• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Danganronpa Decadence |ST| Monokuma's Maleficent Mismanagement

Mr_No_U

Garbage Galaxy Representative
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Got a notification that the game finally unlocked, so looking forward to finally trying the series despite owning the first game on PC teehee.

Edit: wait, game crashes? Is it just the 3rd game or all games crash? Hope the issues get fixed by the time I get to the other ones.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
Dang, really? I’m sorry to hear that. :/ Is there any place in particular it seems to crash, or just any old time?
Whenever a debate begins and the camera spins, the game freezes. This has happened twice and this is with the day 1 update. And unfortunately there are some gameplay moments where the fps tanks so much. I really wish it was a more smooth experience. This is specifically V3.

Mandos

Pikmin
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
So does the physical version include everything on the cartridge or not?

Blegh, so this'll most likely get a number of patches :(
It does, but since there’s no digital sku for the collection they show up as separate icons so they can receive the same updates as the digital versions.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
Playing V3 for the first time and just completed trial 1.

Wow, they actually did it, make the main character the actual murder. I always thought that they should try that approach. But the sad thing is...they had to kill off the only female MC in the mainline games lol...

But holy shit, the execution was probably the most darkest ones in the series jeez...

Last edited:

SammyJ9

Weeb of the Rings
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Playing V3 for the first time and just completed trial 1.

Wow, they actually did it, make the main character the actual murder. I always thought that they should try that approach. But the sad thing is...they had to kill off the only female MC in the mainline games lol...

But holy shit, the execution was probably the most darkest ones in the series jeez...
And this is why this case is so divisive. There's a big split between people who thought it was really contrived that you were the killer and it doesn't really make sense, people who thought it was really clever and well done, and people who hate it because they killed off the female MC to do it. I fall in the camp that thought it was pretty cool and well done, but also do agree that I wish Kaede wasn't the one they used for it. It should have been someone else and then you end up playing as her, or something like that.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
And this is why this case is so divisive. There's a big split between people who thought it was really contrived that you were the killer and it doesn't really make sense, people who thought it was really clever and well done, and people who hate it because they killed off the female MC to do it. I fall in the camp that thought it was pretty cool and well done, but also do agree that I wish Kaede wasn't the one they used for it. It should have been someone else and then you end up playing as her, or something like that.
I now finally understand why some people said that they were disappointed that Kaede wasn't the MC. It's a shame because for that short amount of time I spent with her, I really liked her. At the same time, I actually enjoyed the twist, it was really refreshing.

Well, it's the weekend, time to begin chapter 2. I wonder what crazy trials awaits me.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
So yesterday I thought to myself that the investigation themes in 1 and 2 are way better than V3. Later today, the investigation theme in V3 has grown a lot to me. It's stuck in my head and I'm really jamming to it lol.

Linkstrikesback

Bounty Hunter
Pronouns
He
Famicoins
It does, but since there’s no digital sku for the collection they show up as separate icons so they can receive the same updates as the digital versions.
Wait, so when I put the physical game in, 4 different icons will appear on the menu? That'll get old fast, haha.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
Just completed Chapter 2 in V3

That was actually a decent case
I enjoyed this trial. It was almost a perfect crime. Although like an idiot I accused Angie since I thought as an ultimate artist she can make the ropeway but then I realised it's actually the ultimate maid.

I think the biggest twist was that she's actually the Prime minister lol.

But man...I think the punishment videos are waaayyy more brutal than the previous games.

Also, as I was playing, I kept thinking to myself why isn't there an ultimate assassin? And BANG, Maki exposed as an ultimate assassin lol.

Just started chapter 3 and there's meteorites...I'm really curious what the story behind this.

Chapter 3 here I come!

Edit: Oh yeah! I noticed something at the end of trial 2:
After the voting was done, someone voted for the MC...so many questions...

Last edited:

Barely Able

Yoshi
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
I see the price gouging for the physical edition is already starting on certain places. Probably should have placed a per order considering this is ultra niche.

edamame

Paratroopa
Famicoins
I played the first one on Vita years ago but not the other two. Figured if I'm going to play 2 and 3 on Switch I might as well have the whole trilogy on the same platform so I went ahead and grabbed the physical version. I'm probably just going to start from scratch and replay Trigger Happy Havoc again to refresh my memory.

Obviously these are Spike Chunsoft games, but I've always thought of Danganronpa as Sony's Ace Attorney since the main home for the series has always been on Sony hardware, much like Ace Attorney and Nintendo. So it's kind of cool that the Ace Attorney series made its Sony debut a couple years back, and now Danganronpa arrives on Nintendo.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
I see the price gouging for the physical edition is already starting on certain places. Probably should have placed a per order considering this is ultra niche.
Out of curiosity, I checked online and the physical copies are literally sold out in all online retailers in the UK. There are few collectors edtions left. The price will no doubt go up even higher since the physical release has an exclusive spin off game.

Kingpin Rogers

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
In DR1 does the sound when you're using observation in a room with a lot of things to look at sound a bit choppier than usual to anyone else? Maybe it was always like that and I never noticed but it's kinda painful with how bad it sounds to me haha.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
In DR1 does the sound when you're using observation in a room with a lot of things to look at sound a bit choppier than usual to anyone else? Maybe it was always like that and I never noticed but it's kinda painful with how bad it sounds to me haha.
I'm not sure since I'm currently playing V3 but it seems these ports have quite a lot of issues such as fps drops, crashes and freezes. Wouldn't surprise me if the choppy sound is also a glitch. Hope they patch these games.

crepuscule

Bob-omb
Famicoins
Out of curiosity, I checked online and the physical copies are literally sold out in all online retailers in the UK. There are few collectors edtions left. The price will no doubt go up even higher since the physical release has an exclusive spin off game.
That's suprising. Physical Switch games are usually in stock somewhere online here for months at the least. Glad I managed to get a pre-order for £35.88 then.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
That's suprising. Physical Switch games are usually in stock somewhere online here for months at the least. Glad I managed to get a pre-order for £35.88 then.
I guess since this game is really niche, there wasn't that much stock to begin with. And same here with that price thanks to the eBay offer lol.

Kingpin Rogers

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Apparently there's been a patch for DR3? Does anyone know if it fixes any of the issues like crashing and whatnot?

OP
OP
big lantern ghost

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone for highlighting their issues and keeping everyone here abreast of things! I can honestly say this is one release I was absolutely not expecting many issues with! 😅

Hopefully the patches roll in swiftly and get these great games up to snuff.

Lord Azrael

Starman
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
V3 has crashed twice now...this game is so unoptimised.
Based on your accounts it sounds like it might be worse in the Switch version, but I remember the PS4 version froze for me as well. Game is slightly buggier than its predecessors in general

Barely Able

Yoshi
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Hopefully there will be another restock, but not sure. I have one and 2 on vita, so could always play there and get V3 on switch. Wanted the physical collection and ability to put it on the TV though.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
Based on your accounts it sounds like it might be worse in the Switch version, but I remember the PS4 version froze for me as well. Game is slightly buggier than its predecessors in general
It's honestly a shame. Apparently the games are developed on the Unity Engine?

Ombrella

Rattata
Pronouns
She / Her
Famicoins
Danganronpa is probably my favorite series of video games, along with Corpse Party. I own all the versions except the mobile ones (Anniversary), so I'm so glad to receive those on the Switch, which contains the bonuses added on the mobile versions.
That game made me laugh, facepalm, and sob so much at the same time...I felt so much emotions, and that probably changed me when I started playing it as I was around 15. (V3 is the worst in term of crying, honestly, I felt depressed after some scenes lmao)

I really hope more people discover and enjoy this license, because...well, it's fun to play and almost all characters are enjoyable, funny, and unique.

1595164351-3196-card.jpg
<3

Lord Azrael

Starman
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Also just wanna say that this is one of the rare franchises where it gets better and better with each entry in my opinion. So if you're a newcomer and end up enjoying the first one... hoo boy, you're in for a ride

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
I'm almost done with chapter 3 in V3 and hoo boy, by far one of my most favorite cases in the series. So long and complicated.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
Update: I just completed Chapter 3 in V3 and what actual F...the culprit is beyond messed up!

And also
I swear to God, Kaito please don't die, he's like the best Bro 😭

Zalman

Stuck on a different planet
Famicoins
Just started the first game. I have played 1 and 2 before, but it's been many years. Happy to be back, and looking forward to V3 as well of course.

Kingpin Rogers

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
The character gallery in DR1 at least seems like it has some weird errors haha.

Going through Leon's voices lines and "my bad my bad" is titled "might but might but" for some reason and "hey you bastard" is titled "hey, yeah buster" haha.

I'm curious how stuff like that is gotten so wrong.

Jave

Famiboards' Resident Smurfs Fan
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
The character gallery in DR1 at least seems like it has some weird errors haha.

Going through Leon's voices lines and "my bad my bad" is titled "might but might but" for some reason and "hey you bastard" is titled "hey, yeah buster" haha.

I'm curious how stuff like that is gotten so wrong.
Those really sound like automatically generated subtitles on Youtube.

Famicoins
I bought these games on Steam last year, and still haven't gotten around to them. Maybe a good time to give this series a shot once I can finish the games I'm currently going through...

Barely Able

Yoshi
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
The collectors edition is up on Amazon US if people wanted that. Not sure why they made so few standard editions, but hopefully that comes back in one more time.

OP
OP
big lantern ghost

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
Heya! Since it seems like a lot of people are revisiting these games with this collection, I thought it might be fun to ask the Fami a few questions! First up...

V6Cmmhc.png

What's your favourite execution in the series?

That question throws dark, but so does Danganronpa. What's your fave way someone meets their maker?

I'm sure it goes without saying, but...

dZzqkxF.png

My pick is Mondo! Early in the series, and far from the wildest execution in the series. There is one aspect of it that is the literal first thing I think of when Danganronpa is mentioned, though; that his corpse comes out of the punishment as a processed tub of MONDO BUTTER. There is something extremely hilarious about that to me. I like it so much I wish that I wrote it lol.

Chie

Satonaka Style
Famicoins
If anyone in the us still wants a physical copy, I just bought one at shop4megastore. Was 58 after tax. It is a UK copy but region free of course. Page says they only have 1 left so I'd hurry

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
FUUUUUCCCKKKKKK

I just completed Chapter 4 in V3...so freaking depressed.

First things first, FUCK YOU Kokishi. Never in a million years I would have thought Gonta would kill someone. The Gentleman is so precious 😭😭

em

Like Like
Pronouns
They/Them
Famicoins
Heya! Since it seems like a lot of people are revisiting these games with this collection, I thought it might be fun to ask the Fami a few questions! First up...

V6Cmmhc.png

That question throws dark, but so does Danganronpa. What's your fave way someone meets their maker?

dZzqkxF.png

My pick is Mondo! Early in the series, and far from the wildest execution in the series. There is one aspect of it that is the literal first thing I think of when Danganronpa is mentioned, though; that his corpse comes out of the punishment as a processed tub of MONDO BUTTER. There is something extremely hilarious about that to me. I like it so much I wish that I wrote it lol.

My top two:
Chiaki’s execution hit hardest. Obviously she’s a character the player cares for, but the execution itself has some neat gaming references.

Kaede’s in V3 is similar in that it’s both very fitting and that the character is important to the player.

Last edited:

SammyJ9

Weeb of the Rings
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins

V6Cmmhc.png

dZzqkxF.png

I have to admit that while I have a lot of favorites and opinions on these games, the executions aren’t really one of them. I guess maybe it’d be
Celeste since I loved how it was a classical burning at the stake, until she randomly gets hit by a truck, lol

OP
OP
big lantern ghost

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
I hope they will have more physical copies shipped. In my country it's way more exensive to get everything in digital.

Amazon Canada says they're expecting more standard versions on Dec 18. Hopefully that'll prove true for other regions as well!

YN8rjIu.jpg

Barely Able

Yoshi
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Amazon Canada says they're expecting more standard versions on Dec 18. Hopefully that'll prove true for other regions as well!

YN8rjIu.jpg
Let’s hope so. In the US, the collector edition is available still but I don’t particularly want to spend $100 for stuff I don’t want. The standard is going for $120 secondhand on Amazon. So bizarre.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
Yo...I'm half way through Trial 5 in V3 and I have no idea where the story is heading. Some crazy shit is about to go down huh?

Donnie

I Want To Play A Game
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Yay I got my physical copy through today, glad I got that before they dry up. I've played the games before so I'm not sure how quickly I'll get to replaying, maybe that'll be a really nice Christmas thing! Gonna put this thread on watch to see how folks are enjoying them though.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
Welp, I'm legit crying. V3 Chapter 5 really hit me hard. This game knows how to destroy you emotionally...

Stu Benedict

My geode must be acknowledged
Pronouns
He/him/they/them
Famicoins

it should have been shuichi. not only would it make sense to start with that you are the detective character - being thrown a major loop that this is the person who gets offed in the first chapter would fit with the way the game goes against fan expectation. being a somewhat random 'ultimate' would make more sense given the final twist in the game, instead of being yet another male lead whose role is to... lead.

plus kaede is awesome. a real breath of fresh air for the series as a lead. makoto is supposed to be the ultimate hope, but he's just a ball of anxiety the entire time. hajime is sort of a loner. shuichi is makoto, except again. but then there's kaede who actually is this optimistic and proactive protagonist. i think kodaka did some cool things with the game, but killing her off was a bad move. and i think it unfortunately came from the reason that killing off a female character in particular would be more shocking, and that sucks.

Stu Benedict

My geode must be acknowledged
Pronouns
He/him/they/them
Famicoins
my collector's edition arrived with a big ol dent at the bottom.

you know, if it was a cardboard case and it was $100, i wouldn't really care as much. it bothered me when xenoblade x arrived that way, but i sorta got over it. but there's something about a tin case being dented when the thing was $100 that makes it feel so much worse.

OP
OP
big lantern ghost

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
my collector's edition arrived with a big ol dent at the bottom.

you know, if it was a cardboard case and it was $100, i wouldn't really care as much. it bothered me when xenoblade x arrived that way, but i sorta got over it. but there's something about a tin case being dented when the thing was $100 that makes it feel so much worse.

Sorry to hear that! Definitely unfortunate. Is the dent super big or really deep? If not...you might be able to shore up a piece of wood or something against and tap it flat with a mallet?

Top Bottom