• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Diablo IV | Fresh Hell

big lantern ghost

the notorious blg
Pronouns
he/him
DsoJZLU.gif

CrrIEXi.png

Developed & Published by
Blizzard

Available
June 6th, 2023
(June 1st 4PM PDT for Deluxe and Ultimate Edition owners)

For
PC (battle.net)
PlayStation 4 & 5
Xbox One & Series X|S

~ Steam Deck not officially supported but reportedly works quite well ~
~ This game is always online, constant internet connection required! ~

VJyIM27.png

The Mysterious Stranger
Years after the events of Diablo III and Reaper of Souls, the world of Sanctuary is depleted. What mortals survived the devastation of both heaven and hell struggle to survive. As humanity begins to rise from its ashes, Lilith appears. She is the daughter of Mephisto and a representation of humanity’s darkest impulses. She also birthed the first Nephalem with Inarius, a former archangel gone rogue. You’ll track Lilith through Sanctuary in an effort to stop her corruption of the last of humanity and learn more of her history along the way.

AWJzGZN.png

Devil’s in the Details
Choose from one of five classes — Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Rogue or Sorcerer — and make them your own with a character creator, a first for the series. You see your character close up quite often in cinematics. You can also obtain a mount, another first, and gussy it up with its very own gear. Use the more open-ended skill trees to come up with unique builds; Blizzard says you’ll only fill out 30-40% of one by the endgame, so there are lots of choices to be made! Skills can further be modified and specialized by unique loot. You can easily respec when plans change.

cZGqUo6.png

Paradise Lost
Diablo IV is the first open world game in the series and uses a live service framework to fill the world with other players and live events, like World Bosses that appear at random and all but need a crowd of players to take down. You can travel seamlessly between Sanctuary’s five zones — Dry Steppes, Fractured Peaks, Hawezar, Kejhistan and Scosglen — and the world scales against your level (though doesn’t always match it; some tougher areas scale consistently above your level, for example, and others stop scaling at certain thresholds). This allows the campaign to be non-linear and gives you some agency in how the story is progressing, and where. The world is littered with side quests that range from simple demon hunts to more story-heavy fare that expands upon the lore of the series. After completing the campaign once, future characters can opt to skip the storyline.

wgjLuyy.png

Hell Is Other People
All versions of the game support cross-play and cross-progression via your battle.net account. Get out there and be somebody with anyone, anywhere!

YfWEZi7.png

A Season (Pass) in Hell
Seasons return in Diablo IV, now with accompanying battle passes. There are three versions of the battle pass. The first is free and available to all. The second (Premium) expands the pass with a bunch more unlockable cosmetics and costs $10 USD. The last version (Accelerated) is basically the same as Premium, but with an additional special cosmetic and the ability to skip 20 tiers of the pass. That one costs a whopping $25 USD. The Digital Deluxe edition includes a Premium battle pass. The Ultimate edition includes an Accelerated battle pass.

Blizzard has been adamant that rewards are cosmetic and that they won’t be doling out more powerful gear to players who opt for the paid passes. The first season, Season of the Malignant, starts on July 20th! Read all about it here.

Gameplay Launch Trailer

Story Launch Trailer

Live Action Launch Trailer

Special thanks to Mark Twain, John Milton, Jean-Paul Sartre & Arthur Rimbaud

Last edited:
Hey hi. Diablo IV isn’t fully out until next week, but Deluxe and Ultimate edition owners can start playing June 1st at 4PM PDT. Wow, that’s today! In case anyone from Famiboards is getting their start today, I threw this up a bit early.

See you around, Satan Fans!

Had some reward vouchers from work lying around unused, so went for the standard edition on PS5. Not bothered about early access.

I figure it'll be good for a playthrough. All the battle pass and cash shop stuff leaves me cold though. Hopefully it's not like Path of Exile where you get rags unless you cough up for some glowing golden god cosmetics with particle effects out the ass.

Never been this ready in my life. Playing some D3 tonight to give it a well-deserved send-off.

Planned on starting with Rogue, but Barb armour looks too damn good, so I might change my mind at the last minute.

Gonna be playing on XSX. I'm not sure what my Blizzard account name is or how that works but my Xbox name is AntonHtz. Add me.

Gonna miss the launch but i do not think it's too bad. Have to wait for my friend to get another PC, so maybe one week after launch we will be set.

Played 800h of Diablo 3 so i hope this one will be good. Will start with a Sorcerer this time i think.

I will be playing tonight (unless I hit a 2hr queue and fall asleep because it will be after my bed time.)

I'm glad some people here will be jumping in tonight! I'm going to keep tabs on how the launch is going and summarize here.

All the battle pass and cash shop stuff leaves me cold though. Hopefully it's not like Path of Exile where you get rags unless you cough up for some glowing golden god cosmetics with particle effects out the ass.
Yeah, I'm a little iffy on it all as well. For what it's worth, these shots are from an update the Diablo IV team put out last summer:
7BoiUOd.png

coh3c2m.png

7hrSgZb.png

Stuff you can earn in-game is on the left, paid cosmetics on the right. Obviously these were cherry picked by Blizzard to try and make a point! I'd be happy if it was similar to how they've depicted it above...although it's hard to imagine there NOT being at least a few Particles Out The Ass ones in there somewhere 😁

If the battle pass/season stuff is nothing but cosmetics, then I'm not too worried about it. It can be safely ignored unless there's something I REALLY want to pick up, but that's unlikely. I'm totally fine just playing through the main game and then seeing how the endgame shakes out.

I honestly forgot this was coming so soon already - I'm still playing Zelda and don't think I'll be done by launch day, so I'm not sure if I'll be playing this coming week or not yet. Also might depend on when my friend group jumps into it, too, since I usually play D3 and Path with the same group of people.

Tempted. Will wait on impressions from day 1 of early access before buying.

Gonna miss the launch but i do not think it's too bad. Have to wait for my friend to get another PC, so maybe one week after launch we will be set.

Played 800h of Diablo 3 so i hope this one will be good. Will start with a Sorcerer this time i think.

Great avatar. One of the best albums ever!

Got mine pre ordered on Xbox. Time will tell if I end up double/triple dipping for my mom on PlayStation/my Steam Deck. I’ve been playing Diablo all my life, but never much of the online multiplayer. The always online aspect is going to be interesting.

I'm pretty excited - I wasn't into PC gaming (or Diablo's genre, specifically) when D1 and D2 were out, jumped into D3 pretty late but had a good time... and here I am, ready to leap in on day one. That beta / server slam really did a great job selling me on the loop, the aesthetic, and everything else!

Also, likely the first time I'll be trying the multiplayer, despite it being a big part of the series' appeal, historically.

I'm pretty excited - I wasn't into PC gaming (or Diablo's genre, specifically) when D1 and D2 were out, jumped into D3 pretty late but had a good time... and here I am, ready to leap in on day one. That beta / server slam really did a great job selling me on the loop, the aesthetic, and everything else!

Also, likely the first time I'll be trying the multiplayer, despite it being a big part of the series' appeal, historically.
I played a ton of D2 over LAN with my brother and our friend, but not a whole lot of online play for me, except for the occasional rift runs in D3 for Switch.

Unless the queues are absolutely horrid I'll try to get in an hour or two tonight.

Never played Diablo. I've been moldy curious about trying 3, but I don't know if it would be exactly my cup of tea.

Alright! The time has come and, presumably, Diablo IV is now available for the Deluxe and Ultimate edition folk. Let us know if you manage to get in!

Not interested in playing Diablo IV...

But I am interested in checking out Halsey and Suga's music video for "Lilith (Diablo IV Anthem)", dropping Monday, June 5th!

Got in 10mins early! Slight hiccups, but working great overall.
It’s nice to know things seem to be going smoothly! I imagine this early access period is super valuable in terms of making sure they’re ready for the Big Slam on Tuesday.

Not interested in playing Diablo IV...

But I am interested in checking out Halsey and Suga's music video for "Lilith (Diablo IV Anthem)", dropping Monday, June 5th!
I am legitimately very excited for this. Halsey! She is not a woman, she’s a god! I bet it’ll be good

I played something like 5 hours or so and didn’t run into any issues. Pretty crazy for any early access online game. Especially good for Diablo.

The early access seems to be going pretty smoothly so far, all told! That's both impressive and surprising, although the real test is Tuesday of course.

Only one hiccup of note I've seen so far, and it seems to be effecting a relatively small number of players: error code 315306, which seems to only crop up in the PS5 version. Essentially the game mistakenly believes you don't have the license to play it, and it boots you out. It's been reported that making a purchase in the game's shop will somehow correct the license issue. While that does indeed seem to work, Blizzard says it's not necessary and that doing a full reset of your console and trying again should do the trick.

8 hours in, its excellent so far. One of the smoothest pc launches in recent memory too. I love how dark the game is too, like its some of the most gristly stuff I've seen in a game in a long time. Lol by the end if my play sessions i need to go play some mario or kirby

Last edited:
On topic, did some of you play with a necro, i read that they are underwhelming compared to the other classes ?
My experience may not be particularly helpful, since I’m a fairly-inexperienced Diablo player…but I’ve been having a lot of fun with Necro. Drop the first mob, hammer on the “explode corpses” button, remember that the corpses are also my source of minions/essence, run around in terror. Great times.

Barbarian is lots of fun! But I am doing so much side stuff that I am lvl 35+ and barely started Act II.

Whoops!

VZf4Xxb.gif

Didn’t see you there. Just a heads up that the wide release of Diablo IV is today! It is a simultaneous worldwide launch; if you live (I’m really going to channel Reggie on this one) in The Americas, that means June 5th at 4PM PDT / 7PM EDT. In most parts of the world it is June 6th by then, hence the use of June 6th in the marketing material. There’s even a graphic about it!

xpLOKWp.jpg

The initial launch seemed to go almost shockingly well and Blizzard was confident even before launch, so hopefully it’s smooth sailing tonight! I still haven’t picked out a class. I feel like every time I think about it I land on a different one. Right now I’m leaning sorcerer because I love how the spell effects look in the game’s gloomy palette. I guess we’ll see later.

Last edited:
Almost certainly going Sorc, but kinda interested in Necro and Druid too.

Game is unbelievably addicting. Zelda is one of the best games I've ever played, I'm right in the middle of it, and hardly played at all this weekend because I was utterly consumed by Diablo. surprisingly smooth (early) launch with functioning multiplayer . And it's been great.

Oh cool. Nice that theres a Diablo thread thought i was the only Fami member playing Diablo. Been playing since early access and ha ing a blast.

There was definitely server issues yesterday which i didnt experience at all while in early access. Hopefully it gets smooth out.

I am currently playing Rogue as its the closest to Demon Slayer from Diablo 3.

I like that the devs are proactive when it comes to balancing the game and recently releaced a balance patch. I see a few ppl going Necro and before the patch Necro was kinda rough when it came to varied builds and minion usage.

Finally getting a chance to play! Ended up going Rogue after a lot of hemming and hawing at the class select screen. Great so far

Switch version when? Would be sublime on there (or Switch Pro? :unsure:) cross progression across platforms is a game changer.

all these reviews got me hyped, i got it on xbox, maybe down the road i'll double dip for steam deck lol. basically my first diablo

Maybe it's because i'm a sorcerer and low level but for the moment what i'm missing from D3 is the fact that when they die monsters or their parts do not seem to fly or have at least parts of them flying away. For me it was always fun to see an arms or legs falling from the sky after a brutal death. Maybe as powers grow stronger ?

Maybe it's because i'm a sorcerer and low level but for the moment what i'm missing from D3 is the fact that when they die monsters or their parts do not seem to fly or have at least parts of them flying away. For me it was always fun to see an arms or legs falling from the sky after a brutal death. Maybe as powers grow stronger ?
I’ve been playing as rogue, and they got a skill that will make enemies explode. The problem I actually had with Wizard in 3 was that there wasn’t a whole lot of gore lol

Yep. Not a whole lot of blood (not like D2) but there are definitely parts flying around.
Good too know.

Maybe this was toned down from D3 or maybe it is tuned according to the power of your char or maybe they are less skills that make monsters flying

Last edited:
Good too know.

Maybe this was toned down from D3 or maybe it is tuned according to the power of your char or maybe they are less skills that male the monster flying
Well rogue’s shadow imbuement specifically says it makes enemies explode in the description. I’m sure sorc has something that will burst some bodies.

Sorry for the broken record discussion, but this is a little obsession of mine.

After watching videos of higher level gameplay, it feels that they have toned down ragdoll physics too much from D3 for my taste. Maybe there is a middle ground because i know some people do not like when monsters fly on death. But i feel that at least corpse of ennemies that are small should be affected more on their death if there is an explosion or an impact on them (in a power fantasy i mean).

Maybe i'm wrong but that's a bummer for me.

Hope the game will make me forget that with other things.

Was telling a friend who doesn’t play many games this was out now, we used to play D2 growing up. She was like, “Oh man, I can’t wait to talk to Deckard Cain!”

I had to be the one to break the cruel news and now she is 50% less excited by estimation

Was telling a friend who doesn’t play many games this was out now, we used to play D2 growing up. She was like, “Oh man, I can’t wait to talk to Deckard Cain!”

I had to be the one to break the cruel news and now she is 50% less excited by estimation
You're telling me this game DOESN'T have ghost Deckard Cain posted up in every town to identify your items????

(I know very little about this game's plot, although I will jump in at some point)

You're telling me this game DOESN'T have ghost Deckard Cain posted up in every town to identify your items????

(I know very little about this game's plot, although I will jump in at some point)
Item identification isn’t even in this one

Sorcerer lvl25 atm World tier 2. I do not know if it is like that all along the campaign but i'm playing with a Friend who plays Necro and it's very easy for the moment, is it the fact that we are 2 or the fact that we are still in the first act ? I was thinking World tier 2 would be more difficult from the get go.

Sorcerer lvl25 atm World tier 2. I do not know if it is like that all along the campaign but i'm playing with a Friend who plays Necro and it's very easy for the moment, is it the fact that we are 2 or the fact that we are still in the first act ? I was thinking World tier 2 would be more difficult from the get go.
My problem with diablo 3.

I keep waiting for info about difficulty, but I can’t find people’s opinion about it.

Back
Top Bottom