• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elden Ring Expansion “Shadow of the Erdtree” is Currently in Development (UP: New trailer; Release date June 21 2024)

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
No date yet

Rise, Tarnished, and let us walk a new path together.
An upcoming expansion for #ELDENRING Shadow of the Erdtree, is currently in development.
We hope you look forward to new adventures in the Lands Between.

UPDATE

New trailer, release date

Last edited:
Surprised it took so long. Maybe it will get a full reveal around TGS or TGA and release before March 2024

Huh, if it releases in the next year or so I’ll probably wait for the DLC to drop before I venture into Elden Ring.

Given the huge success of the game, it wouldn't surprise me to see it in the spotlight during presentation of the next Switch
in 2025
, like skyrim was for Switch introduction.

Given the huge success of the game, it wouldn't surprise me to see it in the spotlight during presentation of the next Switch
in 2025
Elden Ring for Super Switch would be a huge get for Nintendo. I would love to see that.

ebnEw2J.jpg

hmm...

miquella-lore-npc-elden-ring-wiki.jpg

This totally puts me off continuing my current playthrough. I'd rather dive into this alongside the base game than finish the latter and then get back to the DLC on its own.

Fuck yes. That it's referred to as "an expansion" instead of "the expansion" gives me hope of even more coming in the future.

Not shocked at all either it's looking to be about Miquella. He's easily one of the most mysterious characters in the game and there's a metric ton of cut content about him.

in 2025
Yes, perfect showcase game. If I were Nintendo, this should be my top target for moneyhatted port. Maybe even higher than GTA6.

How do FS game DLC’s usually work? Can you take any character you’ve created into the expansions carrying over everything or are they entirely separate and you need to make a new character?

First of all, it's not FROM's decision to port or not to. It's Bamco's. They're the publisher.

Second, in the case Bamco would want to port it, and tell FROM to do so, i think they would have to.

Buuuuuut, Bamco wouldn't ask FROM, they would use a contract dev to do so, like with Dark Souls 1.

Lastly, it's Bamco, don't expect a port and be happily surprised if they would do it.

This is From, they're not gonna port the game on their own. They didn't bother with DS2 on Switch. Nintendo needs to convince them to. With money.
From loves Nintendo.

Bandai Namco would be in charge of that decision.

The announcement suggests it's a ways off, which is perfectly fine for me. At this point I'll honestly be relieved if some of this year's games slip into 2024. Zelda alone can probably carry the rest of the year for me lol.

It's gonna be a while
I don't see the issue in waiting, tbh. Should I on the other hand play through the base game now, then I likely won't return to it at all, because that's not something I usually do for single player games. Same thing has happened with Xenoblade and Fire Emblem e.g. already.

I don't see the issue in waiting, tbh. Should I on the other hand play through the base game now, then I likely won't return to it at all, because that's not something I usually do for single player games. Same thing has happened with Xenoblade and Fire Emblem e.g. already.

Play until you're right before the final boss then stop! ;D

How do FS game DLC’s usually work? Can you take any character you’ve created into the expansions carrying over everything or are they entirely separate and you need to make a new character?
They usually have a specific location you need to go to in order to access the DLC, so you'll use a character you've created. Best thing to do would probably be to have a save file from after the final boss, but before entering NG+.

I'm not sure about that. Metal Wolf Chaos skipping Switch wasn't a Namco decision. We didn't see From's love for Nintendo for that game.
Can you ask Nintendo to moneyhat ports of Metroid Prime 2,3 and Twilight Princess and Wind Waker before worrying about third party games? Maybe Retro doesn't like Nintendo which is why it is taking so long to get any news or games.

Can you ask Nintendo to moneyhat ports of Metroid Prime 2,3 and Twilight Princess and Wind Waker before worrying about third party games? Maybe Retro doesn't like Nintendo which is why it is taking so long to get any news or games.
Will they bring brand new audience to Nintendo?

Jokes aside, a lot of people quit Retro to start their own studios over the years: Armature and Bluepoint. Maybe they really didn't like Nintendo.

First of all, it's not FROM's decision to port or not to. It's Bamco's. They're the publisher.

Second, in the case Bamco would want to port it, and tell FROM to do so, i think they would have to.

Buuuuuut, Bamco wouldn't ask FROM, they would use a contract dev to do so, like with Dark Souls 1.

Lastly, it's Bamco, don't expect a port and be happily surprised if they would do it.
Also, FROM games often utilize robust, always online game worlds- far beyond Nintendo’s grasp of online infrastructure.

That’s the biggest hurdle I see imo

I hope I don't have to drop stuff to play this when it releases.

... I'm going to have to do that, aren't I?

Anyone got any neat builds? I'd be starting a new char but know the good rune farm spots and such to get a char up to speed

I don't want to see a single frame from this trailer, but excited it's coming soon! Elden Ring is my all-time GOAT.

21 June 2024.

Last edited:
I need to go back and beat this game. I rented it from the Library and got stuck on Malenia. It's the only Soulsbornekieroring game I haven't beaten!

Back
Top Bottom