• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Capcom aware of interest in Ace Attorney Investigations collection, but no announcements to share at this time

mazi

picross pundit
With so many Ace Attorney collections out now and games released, how would you feel about an Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth collection that includes localization of the second game?

Hashimoto:
The development team is aware that fans are hoping for this. Unfortunately, we have no announcements at this time.

"no announcements at this time"

Q7F.gif

Hey, if AA7 is (hopefully) still on the way then I assume they still care about Ace Attorney. So I'll have faith.

It shouldn't be too hard for them since they did TGAAC. AAI is out on mobile worldwide, AAI2 is out on mobile in JP but needs a localization. They already seem to use mobile as the base for these new versions. Probably best to space it out. Maybe early 2025.

I always wonder if interviewers ever expect a juicy scoop when they ask these kinds of questions, or if they go into it thinking, “I’d sure like to dash everyone’s hopes to shreds again.”

Nice that the team is aware of fan interest though.

I always wonder if interviewers ever expect a juicy scoop when they ask these kinds of questions, or if they go into it thinking, “I’d sure like to dash everyone’s hopes to shreds again.”

Jacob Otaku gave an anecdote once that they were shown early footage of Space Dandy from Watanabe and his team since he asked a question about upcoming projects. It's always worth asking even if its 1 in a million. It was in their top 10 Space Dandy episodes on TGWTG before they transitioned, not sure if the video exists anymore.

I’ll gladly take this answer for now. It’s kind of a nothing answer and yet I appreciate the acknowledgment over a no comment. I enjoyed Investigations and always wanted to play Investigations 2 since it seemed the people who have played it loved it. Hope we won’t have to wait much longer.

Honestly Investigations is the worst game in the franchise and the only one I couldn't finish, after trying twice. I know 2 is supposed to be better, but I don't know if I would buy this, even as a fan.

investigations 2 is an amazing game start to finish. there's no filler case, and the game moves from case to case very seamlessly, like it's one long 40 hour story. i liked the first one too but 2 is really special.

HD Backgrounds of the iOS version look very good but I think they should swap the pixel sprites with hand drawn models, that'd look much better, especially on OLED:

Photo-2017-12-14-14-31-44.jpg

As much as I love Gyakuten Kenji/AAI, I’d first like to get AA7, TGAA3 or both.

Like others have said, AAI2 is a veeery good game. But right now, with the fact that a new AA game hasn’t come out, I’d like to get AA7 right now

At this point, unless the Apollo trilogy bombs super hard, an Investigations collection feels inevitable. The Layton crossover is the only iffy one right now, imo.

That being said I agree that an Investigations collection should wait until after a new game. It's like Mega Man - the remaining stuff would be good to have, but it feels like it's time to see something new y'know?

As much as I love Gyakuten Kenji/AAI, I’d first like to get AA7, TGAA3 or both.

Like others have said, AAI2 is a veeery good game. But right now, with the fact that a new AA game hasn’t come out, I’d like to get AA7 right now
We could also get both a new game AND the final collection on modern consoles.

I feel like we might get it once Nintendo starts HD Remastering 3DS games. This is a game that could certainly be sold in the eShop as digital only.

But give me Star Force HD before new content 🤭
I believe they said it was iffy because of the rights issues. You need both Capcom and Level 5 to play ball for it to happen. At the very least it would be a prime opportunity for it since both Capcom and Level 5 are actively pushing those ip again.

They are going to run out of stuff to re-release eventually

inb4 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney trilogy 3D ULTRA HD 4K Edition
You know that’s coming next, lol

They’ll remake the first game, but I wonder id they’ll remake JFA or skip to TAT

I wonder if Ace Attorney 7 has taken so long because they're doing a more ambitious 3D transition, rather than the Sprite > 3D transition we got

well, they could always get a Miyamoto-like "Pikmin 4 is close to completion!" and have us agonize over that for years 🫠

New game first please, I know the second investigations game is new to most people, but I was able to play the fan translation years ago.

I'll still buy that investigations collection of course but come on.

Can’t wait for when they finally run out of old games that haven’t been ported and decide it’s time to release the original trilogy again 🙃

Honestly though an announcement of AA7 directed and written by Shu Takumi would be for me what the first footage of Metroid Prime 4 would be for the rest of Famiboards.

Well that does give me some hope that the series will continue if they’re at least willing to bring over some collections, especially for ones that are still Japan only

I wonder if Ace Attorney 7 has taken so long because they're doing a more ambitious 3D transition, rather than the Sprite > 3D transition we got
I assume the biggest thing that has likely delayed AA7 is Yamazaki leaving Capcom. It probably left them in a rough position over who would take over the main series, particularly if Takumi is still reluctant to keep making games with Phoenix and co.

I remember there was leaked roadmap that showed all ace attorney in the works. I think this collection was mentioned there too, alongside AA7. Anyone remember that roadmap?

Could we estimate a release date for AA7?

Thank you, Lauren Palmer, for asking about it. I would love to see the second game finally localized, and every bit of attention helps.

I assume the biggest thing that has likely delayed AA7 is Yamazaki leaving Capcom. It probably left them in a rough position over who would take over the main series, particularly if Takumi is still reluctant to keep making games with Phoenix and co.
Wait, what?! 😳 Yamazaki left Capcom?! 🫠 I HAD NO IDEA! Wow, I’m literally wow’d…

I Googled, and he left since three years ago?!

But I’m sure they have someone directing. They did a fine job with putting him as Director after Takumi, so I’m sure there’s someone competent enough.

Wait, what?! 😳 Yamazaki left Capcom?! 🫠 I HAD NO IDEA! Wow, I’m literally wow’d…

I Googled, and he left since three years ago?!

But I’m sure they have someone directing. They did a fine job with putting him as Director after Takumi, so I’m sure there’s someone competent enough.
The conspiracy theory in the fanbase is that Takumi is back as director. That's why 7 is taking so long (it was actually supposed to release before TGAA iirc, though I guess that dosen't mean much thanks to COVID) and honestly Takumi being seen as a marketable asset definitely seems noteworthy. But that's just a theory people have, and really his reach can be just as impactful as writer/producer.

The conspiracy theory in the fanbase is that Takumi is back as director. That's why 7 is taking so long (it was actually supposed to release before TGAA iirc, though I guess that dosen't mean much thanks to COVID) and honestly Takumi being seen as a marketable asset definitely seems noteworthy. But that's just a theory people have, and really his reach can be just as impactful as writer/producer.
I think it’s a high reach. Takumi hasn’t been involved in Ace Attorney since Apollo Justice. He then returned for a crossover, until he finally decided to sorta do his own thing with the Great Ace Attorney.

If anything, he could return as writer, seeing as how AA7 could finally address that Gramarye plot line that’s been hanging around for yeeears

It's great to see the enthusiasm for Ace Attorney games and the potential for an Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth collection. The anticipation among fans is evident, and it's a testament to the enduring appeal of the series.

AA7 is probably taking so long IMO is probably a complete rewrite of what was planned for 2021, and it probably being a soft reboot of the franchise that's more ambitious in the presentation and gameplay while also being newcomer-friendly (AKA probably the return of most of the original trilogy tone and cast and less from the Apollo games )

I really hope Level-5 is open to rereleasing Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, because I don’t want that one to be the only game in the series left behind… Always wanted to play it, but I never did get the game because I hadn’t played either series at the time and figured I should play some of those first.

Hopefully we'll get AA7 first. And the reason that's taking so long is because it's going to be the grand finale of all 7 games and its characters. Then remaster Gyakuten Kenji collection. And then reboot the series with a brand new cast. I think that would be the best for the series.
I wouldn't mind a DGS 3 either.

an investigations collection would be kinda weird in the west

investigations 1 sucks ass. a whirlwind of mid capped off by the worst case in the history of the series. EXTRATERRITORIAL RIGHTS

au64gjlbzfs91.png

investigations 2 is quite good, probably the best non-takumi ace attorney, but the fan translation is fantastic and so deeply ingrained in the culture that a new localization will feel strange, with new and official names for the characters. obviously this wouldnt be a problem for normal people who aint patchin a ds rom to play, but itd be weird to me.

AA7 is probably taking so long IMO is probably a complete rewrite of what was planned for 2021, and it probably being a soft reboot of the franchise that's more ambitious in the presentation and gameplay while also being newcomer-friendly (AKA probably the return of most of the original trilogy tone and cast and less from the Apollo games )
Ugh, this is probably what's happening :<

an investigations collection would be kinda weird in the west

investigations 1 sucks ass. a whirlwind of mid capped off by the worst case in the history of the series. EXTRATERRITORIAL RIGHTS

au64gjlbzfs91.png

investigations 2 is quite good, probably the best non-takumi ace attorney, but the fan translation is fantastic and so deeply ingrained in the culture that a new localization will feel strange, with new and official names for the characters. obviously this wouldnt be a problem for normal people who aint patchin a ds rom to play, but itd be weird to me.
lmaoo you just reminded me of the him daisy webcomics xD

It's great to see the enthusiasm for Ace Attorney games and the potential for an Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth collection. The anticipation among fans is evident, and it's a testament to the enduring appeal of the series.
In the meantime, if you have any legal questions or topics you'd like to explore, you can check out resources like https://federal-lawyer.com/whistleblower-lawyers/government-contractor/ for insights into legal matters related to government contractors.Let's hope that more exciting developments come our way in the world of Ace Attorney, and that the wait will be worth it for fans!
damn, of all the threads why is this one an AI bot magnet?

new survey, it mentions AAI2 and is another chance for you to ask for AAI collection and AA7 :)

No, Capcom. People don't actually want to play more games starring the lovable Phoenix Wright and his friends. Whatever gave you the idea. You should just retire and lend out your IP to pachinko parlors.

/s just in case some goober takes me seriously lol

Back
Top Bottom