• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Donkey Kong Community |ST| No Country For Old Kongs

Quick question, what's the EDP8 rumor of them making a new DK game based on?

Biggest evidence are job listings for a 2D Action Game for EPD Tokyo.

Lesser unsubstantiated evidence stems from a rabbit hole involving Vicarious Visions developing a 3D DK, they got put on another project by Activision, the game was canned and DK was moved in house (something like that)

Biggest evidence are job listings for a 2D Action Game for EPD Tokyo.

Lesser unsubstantiated evidence stems from a rabbit hole involving Vicarious Visions developing a 3D DK, they got put on another project by Activision, the game was canned and DK was moved in house (something like that)
The hole appears to begin with DK Vine having info about a new in-house DK game. However, no real insider has verified that besides Zippo, so... no real insider has verified that.

We do have listings for a new 2D game, but so far the evidence of it being DK specifically is circumstantial. This rumor is already quite old (it only started spreading around 2020, but existed before that) and nothing has surfaced since.

The hole appears to begin with DK Vine having info about a new in-house DK game. However, no real insider has verified that besides Zippo, so... no real insider has verified that.

We do have listings for a new 2D game, but so far the evidence of it being DK specifically is circumstantial. This rumor is already quite old (it only started spreading around 2020, but existed before that) and nothing has surfaced since.
I'm not sure if Nintendo Life is considered reliable or not per se, but if I remember they were a reputable source that corroborated the rumor. It seems like there's some reasonable smoke but we'll never really know till we see EPD's 2D project, and maybe not even then.

Are we really still debating if any Kong that wasn't in Tropical Freeze is allowed to still exist? It's ultimately up to the developer.

@PikminSnezkov, who leaked the TTYD remake, confirmed that a new DK game is being developed by EPD (but also said that everything around the Vicarious Vision game is fake).
PikminSnezkov is not an insider. His "evidence" for Freedom being fake is that he accused one of the original sources of "fabricating DMs" to Andy Robinson and Emily Rogers. I'm not going to post them, but I've seen the receipts; it is Andy Robinson and/or Emily Rogers, not the original source, who lied. Or maybe Snezkov lied and is trying to throw them under the bus for some reason. Who knows.

I just saw the new Godzilla movie, and the villain in that looked like lanky kong.

Off topic, it really sucks that dk64 and diddy kong racing are still being withheld from nso
The New Empire was great. Skar King gave me more Manky Kong vibes with how evil he was but I get the Lanky comparison. I'd appreciate if we got more evil Kongs in DK, we haven't had any new ones since Jungle Beat

The New Empire was great. Skar King gave me more Manky Kong vibes with how evil he was but I get the Lanky comparison. I'd appreciate if we got more evil Kongs in DK, we haven't had any new ones since Jungle Beat

I dream of a day where the Jungle Beat Kongs exist along side the Rare Kongs in a massive 3D adventure.

New Godzilla definitely gave me some DKC vibes (really it's more of a Kong movie with Godzilla tagging along towards the end).

Everything said here is more or less what I surmised but it’s nice to read it. Who is he by the way?

This feels more like damage control purely for DK fans and less so Mario fans. Though with Mario as big as it is, there is no way fans didn’t wonder about past art styles being represented for the parks main layout.

Everything said here is more or less what I surmised but it’s nice to read it. Who is he by the way?

This feels more like damage control purely for DK fans and less so Mario fans. Though with Mario as big as it is, there is no way fans didn’t wonder about past art styles being represented for the parks main layout.

and I assure you I meant no plagiarism from any statement you have made, hiveminds just tend to think alike!

And yeaaaah even I thought this was me trying to enforce that "everything is fine nothing is wrong!" But there has been actual listed evidence to showcase that the fans, as rightfully it is for them to be discouraged, should recall the evidence that it all works out somehow.

And again, there are things even I wish were there, but that doesn't destroy my general lifelong dream and appreciation for DK getting, well, a goddamn amusement park!! Criticism is important though, K. Rool wouldn't have come back to Smash otherwise, but we also did that in a very optimistic and positive force for good, even when there were setbacks and doubts for sure.

The panic and hysteria of the community is prevalent whenever such hiatuses (especially our G. Rueling 10 years) set in

But in the end, we always have nothing to fear.

Last edited:
The panic and hysteria of the community is prevalent whenever such hiatuses (especially our G. Rueling 10 years) set in
Yeah, the ten year wait is just starting to mentally kill me as well. For the record, I got onto the DKEPD hype wagon back on May 19th, 2021 I believe, when Nintendo news channel, GameXPlain, made that video on the new DK game:

Would Nintendo sell a collection when they can easily have most past DK games on NSO? Super Mario 3D All-Stars at least happened before Super Mario 64 was available in the service, and even then, these are two distinct versions.

DKC Returns, Jungle Beat (Wii) and maybe Barrel Blast could make an interesting package but... I don't know if that's celebratory enough.

Would Nintendo sell a collection when they can easily have most past DK games on NSO? Super Mario 3D All-Stars at least happened before Super Mario 64 was available in the service, and even then, these are two distinct versions.

DKC Returns, Jungle Beat (Wii) and maybe Barrel Blast could make an interesting package but... I don't know if that's celebratory enough.
how to celebrate Donkey Kong anniversary? easy, anounce a movie focused on Donkey kong, release a brand new 2D/3D Donkey Kong game and release severals Donkey Kong games on NSO

If Jungle Beat comes to Switch I hope they up the speed from Jungle Beat Wii, maybe it's just cause I got too into the bongo controls but Jungle Beat GC just lets you move way faster and I think it feels great. Wii is just a little too slow, personally. Coulda been like 25% faster at least.

Man I legit haven’t played Jungle Beat in almost 20 years, I’d be down for a remaster just to see how I feel about it now. I did find the bongo gimmick fun but the game overall a bit thin on content.

Entertaining the idea, a dump of all missing DK related games on NSO would be still a bit too much, when all that Mario got was Super Mario All-Stars in his 35th anniversary (even recently in the latest Mar10 Day, they only added 3 games);

We're still missing:

• Donkey Kong Jr. Math
  • Donkey Kong '94
  • Donkey Kong Land
  • Donkey Kong Land 2
  • Donkey Kong Land III
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Donkey Kong Country (GBC)
  • Donkey Kong Country (GBA)
  • Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA)
  • DK: King of Swing
  • Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)

And I did discount Donkey Kong Classics on the NES for the redundancy, and Nintendo will probably neglect the GBC/GBA versions of DKC games yet again too (which is a shame); But even still, that's a huge load to drop all at once and not even in the best case scenario sounds likely.

Kit's Donkey Kong Country Anniversary Collection idea sounds amazing and now I'm going to be sad when it inevitably doesn't happen.

I just listened to this, he had me on board until he said $70 for digital and $90 for physical. I get were talking hyoptheticals here but if people thought the bitching about $60 for Tropical Freeze in Switch and $70 for TOTK was bad, this would be a whole new level of controversy lmao. If the physical came with some cool merch, like something that isn't just DK, Diddy, a Barrel or a banana, then it would maybe be worth it. Or just also throw in Jungle Beat and DK64 and it might sweeten the pot a little bit. It's still a neat idea, I was just really caught off guard by that price point he threw in at the end

Entertaining the idea, a dump of all missing DK related games on NSO would be still a bit too much, when all that Mario got was Super Mario All-Stars in his 35th anniversary (even recently in the latest Mar10 Day, they only added 3 games);

We're still missing:

• Donkey Kong Jr. Math
  • Donkey Kong '94
  • Donkey Kong Land
  • Donkey Kong Land 2
  • Donkey Kong Land III
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • Donkey Kong Country (GBC)
  • Donkey Kong Country (GBA)
  • Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA)
  • DK: King of Swing
  • Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)

And I did discount Donkey Kong Classics on the NES for the redundancy, and Nintendo will probably neglect the GBC/GBA versions of DKC games yet again too (which is a shame); But even still, that's a huge load to drop all at once and not even in the best case scenario sounds likely.
Not having Donkey Kong Gameboy is an absolute crime, wouldn't be surprise if Nintendo sees Mario Vs Donkey kong as a success we might get a remake and the Gameboy version will be on hold for NSO.
But who knows
Donkey_Kong_94_box_art.jpg

I just listened to this, he had me on board until he said $70 for digital and $90 for physical. I get were talking hyoptheticals here but if people thought the bitching about $60 for Tropical Freeze in Switch and $70 for TOTK was bad, this would be a whole new level of controversy lmao. If the physical came with some cool merch, like something that isn't just DK, Diddy, a Barrel or a banana, then it would maybe be worth it. Or just also throw in Jungle Beat and DK64 and it might sweeten the pot a little bit. It's still a neat idea, I was just really caught off guard by that price point he threw in at the end
I would prefer if both edition is 60-70 dollars, both physical and digital, meanwhile for 100 Dollar you'll get couple of stickers, merch, CD and Donkey kong drums. Because Nintendo in recent memory has always have the physical and digital stay the same costs and i would think having the phyical be an extra 20 bucks seems weird.
il_fullxfull.4699328061_r55x.jpg

Not having Donkey Kong Gameboy is an absolute crime, wouldn't be surprise if Nintendo sees Mario Vs Donkey kong as a success we might get a remake and the Gameboy version will be on hold for NSO.
But who knows
Donkey_Kong_94_box_art.jpg
The fact that NSO still does not have the first ever Mario Game Boy game on it certainly makes me wonder what is going on there.

I wouldn't make any wild theories on the lack of DK'94 on NSO, because the service got a bunch of weird holes and omissions for no good reason like missing Super Mario Land 1, Wario Land 1 & 2, Mach Rider and even Urban Champion.. and those are certainly not getting remakes. It's just that Nintendo spin a wheel and see what are the games they are feeling dropping once in a blue moon, nothing else.

The fact that NSO still does not have the first ever Mario Game Boy game on it certainly makes me wonder what is going on there.
With the reveal of Mario 2 Movie and from a leaked storyboard of the game being in a sand kingdom and also the way it was taken out immediately on twitter gives it some validity of it maybe being true. And the speculation being that Nintendo might do a remake of the first GBA game and release it close to the new mario movie, plus it's the first game where Daisy was introduced.
But that's my opinion and maybe Nintendo will release it sometime this year.
d6eb8c7aa519a2d35f9cc792502f2971f4365691.jpg

If a DK re-release were to happen I think the options are...

- a basic Wii remaster of DKCR ($30 to $40) where I'm not sure if they would bother adding in the 3DS version's content or not

- a DK Triple Pack ($60) would pretty much need to be DK64, Jungle Beat, and DKCR? In this case I think the comparison is 3D All-Stars. Jungle Beat would probably get the most attention due to its motion controls needing fine tuning.

- DKC Trilogy Remakes ($60), not gonna happen since those games are on NSO but I think this one here would make me the most happy if they could faithfully recreate the visuals akin to SMRPG's remake

I dunno about the selection of games in Kit's idea for a DKC bundle just because TF is already readily available on Switch. But I do think the idea of having a lot of bonus features for the collection like behind the scenes and interviews on the making of the series would be awesome. Better than the only bonus being a music player lol

- a basic Wii remaster of DKCR ($30 to $40) where I'm not sure if they would bother adding in the 3DS version's content or not

- a DK Triple Pack ($60) would pretty much need to be DK64, Jungle Beat, and DKCR? In this case I think the comparison is 3D All-Stars. Jungle Beat would probably get the most attention due to its motion controls needing fine tuning.

- DKC Trilogy Remakes ($60), not gonna happen since those games are on NSO but I think this one here would make me the most happy if they could faithfully recreate the visuals akin to SMRPG's remake

I dunno about the selection of games in Kit's idea for a DKC bundle just because TF is already readily available on Switch. But I do think the idea of having a lot of bonus features for the collection like behind the scenes and interviews on the making of the series would be awesome. Better than the only bonus being a music player lol
A DK64 remake with modern graphics and some changes to make the game easier (on the fly character swapping and a map that let's you instantly warp to any banana pad you've discovered like in Odyssey) would be amazing but I'm not sure it would happen. Jungle Beat and Returns would be fine with just upscale graphics and Jungle Beat can get a "normal controls" mode in addition to bongo compatibility and the Wii controls coming back through the joy con's separated. Hell, Returns could just have the Nvidia shield version ported and have that be it. DKC trilogy remakes would be a great sight to see with new graphics and music, but would Ultimately be pointless to most people since we already have the trilogy on NSO. Any if those would be better than nothing though

Jungle Beat can get a "normal controls" mode in addition to bongo compatibility and the Wii controls coming back through the joy con's separated.
Not sure this would work, NPC Jungle Beat makes major gameplay changes to accompany the new controls, including adding mechanics that would be impossible on the bongos. It's a pretty different game.

They should sell Jungle Beat and Returns in a double pack (like they did with Pikmin 1+2). Their connection would be their motion controls, but obviously include standard button control options. Ideally it should be no more than $50, but it's Donkey Kong and not Pikmin, so it'd probably be $60.

They should sell Jungle Beat and Returns in a double pack (like they did with Pikmin 1+2). Their connection would be their motion controls, but obviously include standard button control options. Ideally it should be no more than $50, but it's Donkey Kong and not Pikmin, so it'd probably be $60.
I feel like they are such radically different games people would be somewhat baffled going between both of them, to be honest lol

Back
Top Bottom