• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Cooking & Baking — The Chaat Chat

Famifriends, I present to you all the sorriest attempt at salvaging a botched cake: Cake Balls!

IMG_20240421_203538.jpg
Welp, here they are, all 50 of em.

I decided to try again with the cake. I was far less anxious this time around while doing it and I also took a few liberties while baking. I realized that I needed to actually melt the chocolate before putting it in the mix, but melting chocolate chips takes a little long. I put in a bit of milk to make the chocolate melt faster and become smoother. I also added a little more chocolate so it could be more, well, chocolatey. It's currently in the oven, so I'll wait about an hour before it's done.
Out of curiosity, what leads you to believe you have to melt the chocolate first?

Quoted by: D36
Out of curiosity, what leads you to believe you have to melt the chocolate first?
One my first attempt, I just put the chocolate chips into mix, so I figured that melting them would help them blend in.

Chips don't generally melt in bakes, but that's a feature more than a bug.
Yeah...... I realized that after the first attempt 😅
On my second attempt, I melted the chocolate last after mixing the dry ingredients and the pumpkin mix.

Yeah...... I realized that after the first attempt 😅
On my second attempt, I melted the chocolate last after mixing the dry ingredients and the pumpkin mix.
Nay, kvetcha meant that you're not supposed to melt them. Think like chocolate chip cookie

I found this other recipe on Pinterest and, while this one doesn't include pumpkin, it's evident that it's a better recipe, lol.

Back
Top Bottom