• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Did you think Tears of the Kingdom was too big?

Was Tears of the Kingdom too big?

• Total voters
I don't think it's too big necessarily. The way both BotW and TotK frame their content makes me feel much better about "missing" content and the like. I think Elden Ring also gets away with this - if you don't know something's there, you won't necessarily be thinking you're missing something. It helps provide that feeling of discovery and truly observing your surroundings to find stuff.

Now if BotW/TotK didn't have its truly open progression and automatically marked stuff on the map as you went? Then sure, but again it's all about framing. You're randomly stumbling upon content you didn't know was there, not ticking off icons on a list. And if it's all high-quality (which it largely is), then it's totally fine.

Basically, the game is massive and very fun but there still could have been more in the sky and depths. Like more unique islands instead of the similar archipelagos, and a few more biomes in the depths.

It’s just right. Exploration and discovery was the biggest thing for me in BotW, so to give me even more of that in TotK was the best thing they could’ve done.

Back
Back
Top Bottom