• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Capcom aware of interest in Ace Attorney Investigations collection, but no announcements to share at this time

Crazy that the Switch will probably go through it's entire life with no original Ace Attorney developed for it...

Investigations collection would be great. I’m not even sure the games are good but it’s a blind spot in the series for me, so want it. But have these surveys ever done anything? I spammed every precious survey with mega man legends collection/3 and we still have nothing.

Yes please

I actually own the Japanese version of AI2, tried to play it, but that was too difficult sadly.

Is AAI2 on mobile already? If so, it's probably happening.

I'm not too excited, the first Investigations is a bore fest and the only AA game I haven't been able to finish.

Is AAI2 on mobile already? If so, it's probably happening.

I'm not too excited, the first Investigations is a bore fest and the only AA game I haven't been able to finish.
Yeah, everything but the Layton crossover is on mobile. Investigations 2's mobile port came out back in 2017.

I agree Investigations 1 is a snoozefest, but Investigations 2 is a giant step up so a collection would be worthwhile just to have 2 more widely available.

AA7 is probably taking so long IMO is probably a complete rewrite of what was planned for 2021, and it probably being a soft reboot of the franchise that's more ambitious in the presentation and gameplay while also being newcomer-friendly (AKA probably the return of most of the original trilogy tone and cast and less from the Apollo games )

Honestly, they kinda have to figure it out, so I'd rather them take their time. They can't keep bloating the cast, the games need a focused direction again, preferably a long term plan to make another big story arc like the first trilogy.

Takumi left the team with perfect clean slate after AJ and they botchered it so bad. AA5 should have been another Apollo solo game with Phoenix as a senior figure in the office who would maybe have one case for himself on a special occasion (with Apollo being the defendant in a final case or something like that).

Capcom still distributing surveys could mean that AA7 is still in pre-production. Wow

Nah, this is just a simple demographics survey to see who bought the AJ Collection. The franchise has been incredibly healthy since at least the release of the HD Trilogy, no way they wouldn't have a sequel in development all this time.

Capcom still distributing surveys could mean that AA7 is still in pre-production. Wow
I don't think so. They've always been doing surveys on games fairly frequently even when the games are being made. Case in point while they might not be as specific as "do you want an RE9", they still seriously asked people if they wanted more Resident Evil and Monster Hunter alongside actually dead franchises when they asked people what games they wanted more of ..... we all know those games are already in production, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if it still had another year or two of development, though. It's looking fairly likely that there was a shakeup in development.

Honestly, they kinda have to figure it out, so I'd rather them take their time. They can't keep bloating the cast, the games need a focused direction again, preferably a long term plan to make another big story arc like the first trilogy.

Takumi left the team with perfect clean slate after AJ and they botchered it so bad. AA5 should have been another Apollo solo game with Phoenix as a senior figure in the office who would maybe have one case for himself on a special occasion (with Apollo being the defendant in a final case or something like that).

He didn't leave them with the "perfect clean slate" and they didn't botch it, lol. They followed up on what was worth following up on; Phoenix returning in a more mentor like role, and they ignored points that weren't going to go anywhere and he obviously didn't leave any plans on, because the whole Lamiror as Trucy/Apollos mother was a dud of a storyline that was rightfully dropped after AA4. The idea of a jury system also wasn't fleshed out at all, and wouldn't seriously be until Great ace attorney most of a decade later

Apollo having the attention ripped away from him for at least parts of the finale in both 4 and 5 was already among the worst of decisions, if anything they should have gone in the opposite direction of your suggestion and let him have the spotlight for each finale.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom