• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Elden Ring Hype Thread [Release date February 25th, 2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The era thread of the new gameplay leak is 14 pages of people shitting on the graphics, holy hell its time for me to stop going to that place
Yea that kind of shit is dumb considering From has never been a developer known for crazy good graphics like it's all about the gameplay and art style. So yea it's not surprising seeing Era shit on the graphics lol.

Really hyped for this game! And finally a dedicated jump button in a From game. That and the open world will shake things up for the Souls formula.

Really hyped for this game! And finally a dedicated jump button in a From game. That and the open world will shake things up for the Souls formula.
Yeah there was a bit of that in Sekiro, but Sekiro is its own beast and not exactly a Souls game lol honestly the graphics look fine if that footage is from Xbox One, the game will look prettier in PS5 and Xbox Series consoles and very likely at 60 fps

Yeah there was a bit of that in Sekiro, but Sekiro is its own beast and not exactly a Souls game lol honestly the graphics look fine if that footage is from Xbox One, the game will look prettier in PS5 and Xbox Series consoles and very likely at 60 fps
Yup, graphics is not the main draw of From games, never were. Don't understand the people who are upset about this footage. And as you said, just buy the PS5/Series version of the game.
You really ask yourself if they actually want to play the game or just bitch about it online.

The game will likely look considerably better in dungeons and stuff anyways, that leaked clip was shot in what looks like the least impressive area in the game on the weakest platform it's releasing on and it still made me want to go explore stuff. It'll be fine.

Nothing spoilery at all for those trying to go in blind.

That definitely looks like open world Dark Souls with a dedicated jump button.

give-me-give-it-to-me-now.gif

The era thread of the new gameplay leak is 14 pages of people shitting on the graphics, holy hell its time for me to stop going to that place
It's looking a little janky gameplay/movement wise as well but I guess that's From's signature.

I'm sure it'll be a great game.

Why you gotta delay it to the day my mother has her birthday and i probably won't be able to play. ;_;

Anyway, take your time.

Damn, Feb was already stacked, now this lol. Fingers crossed for everyone to get into the test.

On one hand, I'm disappointed. On the other, it's just one month and now Pokemon Legends Arceus has the spotlight in late January on its own.

But I do wonder what can be done in one month.

On one hand, I'm disappointed. On the other, it's just one month and now Pokemon Legends Arceus has the spotlight in late January on its own.

But I do wonder what can be done in one month.
Maybe it's to give them more breathing room to adjust whatever needs adjusting from the network tests? One of the few things I can think of.

Maybe it's to give them more breathing room to adjust whatever needs adjusting from the network tests? One of the few things I can think of.
Yeah, that's most likely. Don't know what else, maybe a bit more time for bug fixes.

Dodging all the smoke from Pokémon Legends smh.

But in all seriousness, how am I gonna play this and Horizon 2 when they come out just one week apart... oh god

Dodging all the smoke from Pokémon Legends smh.

But in all seriousness, how am I gonna play this and Horizon 2 when they come out just one week apart... oh god
You can start Horizon on the 18th, but if you aren’t finished by the 25th, you are legally required to drop it until Elden Ring has been completed.

Imo, you shouldn't rush with any of these games only to keep up. They don't run away. Just enjoy them and when you think you are done, move on.

Imo, you shouldn't rush with any of these games only to keep up. They don't run away. Just enjoy them and when you think you are done, move on.
I agree with this, barring the following exceptions:

• New mainline Super Mario
  • New mainline Legend of Zelda
  • New mainline Metroid
  • New FromSoftware title

All current games and life responsibilities are immediately put on hold when one of the above launches.

I was getting worried not seeing a network test.. and i was right.
the lack of promotion combined with late network test made me think it was not only the fault of Tales of Arise and later on collab DLC focus.
I am a 100% guilty of feeling anticipation for that title... heck, i almost know the general map by heart now, watching so many trailers/images cross analysis.

• New mainline Metroid
  • New FromSoftware title

All current games and life responsibilities are immediately put on hold when one of the above launches.
Yeah, that's fair. Most people probably have one or two series which are too important too wait on.

In this specific case, Elden Ring is #1 for me in February.

Is the European website for the registration for the network test broken?

Edit: Now it works! Hopefully I'll be selected for the network test.

Yikes... Scary close to Horizon now. I don't think I can buy both at launch that close together.

I am waiting for the day to play this game on the Steam Deck, hoping it will feel like those first days that I played BotW. I like what I've seen so far and at first sight it seems more accessible than Dark Souls.

Horizon takes priority for me. I'm certain I can beat it before the 25th, but will probably wait until March to pick it up.

who am I kidding it'll be a day 1 buy babyyyyy

• New mainline Metroid
  • New FromSoftware title

Put Bethesda Game Studios titles on that list!

Network test babyyy.

Can’t wait, hopefully it’s not super restricted in terms of the number of ppl they let join. Anybody remember how it’s been in the past?

You can start Horizon on the 18th, but if you aren’t finished by the 25th, you are legally required to drop it until Elden Ring has been completed.
I remember me dropping the 1st Horizon for Breath of the Wild lol. This will likely be a repeat here...no way I'm not playing Elden Ring upon release.

... well I guess I can get Legends:Arceus at launch now

Though two weeks before Triangle Strategy is still annoying, but it's not like there's any non- packed months in 2021

Quoted by: VHS
Hope I will make the selection for the network test, FromSoft owe me that much.

They owe me nothing but I need it.

They will 100% delay it. They’re not gonna do that again. Releasing it one week before Elden Ring would kill its hype cycle right out of the gate.
Didn’t Horizon sell 12+ million copies and net a bunch of GotY awards? It seemed to do fine, despite launching so close to BotW. And I’d wager Elden Ring is less of a threat than Zelda, both critically and commercially. That being said, Horizon and Elden Ring are on the same platform, so they’re more directly competing.

Didn’t Horizon sell 12+ million copies and net a bunch of GotY awards? It seemed to do fine, despite launching so close to BotW. And I’d wager Elden Ring is less of a threat than Zelda, both critically and commercially. That being said, Horizon and Elden Ring are on the same platform, so they’re more directly competing.
After doing some quick Google research, Horizon was at 5 million sold six months after launch. Meaning (me guessing) it sold about 3 million at full price (the number as of June 2017) and a lot of the 12 million copies were sold at a discount (even to the extent of $10 each considering the deep discounts it got).

I’m certain Sony would love to get Horizon to sell big numbers at full price, and releasing it up against something like Elden Ring would really hurt those chances.

... well I guess I can get Legends:Arceus at launch now

Though two weeks before Triangle Strategy is still annoying, but it's not like there's any non- packed months in 2021
honestly I am not banking on any 2022 titles making those release dates. Always expect a delay

You know, I was happy because this delay give me more time to play SMT V (either finishing it or exploring NG+), but now I fear for AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative 😱

People just want an excuse for it to fail or be terrible because it doesn’t have a difficulty setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom