• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Donkey Kong Country expansion coming to Universal Studios Japan in Spring 2024

Neverx

Like Like
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Looks amazing, was super bummed I had to delay my Japan trip till next year but with this and Nintendo Museum opening next year it seems to been a good thing that I had to delay.

kirbyfan407

Twinkle Popo
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Famicoins
Is there an official statement or estimate for when the Nintendo park in Florida will open? If I remember correctly, the Florida one is expected to be as big or bigger than the park in Japan, so I'm curious to see how that one comes together.

Mario and DK aren't my favorite Nintendo IP, so personally, I'm waiting to see what else they add.

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Is there an official statement or estimate for when the Nintendo park in Florida will open? If I remember correctly, the Florida one is expected to be as big or bigger than the park in Japan, so I'm curious to see how that one comes together.

Mario and DK aren't my favorite Nintendo IP, so personally, I'm waiting to see what else they add.
It's not a full park, it's just a land in a park, and it'll be the same size as the one in Japan. It'll open in 2025.

NineTailSage

Bob-omb
Famicoins
I wonder how big Nintendo’s partnership with Universal Studios will get over time with the success of Super Mario movie and the now announced Zelda movie coming eventually...

Gartooth

Universal Madness
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
Famicoins
Honestly I'm not really sure if Zelda even happens anytime soon. Nintendo passing up Universal for the movie and handing it to Sony Pictures would definitely make Universal less committed to that franchise than if they had stakes in a movie. I could see a situation where after Mario/DK opens up more around the global parks that their focus shifts towards Pokémon instead.

Suswave

𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖆𝖘𝖊𝖉
Founder
Pronouns
𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞 / 𝖘𝖍𝖊
Famicoins
expansion you say

ILikeFeet

Warpstar Knight
Famicoins
Honestly I'm not really sure if Zelda even happens anytime soon. Nintendo passing up Universal for the movie and handing it to Sony Pictures would definitely make Universal less committed to that franchise than if they had stakes in a movie. I could see a situation where after Mario/DK opens up more around the global parks that their focus shifts towards Pokémon instead.
I don't think Universal is gonna make their theme park less desirable just because they didn't get a movie. A movie will be made and people will have Zelda on the brain. That's all the reason they need to push ahead, even expedite the project if they can, to coincide with the movie

Mer.Saloon

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Universal still makes heavy use of the Marvel IP despite Disney owning it. As long as it brings foot traffic to the park Universal doesnt mind.

Top Bottom