• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Donkey Kong Country expansion coming to Universal Studios Japan in Spring 2024

Looks amazing, was super bummed I had to delay my Japan trip till next year but with this and Nintendo Museum opening next year it seems to been a good thing that I had to delay.

Is there an official statement or estimate for when the Nintendo park in Florida will open? If I remember correctly, the Florida one is expected to be as big or bigger than the park in Japan, so I'm curious to see how that one comes together.

Mario and DK aren't my favorite Nintendo IP, so personally, I'm waiting to see what else they add.

Is there an official statement or estimate for when the Nintendo park in Florida will open? If I remember correctly, the Florida one is expected to be as big or bigger than the park in Japan, so I'm curious to see how that one comes together.

Mario and DK aren't my favorite Nintendo IP, so personally, I'm waiting to see what else they add.
It's not a full park, it's just a land in a park, and it'll be the same size as the one in Japan. It'll open in 2025.

I wonder how big Nintendo’s partnership with Universal Studios will get over time with the success of Super Mario movie and the now announced Zelda movie coming eventually...

Honestly I'm not really sure if Zelda even happens anytime soon. Nintendo passing up Universal for the movie and handing it to Sony Pictures would definitely make Universal less committed to that franchise than if they had stakes in a movie. I could see a situation where after Mario/DK opens up more around the global parks that their focus shifts towards Pokémon instead.

expansion you say

Honestly I'm not really sure if Zelda even happens anytime soon. Nintendo passing up Universal for the movie and handing it to Sony Pictures would definitely make Universal less committed to that franchise than if they had stakes in a movie. I could see a situation where after Mario/DK opens up more around the global parks that their focus shifts towards Pokémon instead.
I don't think Universal is gonna make their theme park less desirable just because they didn't get a movie. A movie will be made and people will have Zelda on the brain. That's all the reason they need to push ahead, even expedite the project if they can, to coincide with the movie

Universal still makes heavy use of the Marvel IP despite Disney owning it. As long as it brings foot traffic to the park Universal doesnt mind.

Back
Top Bottom