• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Danganronpa Decadence |ST| Monokuma's Maleficent Mismanagement

This really only applies to those who have played them before, but ProZD and his friend Jay have playthroughs of DR1 and DR2 on YouTube that are LONG and feature them voicing all the characters (ProZDs Monokuma is wonderful), they’re well worth checking out if you’re interested in that kind of thing:

....what the fuck
The moment Tsumugi mentioned she was in the bathroom, I gasped, she's the freaking mastermind!?

Not only that, but she's actually Junko AGAIN????? Wtf lmao. 3rd time is the charm they say...

I'm so curious on how this game is going end.

Last edited:
V3 spoilers
but then there's kaede who actually is this optimistic and proactive protagonist. i think kodaka did some cool things with the game, but killing her off was a bad move. and i think it unfortunately came from the reason that killing off a female character in particular would be more shocking, and that sucks.
It's 100% because the game is written through a male lens, and that nerdy otaku men would feel more devastated if a girl they were manipulated into being infatuated with died than if some guy died. Wrote a lot more about it in the LTTP thread that was posted today

Sorry to hear that! Definitely unfortunate. Is the dent super big or really deep? If not...you might be able to shore up a piece of wood or something against and tap it flat with a mallet?

it's pretty deep. I don't care too much about boxes though. it's just that i have all the limited editions for danganronpa so far and i didn't beat v3 yet so this was the 'best' way to experience it.

V3 spoilers

It's 100% because the game is written through a male lens, and that nerdy otaku men would feel more devastated if a girl they were manipulated into being infatuated with died than if some guy died. Wrote a lot more about it in the LTTP thread that was posted today

absolutely. the dude could have used someone else as a sounding board. i was disappointed with the choice because the character was a legitimately interesting one, but it's played off in a cheaply manipulated way. fuck outta here with that.

Just got my preorder finally from Best Buy. What a shit show. Anyone else get shipped a game with no shrink wrapping? Damn thing is probably a bootleg

Standard edition is out of stock but order-able from Amazon US in case people want to get that version. Special edition still available

Decided to boot up Danganronpa 1. I have played 1 and 2 on mobile last year, so I will probably go max difficulty.

But biggest difference is that it runs 60fps on Switch. Can anyone confirm if D2 runs 60fps on Switch?

Edit: so it looks all games except V3 runs 60fps.

Edit 2: Hmmm...I don't know if I really want to play 1 and 2 since it's fresh on my mind as I played them last year. After finishing V3, I feel empty lol.

Last edited:
Question as someone playing Danganronpa 1 right now, is it worth using chapter select to try and get some of the intimacy events I missed for dead characters ?(tho it seems like it takes forever to get back to free time)

Question as someone playing Danganronpa 1 right now, is it worth using chapter select to try and get some of the intimacy events I missed for dead characters ?(tho it seems like it takes forever to get back to free time)
I wouldn’t. There should be a “free play” mode after you beat the game.

Ah ok, didn’t know since I’m new to it. Plus I’m sure I’d need certain presents
Yes, as the other poster said, once you finish the game, in all three games, you get modes that allow you fully complete each of the social things with the students at your leisure, just waiting until the end to do that

Yes, as the other poster said, once you finish the game, in all three games, you get modes that allow you fully complete each of the social things with the students at your leisure, just waiting until the end to do that
Sounds good, I’ll just go after who i feel like(and who I have the presents for)

Well that’s Danganronpa’s story mode down. Wild trip, glad I managed to avoid spoilers for the most part. And now there’s this school mode to mess with(that seems like something I can multitask with while watching anime) so I may mess with it tomorrow. I’m guessing it’s also the easy way to round out the intimacy convos and there’s some sort of bonus.

Probably will take a breather before 2 tho, need to put some time into Digimon cyberslueth

So poking around, seems like I’ll need multiple runs to get all the endings in Danganronpa 1’s school mode, so first run should I just get one character’s relationship all the way up then I’m good to spend a good chunk of the first run rounding out the intimacy conversations?

Now that I was looking at this on the eShop, I just discovered that this version of V3 along with the Gamepass version doesn’t contain the french text localization that the Steam version has. That is REALLY weird, why would they do that? It was the only game in the series that was localized in french too.

Now that I was looking at this on the eShop, I just discovered that this version of V3 along with the Gamepass version doesn’t contain the french text localization that the Steam version has. That is REALLY weird, why would they do that? It was the only game in the series that was localized in french too.
Not the same publisher, Spike Chunsoft and Numskull do not own the rights for this translation.

did they ever fix V3's port?
No

Back
Top Bottom