• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Covid 19 General Discussion Thread [ST]

Ahh I see, google said "Fully vaccinated" not that it was 2 jabs not boosters (I thought it was quick to roll out that many boosters)

He's been arrested. not sure what will happen though, go burn down a building is vague enough to not be harmful. "Hey everyone meet at this location at this time to destroy this building" and I'd agree with punishment.
Nah, Netherlands is, unfrtunately, very slow with boosters. Although since a few days they are ramping up. The plan is now to have evey adult vaccinated with booster before the end of january. I really hope so, but it's chaos here trying to arrange an appointment to get a booster :(

Nah, Netherlands is, unfrtunately, very slow with boosters. Although since a few days they are ramping up. The plan is now to have evey adult vaccinated with booster before the end of january. I really hope so, but it's chaos here trying to arrange an appointment to get a booster :(
The news runs horror stories of 6 hours in the rain waits for them, but they seem to be rolling out okay here, I know of 1 immune compromised person who was able to get theirs along with their older parents.

Dutch vaccine sceptic and anti-lockdown campaigner dies from coronavirus​

Economist, vaccine sceptic and anti-lockdown campaigner Robin Fransman, who was one of the initiators of a controversial plan to reopen the Netherlands earlier in the coronavirus pandemic, has died in hospital after picking up the virus at the beginning of this month. Fransman, 53, was taken into hospital in Amsterdam shortly after saying on Twitter that he had tested positive for the virus.

The organisation he co-founded, Herstel-NL, launched a plan at the end of last year to protect the elderly and people with underlying illnesses, with ‘corona free zones’, meal services and benefits which, they said, would enable the young to have more freedom.
Read more here.

This virus is no laughing matter at all, but I do start having a hard time feeling sorry for these people who choose not to vaccinate themselves and then die.

Here is one of his last tweets:

Loose translation: 'Tested positive for Covid, About time"

yeah....

With omicron spreading I bet a lot of people who spent the last two years playing it totally safe will catch it despite being fully vaxxed and boosted.

Cough.
At least they'll mostly be protected and not be sent to ICU's.

Can't say the same for the anti-vax morons.

With omicron spreading I bet a lot of people who spent the last two years playing it totally safe will catch it despite being fully vaxxed and boosted.

Cough.
Boosted people in my family seemed unable to catch it from unboosted if they tried. I spent hours with family unmasked in a smaller room just a few hours before they developed symptoms (twice!) and never tested positive.

But yeah, breakthrough cases will continue to happen, especially with the largest spike we've seen since the vaccines were introduced.

Boosted people in my family seemed unable to catch it from unboosted if they tried. I spent hours with family unmasked in a smaller room just a few hours before they developed symptoms (twice!) and never tested positive.

But yeah, breakthrough cases will continue to happen, especially with the largest spike we've seen since the vaccines were introduced.
My dad had pretty severe symptoms on Christmas, we both tested positive recently but my mom did not, all of us being boosted.

I have a super mild sore throat and nothing else so far. Vaxxed and boosted. Tested negative yesterday and will probably test again tomorrow.

It feels like I’m super reluctant to test because they’re so hard to find now.

I have a super mild sore throat and nothing else so far. Vaxxed and boosted. Tested negative yesterday and will probably test again tomorrow.

It feels like I’m super reluctant to test because they’re so hard to find now.
Testing here is fucked, unless you pay money you're probably waiting a week. A second test is good though if you can get it, my first test came back negative and I got a positive test 3 days later.

Cough.
Since I'm vaxxed (but not boosted, won't be available here for some months), as long as it doesn't put me in the ICU, that's fine.

Well that was quick; could make an appointment for a booster since last Thursday, so I’ll get mine on Tuesday.

Well that was quick; could make an appointment for a booster since last Thursday, so I’ll get mine on Tuesday.
Wtf??? I made an appointment 2 weeks ago and can get mine next friday... you're lucky man ?(

If I understood correctly, more locations are being added throughout the country. It helps that the military is helping out with the shots as well.

My mom had her booster this morning (I think she made an appointment three weeks ago) and my sister, who made an appointment last week won’t get hers until the 15th.

When I got my first two vaccines, it was at a big place that does events like hockey, arena football, and so many more things. My booster shot I got at my local Walgreens pharmacy and had to wait a week to get in.

When I got my first two vaccines, it was at a big place that does events like hockey, arena football, and so many more things. My booster shot I got at my local Walgreens pharmacy and had to wait a week to get in.
Yeah my first two vaccine shots were at a big exhibit center, lines as long as Disneyland. My booster was at a grocery store, lol.

After spending a year and a half being my smartest and most vigilant self, I got infected by my mother-in-law visiting her for Christmas. I was protected by being fully vaccinated and I isolated myself from my family to protect them as well. I was planning on getting boosted that same week.

Ironically, the person my mother-in-law got it from was exactly my age, was unvaccinated, and subsequently died from it. What a wonderful vaccine. Now my wife is angry at her own mother for trying to kill me. She lied to us saying she, "didn't do anything risky" which we later learned was a bunch of bullshit.

Time to get boosted before the end of the month.

Y'all, try to find some N95 masks if you can. They protect a lot better against COVID (like no contest better) and they're also more comfortable than the surgical masks IMO. I got mine at Home Depot.

Back
Top Bottom