• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Dandori Challenge Hi-Scores

Spent another hour in Dandori Day Care and only improved my score 2 points. Clearly I’m missing a key strategy here.

Was able to get another time on the board in Hefty Haulway at least. I actually managed to beat the previous top score even though I froze and broke an enemy. I then beat that score without doing that but it is still interesting you can get more points on time than returning a downed enemy and I hadn’t thought of that. I also didn’t mean to. Lol.

Spent another hour in Dandori Day Care and only improved my score 2 points. Clearly I’m missing a key strategy here.

Was able to get another time on the board in Hefty Haulway at least. I actually managed to beat the previous top score even though I froze and broke an enemy. I then beat that score without doing that but it is still interesting you can get more points on time than returning a downed enemy and I hadn’t thought of that. I also didn’t mean to. Lol.

When I started doing DDC clockwise instead of counterclockwise my score shot up.

When I started doing DDC clockwise instead of counterclockwise my score shot up.
I thought I was doing it clockwise. 😢 I’ve tried both. I’m sure I’ll try again tomorrow.

Edit: yep. Did everything clockwise (assuming you mean starting from where you’re facing) and got exactly the same 291. Lol. A few things I could definitely have done better on but nothing that would change the score dramatically.

Last edited:
I'm also sitting here wondering how people are beating DDC in under a minute. I simply think my reaction time isn't fast enough to do much better than my current 290.

Made it!

It was quite the journey though. After the old one I got a 390, 391, 393 then 396 and finally over 400 now. I don't think I can go much higher with my current strat besides very minor time saves.

I'm also sitting here wondering how people are beating DDC in under a minute. I simply think my reaction time isn't fast enough to do much better than my current 290.
I think it mostly has to do with analysing the stage first. Reaction time doesnt matter that much here, for me it worked to play my strat a couple times to get some routine.

Btw something I found to be very useful is dispatching to get Pikmin on something quickly when using Oatchi (because he has no charge)

I absolutely do
honestly probably somewhere close to 20 hours on just DDC between figuring out new strats and optimizing further and just doing attempts, i'm not proud of it butttt yeah was definitely satisfying getting 348

Alright I give up lol. Think I'm done

Probably shouldn't have started caring about other people's scores and just kept track of my own. Doesn't feel as fun as I thought being a competition

Probably shouldn't have started caring about other people's scores and just kept track of my own. Doesn't feel as fun as I thought being a competition
There are other stages than Dandori Day Care! DDC is hotly contested, but other courses are wide open.

Of course you should only attempt em if you want to

Awww. I think it would be a little different if it was easier to share our strategies. I’m sorry I forgot to include the second place scores but maybe not worth it if it’s just 4-5 of us.

I’m just happy to have one top score.

Out of curiosity, what equipment set are these high scores being set with? I've been doing my runs without any "end-game" gear (ie:
infinite rush, pluck whistle
) but I was wondering if the Oasis of order time posted requires the use of them.

Out of curiosity, what equipment set are these high scores being set with? I've been doing my runs without any "end-game" gear (ie:
infinite rush, pluck whistle
) but I was wondering if the Oasis of order time posted requires the use of them.
Infinite rush doesn't matter that much I think, but plucking whistle is a godsend. It's free seconds saved which matters quite a lot when going for the top scores

I almost definitely had all abilities unlocked for all my scores….though none of my scores are top anymore. 😕

I was able to reach 376 on oasis of order. I know part of the fun is coming up with new tactics/strategies so watching videos can be considered spoilers, but sharing strategies can be part of the fun too. If anyone is curious, I have a video showing the 376 run here: Oasis of Order - 376. Still have a few thoughts on how to improve the run, we'll see if it pans out.

I've given up on competing here lol but since Pikmin 1+2 came out physically I did some runs of that Challenge Mode and had a great time, I challenge y'all to beat me there 👀

mye8LeR.jpg

Ok, I think I might be done with Oasis of Order even though an even 400 seems so enticing. 399 it is for now. If you don't mind having tactics spoiled, here is the video of the run: Oasis of Order - 399

edit: Spoiler tag on the URL removed

Last edited:
So you gonna share those tactics? lol
Well, I thought the video would help for those interested, there is a link to it in the spoiler text. Basically, try to prioritize the materials and wall with just a few pikmin while clearing enemies out the clear the paths. Then next goal is to get flowered winged pikmin on the far gold pile (plus a few white pikmin too)

Well, I thought the video would help for those interested, there is a link to it in the spoiler text. Basically, try to prioritize the materials and wall with just a few pikmin while clearing enemies out the clear the paths. Then next goal is to get flowered winged pikmin on the far gold pile (plus a few white pikmin too)
Oh dark mode made that spoiler impossible to see. lol
Edit: oh what the hell at the pumpkin. I had no idea.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom