99.jpg

Alright Fami, let’s go! Don’t forget to 1-2 SWITCH to our brand new beautiful Everybody 1-2 Switch site theme!
There's a special sound for the Yeah! as usual. Make sure you have the sound enabled in your preferences!

Last edited:
Hello Famifiends,

First of all, great ST Irene! Second, hope you all like the Everybody 1-2-Switch theme, as usual a lot of credit goes to @Jaysc for excellent work, and also thanks goes to @Bokuringo for pushing us.

Enjoy!

otb

So. While it doesn't have online multiplayer, if someone has a capture card, we could all still play it 👀

I'd love to see that

(I have a copy but no capture card sadly.)

This missing AskTheDeveloper might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they haven't said there's going to be one but the fact that every EPD release since the series started got it made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew AskTheDeveloper Everybody 1-2 Switch! was expected, they should've done it.

New theme who dis?
Whaaat? Everybody!!!!!!! feat. MC Horace.

Great ST, hope everyone who got the game enjoy it, I'll try to see some streamer playing :).

Last edited:
This thread and this theme! I was worried the “Yeah” sound would be too much but nah it’s perfect.

Love how the notification for a "+Everybody!" still includes a period.

"reacted with 🐴+Everybody!."

Yeah, similar to the yahaha or chao sound bite for those themes. It’s working for me, are you using the new theme?
I'm using the new theme, "Chao" and "Yahaha" both work for me, but "+Everybody!" has no sound on my end.

This is a better ST than this game deserves. Execllent work @Irene

Also those mini-game logos look stylistically similar to the card set logos in the Millennium Blades card game. Love it!

Wife and I are actually pretty excited to play this tonight. I’m sure my son will likely join in too. Color me excited?

Played most of the mini-games with my partner tonight. It’s okay. No better or worse than the original. I tried to explain that people call it the stinky horse game and they kind of understood.

You know I completely missed the sarcasm of that original post I responded to.
Patents, EPD employees mentioning in few years that they worked on this on CEDEC and interviews on Nintendo's recruitment page are our best friend once again. Was really hoping we will get at least AskTheDev since the game is not that bad as it seemed.

Has anyone here actually played the game yet? I’d love to hear about how bad it is first-hand from someone who’s actively played it.

I have the physical version ordered because, frankly, this game sounds so bad that I have to try it… it’s like a trainwreck; obviously terrible, but you can’t help but watch.

Back
Top Bottom