• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Blu-ray, 4K Blu-ray, DVD/home video |ST| : Bringing Movies and TV Directly To You

https://severinfilms.com/collection...send-in-the-clones-bundle-strict-limit-of-400
2024_Apr_SendInTheClones.jpg

I want this so bad, someone should buy it for me. It would make me happy, which I deserve.

I always enjoy Ken Watanabe whenever he pops up in stuff (Godzilla '14, KOTM, Detective Pikachu, Inception). Keep meaning to pick up that 4k of The Creator, heard good things about both the movie and the disc.
I think The Creator’s kinda dookie but it’s a good lookin’ movie.

Discussion of the works by JK Rowling is banned on Famiboards, per our Banned Content List in R&D. Please refrain from continuing to bring up titles in the Harry Potter franchise. -BF, PS, DS, Zellia
Store nearby was dumping a handful of 4k releases (about twelve different titles altogether), so ended up getting a certain trilogy and The Batman. Very curious to see The Batman, heard it's a ridiculously dark film, so gotta wait until I can watch it on an OLED panel, should help with the contrast...

Edit: adjusted post according to banned content 😉

Last edited:
Store nearby was dumping a handful of 4k releases (about twelve different titles altogether), so ended up getting the Fantastic Beasts trilogy and The Batman. Very curious to see The Batman, heard it's a ridiculously dark film, so gotta wait until I can watch it on an OLED panel, should help with the contrast...
Haven't seen The Batman since the theater, have the 4k disc, haven't gotten around to popping it in. HDR on it should be really nice.

513551568.jpg

Latest pick up, 1925's The Lost World from Flicker Alley. This is pretty much the first dinosaur movies and a direct progenitor of King Kong, featuring stop motion from that more famous film Willis O'Brian. This film used to be partially lost, but can now be seen in a mostly complete version. The transfer here looks great, pulling from 16 and 35mm sorces. We love to see a parade of stop motion dinosaurs. The movie is a fun, if a bit disjointed adventure picture. Not the cream of the crop og the silent era, the beginning in particular has a ridiculous number of intertitles, but a lot of fun. Unfortunately contains a black face character in a minor role. Ultimately, worth wathching for the special effects and as the bluprint for King Kong. The bluray also has 2 delightful shorts with O'Brian and a demo reel for the never made dinosaur film Creation. The film historian commentary is very good too, going into comparisons with the novel and the ardous restoration process. An easy recommendation for fans of the silent era, people interested in special effects, and King Kong historians. I SAY PICK IT UP!

Just snatched up one of the last copies (before a restock) of the Criterion Collection Blu-Ray release of Tokyo Olympiad on Amazon. I'm a big Olympics fanatic, and I've read this is an incredible film, so I'm looking forward to watching it sometime.

Back
Top Bottom